It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Long and Annoying Death Throes of Political Correctness

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
over the top political correctness may be digging it's own grave. i hope so. it deserves to be buried.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

That is false. Most people do believe in free speech.

Yes people often pay it lip service, but I doubt they know what it entails. You just said it applies only to the government, for instance.

If you want to see who believes in free speech, watch who will defend the rights of Nazis to march and spread their hatred.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Roseanne represents ABC. Don't you think maybe the show will tank because of her tweet? It was a financal decision. They cut their loss and moved on.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That is false. Most people do believe in free speech.

Yes people often pay it lip service, but I doubt they know what it entails. You just said it applies only to the government, for instance.

If you want to see who believes in free speech, watch who will defend the rights of Nazis to march and spread their hatred.

I was talking about First Amendment. It protects your speech from government interference. It doesn't protect you from getting fired or from consequences.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I am not aware of anyone who is against the Nazi march. Maybe Antifa? But they're made for each other.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I was talking about First Amendment. It protects your speech from government interference. It doesn't protect you from getting fired or from consequences.

The first amendment enshrines free speech, but it is not the same as free speech. And I disagree that there are any "consequences". Getting fired is the choice and consequence of the laws, rules, and choices of the employer, not the speech.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Another great example of virtue signaling. Good job Les, you're getting very good at this.

Yes I would like to post any opinions I have on social media without worrying about my job. I find it appalling that our legal system allows corporations to exercise any control whatsoever over my freedom of speech. As long as I do my job they can shove their PC BS and leave my 1st amendment rights alone.

Kinda funny how that works... I'm an Aussie and am not even covered by the all superior 'first amendment' in the US constitution.

But yet, if my employer attempted to fire me for something I posted on the internet, then they'd be facing a huge fine and be forced to pay me (up to) 33 weeks in lost wages.

Yet in the US, the employer doesn't even need a reason to fire you... So their not even obligated to justify it with a reason, which might be considered 'unconstitutional'.

Kinda makes you think, doesn't it?

Maybe the US constitution is completely outdated in our modern day society and doesn't actually protect 'freedom of speech' at all.

IDK, I'm just thinking out loud here... But maybe you Americans have put all your eggs into an obsolete basket... When it comes to civil rights.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I hope PC/SJW isn't dying yet. As evidenced by some of the replies in this thread, we are not even close to learning the lesson of censorship or policing people's thoughts yet.

It did seem like sanity was overtaking this forum for a while. But it appears they were just getting their second wind before approaching again the enforcement of 'good' thoughts and policing others to their own moralistic standards.

We will not win by defeating them. We will win by neutralizing them. We will take their badges of scorn and wear them with pride. We will easily recognize these SJWs by their shaming language and secretly laugh among ourselves, allowing these clowns to continue their moronic tirades.

We don't need to win against the PC/SJWs. We need to use them as an example. We need for them to continue which will awake others. Then at some point, we will simply point and laugh.

It is coming, but not quite yet I hope. There is still a lot of comedy to beheld from these wonderful social just warriors. Man, if we just think good, clean thoughts, all of the evil will suddenly disappear from the world. That is the only rational conclusion I can draw from their actions. Just simple stupidity on how this reality works.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Yes, you're right, we won't win by defeating them. Truth be told, it isn't about winning anyways. I would much rather have them join the side of justice than to carry on against it, and the sooner the better. But a fully agree on the laughing and pointing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This thread is now closed pending a staff review.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join