It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK propaganda video released

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: RowanBean
I admit that it does look weird for Trump to salute our enemy. I know it's just out of habit. Say it was out of respect. Nothing to it. But it's even weirder for the general to salute Trump. I hope nothing will happen to him.

Maybe you didn't read the memo. Trump just signed a peace agreement with NK making them not our enemy. At least I think that is what a peace agreement is for.

Trump can salute whoever he wants. It's a sign of respect. Everyone needs to get over it. I'm sure nothing will happen to the general.

It's an agreement to work together towards peace. It's in the progress.

And why did you tell me to get over it? I don't have any problem with Trump saluating the general. Geez you are so blind by your worship of Trump that you see what you want to see in posts.

I realized I lumped your coment in with a previous comment. Which is why I changed the comment to everyone. Sorry for not paying enough attention.

That's ok. It happens. Maybe you need more covfefe? God knows we all do.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s probably nice for Kim to meet someone on the same wavelength.

Umm, when did he meet Hillary???

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: underwerks
It’s probably nice for Kim to meet someone on the same wavelength.

Umm, when did he meet Hillary???

Why would Kim want to meet her? No amount of drinking would get him to meet her.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The President of the United States shouldn't return the salute of a high-ranking officer of a militaristic dictatorship. His military aide should have probably discussed this with him prior to all this, however, we all know Trump decided he didn't need to prepare much for this meeting.

He called Kim a 'tough guy' because he took over the country at the age of 27 and murdered his own family members to maintain that position.

I'm surprised by this but I shouldn't be. Trump has suggested that murdering suspected criminals is a good idea, not just convicted criminals but people anyone suspects of being a criminal. He's thought the idea of 'president for life' is a good idea. Now he's saying that a man who murders perceived political threats and has concentration camps in his country is nothing more than a 'tough guy.'

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Now the spin will be all the stories we have heard about Little kim are all fabricated by false news from the lying press. Which might be true as the girlfriend he was supposed to have offed was seen quite healthy and with all her limbs intact.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Though only a brief interaction, it was telling that the salute was included in the documentary, according to Jean H. Lee, a North Korea scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington.

“This is a moment that will be used over and over in North Korea’s propaganda as 'proof' that the American president defers to the North Korean military,” Lee said. “It will be treated as a military victory by the North Koreans.”

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

Though only a brief interaction, it was telling that the salute was included in the documentary, according to Jean H. Lee, a North Korea scholar at the Woodrow Wilson Center in Washington.

“This is a moment that will be used over and over in North Korea’s propaganda as 'proof' that the American president defers to the North Korean military,” Lee said. “It will be treated as a military victory by the North Koreans.”

So why show the whole "awkward" exchange on their propaganda video?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Trump gives a thumbs up to foreign leader in latest, horrific scandal...

and then had 3 scoops of ice cream

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
To be honest I think Kim is tired of the whole thing and tired of being China's buffer zone or whatever he's tired of. He saw Trump as an opporutinty to get out of it for his country and his people. Just a new thought I just thought of.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Wait a minute. I did say no USA military presence in the SK and possible no China military presenece in the NK would be the answer to it.
Maybe I am a psychic after all?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

The US is pulling troops and ending war games. This is a win for North Korea. Why do you care how they propagandize the event to their people.

Trump got Kim's commitment to denuclearize and return hostages.

In the art of making deals this is called a "Win, Win". Both parties get something they needed and neither side walks away a loser.

I know we have been plagued by presidents whose negotiations lead to the US loses and you win so I don't blame you for not understanding the concept of "Win, Win".
edit on 15-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I'd prefer more than a pinky-promise from Kim that he's going to de-nuclearize.

Trump just got played by Little Rocket Man.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: links234

You think China won't notice that or they are playing a game?
edit on 15-6-2018 by RowanBean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Because we don't have satellites watching him and we can't possibly send our military back to SK?

You act like Trump gave NK pallets of untraceable money or something.

edit on 15-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Worse. Trump gave Kim legitimacy and propaganda to feed to his oppressed people.

Trump will likely lift sanctions in the near future which would be akin to pallets of untraceable money, the people of North Korea will get little if anything from it.

North Korea has promised to get rid of their nukes a dozen times before now but suddenly, they're just going to give it all up? Oh please.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Worse. Trump gave Kim legitimacy and propaganda to feed to his oppressed people.

Trump will likely lift sanctions in the near future which would be akin to pallets of untraceable money, the people of North Korea will get little if anything from it.

North Korea has promised to get rid of their nukes a dozen times before now but suddenly, they're just going to give it all up? Oh please.

Kim showed thim healthy and afflunedza people. And how do I spell that? I bet most people who watched that video can't spell. As much as I dislike Trump I hope revolution happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

He won't give up nukes,China is in his back pocket.
Give it a few months and we are back to square one. Lay your last red cent on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Give it a few months and we are back to square one. Lay your last red cent on it.

Guaranteed in 3 months we will be back to the nutcases calling for preemptive strikes like they were 3 months ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Kim showing that video is telling a lot. I thini we're witnessing a change.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: hiddenNZ

Guaranteed in 3 months we will be back to the nutcases calling for preemptive strikes like they were 3 months ago.

Someone will always be war mongering somewhere. Usually John McCain. I imagine if he doesnt get some experimental cure, someone else will step up an take his place. Thats just the nature of the game. As for whether we end up at square one again.... it is a coin toss.

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join