It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK propaganda video released

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Kim looks soo miserable at his send off.

Maybe he didn't get the women he was promised?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gariac

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Trump gives a thumbs up to foreign leader in latest, horrific scandal...

Trump gives thumbs up to murderous thug. This is the same Trump that called Mexicans animals.

No, he called murderous animals murderous animals. The "OMG, he's calling Mexicans animals, boo frickity hoo hoo" nonsense was hyperbole at it's finest.

For the record, folks are getting triggered over nothing.
taskandpurpose.com...

In Rachel Maddow’s 2011 book “Drift,” which offers a fascinating look at how modern presidents commit the military to war, Maddow describes how upon entering the White House in 1981, Reagan began saluting every uniformed service member he saw. One of his military aides, a Marine officer named John Kline, who is now a Republican congressman from Minnesota, worried that Reagan’s new ritual was inappropriate. He voiced his concerns directly with the president. Maddow writes:

Soldiers were supposed to salute their president; the president was not supposed to salute the soldiers. No modern president, not even old General Eisenhower, had saluted military personnel. It might even be, well, sort of, improper. Reagan seemed disappointed at this news. Kline suggested he talk to the commandant of the United States Marine Corps and get his advice, and the commandant’s advice ran something like this: You’re the goddamn president. You can salute whoever you goddamn well please. So Ronald Reagan continued saluting his soldiers, and he encouraged his own vice president and successor, George H.W. Bush, to do the same. And every president since has followed.

Marine Commandant's opinion outweighs the opinion of, well, an entire forum of gariacs in my esteem. You have two options here, bud... nothing and like it.
Enjoy your day.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whoisjohngalt
Kim looks soo miserable at his send off.

...someone informed him of the character, intellects, and composition of those in America who were gearing up to say he "won" the summit. It's like being Special Ed students' favorite teacher.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Trump gives thumbs up to murderous thug. This is the same Trump that called Mexicans animals.

Don't you think that any world leader is a murderous thug? Is Kim much more murderous?

Killing your relatives is a bit different than military action. Remember he killed his uncle. Had him shot with AAA then fed to the dogs. He killed that other relative with a nerve agent.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Don't you think that any world leader is a murderous thug? Is Kim much more murderous?

Killing your relatives is a bit different than military action. Remember he killed his uncle. Had him shot with AAA then fed to the dogs. He killed that other relative with a nerve agent.

Domestic disputes don't qualify for humanitarian record black marks, FYI.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
It’s probably nice for Kim to meet someone on the same wavelength.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Dispute? The only conflict is these people he killed existed. There was no dispute.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

No, he called murderous animals murderous animals. The "OMG, he's calling Mexicans animals, boo frickity hoo hoo" nonsense was hyperbole at it's finest.

taskandpurpose.com...

In Rachel Maddow’s 2011 book “Drift,” which offers a fascinating look at how modern presidents commit the military to war, Maddow describes how upon entering the White House in 1981, Reagan began saluting every uniformed service member he saw. One of his military aides, a Marine officer named John Kline, who is now a Republican congressman from Minnesota, worried that Reagan’s new ritual was inappropriate. He voiced his concerns directly with the president. Maddow writes:

Soldiers were supposed to salute their president; the president was not supposed to salute the soldiers. No modern president, not even old General Eisenhower, had saluted military personnel. It might even be, well, sort of, improper. Reagan seemed disappointed at this news. Kline suggested he talk to the commandant of the United States Marine Corps and get his advice, and the commandant’s advice ran something like this: You’re the goddamn president. You can salute whoever you goddamn well please. So Ronald Reagan continued saluting his soldiers, and he encouraged his own vice president and successor, George H.W. Bush, to do the same. And every president since has followed.

Marine Commandant's opinion outweighs the opinion of, well, an entire forum of gariacs in my esteem. You have two options here, bud... nothing and like it.
Enjoy your day.

Lol you can't see the difference between a president saluting his own military vs. a foreign military (let alone from North Korea's murderous regime)? Cute.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

taskandpurpose.com...

