It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Long and Annoying Death Throes of Political Correctness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

If being offended is a 'great injustice' and you're offended that people get offended....

I just don't know what to type in response to something like that.

You can start by laying off the straw men. Censorship is the injustice I am speaking of.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

As to the Access Hollywood tapes, I'll just quote Eminem on his song 'Heat'...

about the only thing i agree on with Donald is that

Seriously though, people obviously take life way to seriously... but, so what? It just sounds like a them problem to me.

You can either drag yourself down to their level and get yourself all worked up over them being offended about total nonsense... Or you can have a little fun with it.

Just strike first, then ignore the replies... That's my motto.

That’s a fair take. For my part, I see it as an injustice and will fight it tooth and nail.

LOL. Now you're being a SJW like the rest of them.

I don't believe in the canard of social justice. I believe in justice. You can call me a justice warrior if you so please.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

You mean like Trump sycophants do?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Another great example of virtue signaling. Good job Les, you're getting very good at this.

Another great example of a post that adds nothing to the discussion.

You used to add content to the site, what happened?

PC is a big problem in this nation.

And for anyone concerned. Yes I would like to post any opinions I have on social media without worrying about my job. I find it appalling that our legal system allows corporations to exercise any control whatsoever over my freedom of speech. As long as I do my job they can shove their PC BS and leave my 1st amendment rights alone.

edit on 14-6-2018 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevenjames15

No, I mean activists. You know, the ones who like to take part in camp little marches, with camp little chants, kind of like the Nazis of old?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   

No, I mean activists. You know, the ones who like to take part in camp little marches, with camp little chants, kind of like the Nazis of old?
Or activists like me who criminally damaged Monsanto's crops, got aressted multiple times, got official cautions, then eventually court and a lame fine of 200 quid?
The government didn't want GM crops and didn't crack down on us as they could have easily.
I may start a thread, sorry for going off topic

link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

I've never been censored outside of places like ATS where I have clearly violated the TOS I agreed to.
My thought's have never been policed by anyone.

You haven’t lived. It is likely you have no sense of justice. I haven’t been raped, but that doesn’t mean I am not offended when someone is.

Oh, I haven't lived?

Tell me, which activity should I partake in to experience this censorship? Shall I proceed to post stupid # on the internet with a picture of my face right next to it?

I've never been raped either, nor do I use those that have to further my point....

If being offended is a 'great injustice' and you're offended that people get offended....

Who gets to decide what stupid is? The freedom of speech is there to protect even the stupid. But I am not about to let you or anyone else define what stupid is for me.

You have never been censored so it's not a problem for you. Eventually they will be at your door and you will be called stupid. Wake up? Or not? I'm not here to defend your rights but my own.

link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

Or activists like me who criminally damaged Monsanto's crops, got aressted multiple times, got official cautions, then eventually court and a lame fine of 200 quid?
The government didn't want GM crops and didn't crack down on us as they could have easily.
I may start a thread, sorry for going off topic

Camp little criminals. Admittedly it does have a good ring to it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Freedom of speech only applies to the government. You are not free from consequences. If you are going to say something that is potentially damaging to the company's image, don't be so shocked when you get fired.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Freedom of speech only applies to the government. You are not free from consequences. If you are going to say something that is potentially damaging to the company's image, don't be so shocked when you get fired.

That is fundamentally false. Freedom speech is a principle and a human right. In other words, it applies to human beings. You either believe in it or you don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Freedom of speech applies to everyone, which is currently why an employer has a right to fire someone who says something that their employer might disagree with.

I am appalled by this and rightfully so. Anyone with forethought should understand my concern. The problem with allowing this type of censorship is where do you draw the line?

No one should assume that the company I work for shares my views. And my employer should only be judging me on my quality of work while I am at work.

Eventually you will live in 1984/China where the corporations own everything and you will either follow their PC rules or end up with nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That is fundamentally false. Freedom speech is a principle and a human right. In other words, it applies to human beings. You either believe in it or you don't.

So you think we can say anything we want in workplace without getting fired?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You would have to give me examples of people getting fired over comments that have nothing to do with the company or reflecting the company in a negative image on social media.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You can start by laying off the straw men. Censorship is the injustice I am speaking of.

And twice now you've managed to avoid telling me where I can go or what I can do to experience censorship in the United States.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Only if they worked for me. Most people do not believe in free speech, and will fire their employees for something they said.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You would have to give me examples of people getting fired over comments that have nothing to do with the company or reflecting the company in a negative image on social media.

Roseanne Barr and the 200 people, not named Roseanne, that didn't share her opinions, that worked on the show and got screwed by ABCs PC BS.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And twice now you've managed to avoid telling me where I can go or what I can do to experience censorship in the United States.

Try speaking about drugs or sex on ATS.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Roseanne Barr. See reply above.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Tim Hunt is the one that got me. But this one might better illustrate the absurdity:

UNC Student Gets DJ Fired for Playing 'Blurred Lines,' Because Rape Culture

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   

a reply to: RowanBean

Only if they worked for me. Most people do not believe in free speech, and will fire their employees for something they said.

That is false. Most people do believe in free speech.
I guess you're ok with your workers telling people how bad your company is and to avoid it? I guess you don't care about losing your business. At least you're consistent in your principles. That's one thing I admire about you.

<< 1    3 >>

join