It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Just Released IG Report A Big Nothingburger? Trey Gowdy's Statement.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Trey Gowdy received a lot of flak from stating that "the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got." What will people think about Gowdy's recent statement concerning the IG report? The recently released IG report stated that Comey made a “serious error of judgment,” but concluded there was no evidence that Comey showed any political bias. Horowitz's report also mentioned that there was "insufficient evidence" to charge Hillary Clinton with a federal crime. However, the report stated that Peter Strzok and Lisa Page, exchanged messages with each other, which "created the appearance of bias." Democrats are making fun of "trumpsters" on social media, stating that there's nothing in the report that will send Hillary, Comey, Lunch or McCabe to prison. They're making comments implying that the Nunes memo is a dud and that there's no proof that Obama's administration "weaponized" our justice and intel for political purposes. Trey Gowdy is upset over this released IG report and made it known with a press release on the Oversight and Government Reform website:

“I am alarmed, angered, and deeply disappointed by the Inspector General’s finding of numerous failures by DOJ and FBI in investigating potential Espionage Act violations by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

The investigation was mishandled. The investigatory conclusions were reached before the end of the witness interviews. The July 5th press conference marked a serious violation of policy and process. And the letters to Congress in the fall of 2016 were both delayed in substance and unnecessary in form.

Moreover, the treatment afforded to former Secretary Clinton and other potential subjects and targets was starkly different from the FBI’s investigation into Trump campaign officials.

The law enforcement community has no greater ally in Congress than me. But continued revelations of questionable decision making by FBI and DOJ leadership destroys confidence in the impartiality of the institutions I have long served, respected, and believed in.

It is now urgently incumbent on Attorney General Sessions and Director Wray to take decisive action to restore Americans’ confidence in our justice system.”

FULL MEMO FOUND ON THIS LINK:
oversight.house.gov...

So, did the deep state get to Horowitz, or is the report a big "nothingburger?" Only time will tell where this goes.
edit on 6/14/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

It has become very clear to me whenever they praise one of their own IGs, Directors whatever as the most honorable, trustworthy etc.. they arent and they dont give a # about the people.

Im done hoping for truth, Gowdy has lost all credibilty with me. Ah well, back to farming, plants and animals are much more honest.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Why isn’t trumps doj doing anything??

Why would trumps DOJ be covering up for hillary???

Trump owns every branch of government and law enforcement..

So here are only 2 options..

He is covering for her or he is in on it.

Which is it..

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

One thing is for sure someone is lying..

So is it Gowdy and oodles of trump appointees lying now or was it the gop lying earlier when they told peope it was a conspiracy in the first place???

Why isn’t a DOJ and FBI under the supervision of nothing but trump appointees doing anythibg???

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Nom ..nom..nom...

Yup. Nothingburger alright.

What happened to Tick Tock?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

There are 2 options.

One, Washington is not a cesspool a corruption.

Two, Washington is a cesspool of corruption.

*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are 2 options.

*shrugs*

Cesspool is putting it lightly. It's more like the sewers from the country as a whole are drained into dc, left stagnant and untreated, and then every piece of maggot infested garbage piled on top, allowing to soak and fester in liquid VD. Cesspool works too, I guess.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Advice for you, ShawManFromNY.

On ATS, try to refrain from using a "?" in your thread title. Looks funky and confusing on the front page. Best to make titles as declarative statements.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Trump doesn't care and never did, it was the spectacle, he knew who to target and what to say, Trump cared about his image and becoming president, apart from that it is the same neo-conservative swamp as always, same system different figurehead, except this time he ran on a false populism platform and people bought into it and idolised it

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Trey Gowdy also said that several items in this 2nd installment of the overall I.G. report, hint at what's coming in the 3rd installment. That one deals with SPYGATE / FISA Abuse.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Will do..thanks for the heads up

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Omg, trey gowdy has been bought and paid for too? I was in the guy's corner thinking he was like a pit bull with hockey stick and turns out he's a limp noodle. Real shame.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Or he was lying in the first place when he pretended it was ever going to go anywhere..

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Or he was lying in the first place when he pretended it was ever going to go anywhere..

That's very possible, it is the government and he's a part of that huge dirty machine.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Why isn’t trumps doj doing anything??

Why would trumps DOJ be covering up for hillary???

Trump owns every branch of government and law enforcement..

So here are only 2 options..

He is covering for her or he is in on it.

Which is it..
Can you admit that things have been shady in the intelligence community(which you should have known based on history going back to the 1950's)? You have been one of the ones blindly defending them and the Clintons, from my perspective.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

There are 2 options.

*shrugs*
Regardless of this report, def it's number 2.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

BWAHAHAHA and guess who leads Washington and every branch of the legislator??? Your boy Donald trump..

But more importantly, Washington is not one entity..

Just like the media isn’t one entity..

Just like the left isn’t one entity..

I know it is easy to use that childish propaganda on some, but not everyone lol.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes. It's a nothing burger.

The IG report was supposed to be an explosive release that exposed the corruption and bias of the FBI/Obama admin, but did not show what many people claimed or hoped it would and it's time to pack up your #, disband the circle of wagons and head back to nutterville.

Gowdy has been feeding you guys full of hope and bull# for years now and you still haven't learned. In fact, the Republicans have been lying to their people and their claims failing for a while now, yet you still support them and hope they finally come through for once.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

So I guess your going with the verbage that sounds “concerning” so it sounds like your making a negative claim. Without actually making a negative claim.. exactly like the IG report.. lol

Trump decided to be a fire brand of contraversy as his political strategy.. of course everyone was going to have an opinion..

Shady is if evidence was fabricated or something else illegal..

Well the Trump IG just said NOTHING ILLEGAL HAPPENED..

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Lol...

And they never assume the conspiracy theory they were peddled was a fabrication in the first place.. sadly they just assume more of their own must be in on it. Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join