It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your favorite method of making coffee?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I love French brewed coffee. It is best when you get the water as hot as your can before pouring it over coarse French ground coffee. I think this is THE way to make coffee. fantes.com...

My honey disagrees with me. He thinks that auto-drip is the better method; however, he did love the cup of French brewed I made for him at my studio (I had gotten the water hot enough!)

Others prefer percolated coffee and even others like instant brews.
I think I prefer cowboy coffee to instant. My friend Patrick makes cowboy coffee at his Butterfly Ranch (of Julia Butterfly/Luna fame). He says the secret to making it is to add just a bit of very cold water to the top of the cup and all the grounds will go to the bottom. www.ineedcoffee.com...

Any other coffee hints? What is your preferred brewing method?

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
*L* I prefer to walk across the street to the bakery, and have them fill up my travel mug in the morning...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great idea! I especially love the drive thru. I order an extra-large triple breve' with 2 shots of sugar-free white chocolate! yummmie!

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I use an automatic drip for the 3 cups I drink over breakfast (and one in the to-go cup as I head out the door . . .)

I like a French press. The name seems kind of sensual, no?

My preferred method is Espresso. Have a machine in the central Galley of Strangecraft Castle. My prob is, I don't have time in the morning to drive the old "steam engine," my alone time is just before bed, when the kiddos have passed out. And then it'd keep me up.

But I do love a capuccino with sugar. MMMnnnnmmm.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I know its expensive, but when Im in the mood for some coffee I go to one of the MANY Starbux in town. Few bucks more, but ooohohhoho so good.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
1. Espresso machine
2. Stovetop percolator
3. French press (Bodum)

but it is the consumption method rather than the preparation method that maximises caffeine titiallation.

Sucking the coffee through a Tia Maria flavored Tim Tam is a might fine method.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
anyone knows this coffee system?
my fav.!

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
If the beans are fresh ground, and the coffee is strong, you can't go wrong. Espresso is definatley the best method, but the French press is nice method as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Sucking the coffee through a Tia Maria flavored Tim Tam is a might fine method.

What is a Tim TAm, I am wondering?

I am such a coffee freak that I have membership cards for ALL the drive throughs in Humboldt County that offer them, and I still go to the ones that do not have punch cards.

I love the punch cards...fill them up and get a free coffee. Makes paying the price not so bad.

I recently bought a new drip coffee maker. Now that I think about it...here is a link to my blog about it.

Ummm....good coffee!
blogs.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join