Enjoy your day.

www.politico.com...

A president should always know the proper protocol when interacting with foreign military officials, he said.

“We can be outraged that Trump saluted a North Korean general without invoking the ‘if Obama did it‘ argument," Price wrote on Twitter. "Here's the truth: Neither Obama nor any other American President would've done this. Like so much else today, it's uniquely Trumpian and abhorrent."

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Dispute? The only conflict is these people he killed existed. There was no dispute.

The disputes were brief and swiftly resolved.
edit on 14-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

And? Did I mention Obama in any way? Reagan started the POTUS salute and, when people complained that it violated protocol, was undignified, was untraditional, whatever... the highest ranking Marine officer, a branch of service which is heralded for their procedural piety and dignified protocol elitism, informed the world that the POTUS can salute whomever he wishes to salute. No mention of "whichever American" no "except for saluting NorKs," no "as long as gariac doesn't cry over it" no qualifiers whatsoever. That was my argument here.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt

taskandpurpose.com...

Enjoy your day.

Lol you can't see the difference between a president saluting his own military vs. a foreign military (let alone from North Korea's murderous regime)? Cute.

You know, you've got quite a case of myopic vision on this. I'm not a veteran, so this may be me talking out of my ass, but isn't a soldier conducting their orders with dignity and honor to the position respectable whichever side they're lined up on? Isn't that what the entire modern "rules of humane war" are based upon? Is it possible to respect your enemy? Is it possible to show them respect purely from an isometric view of respect towards anyone who puts their life on the line for their own country? I've always been told it's possible and, in fact, I've heard often that it's not only possible but demanded by the simple rules of combat. It was a simple sign of one-off respect, you saluted me from a position of honor, I salute you from the same.

Perhaps a much better question to be asking here is whether a foreign general has ever saluted a US President outside of a direct theater in which the POTUS was the ranking officer in a joint activity? Instead of us talking about Trump's "violation of protocol," maybe we should be asking "What drove an enemy general to show that degree of respect to the American leader with his own leader standing behind the American President?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I admit that it does look weird for Trump to salute our enemy. I know it's just out of habit. Say it was out of respect. Nothing to it. But it's even weirder for the general to salute Trump. I hope nothing will happen to him.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Oh God, we posted in agreement.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Oh God, we posted in agreement.

I just looked out of the window. Nope the sky isn't falling. Whew.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Marine officer with an agenda doesn't count.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
I admit that it does look weird for Trump to salute our enemy. I know it's just out of habit. Say it was out of respect. Nothing to it. But it's even weirder for the general to salute Trump. I hope nothing will happen to him.

Maybe you didn't read the memo. Trump just signed a peace agreement with NK making them not our enemy. At least I think that is what a peace agreement is for.

Trump can salute whoever he wants. It's a sign of respect. Everyone needs to get over it. I'm sure nothing will happen to the general.

I don't find it wierd at all. I find it quite genuine and real. Coming from 2 real people who are looking forward to real peace that have mutual respect for one another.

edit on 14-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Maybe you didn't read the memo. Trump just signed a peace agreement with NK making them not our enemy. At least I think that is what a peace agreement is for.

Trump can salute whoever he wants. It's a sign of respect. Everyone needs to get over it. I'm sure nothing will happen to the general.

It's an agreement to work together towards peace. It's in the progress.

And why did you tell me to get over it? I don't have any problem with Trump saluating the general.

edit on 14-6-2018 by RowanBean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Marine officer with an agenda doesn't count.

Well, that's a condescendingly crappy thing to say. What was his agenda, honestly stating his opinion?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

It's an agreement to work together towards peace. It's in the progress.

And why did you tell me to get over it? I don't have any problem with Trump saluating the general. Geez you are so blind by your worship of Trump that you see what you want to see in posts.

I realized I lumped your coment in with a previous comment. Which is why I changed the comment to everyone. Sorry for not paying enough attention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join