It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OIG Report Released: Full text

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here's what the report states about the Clinton investigation directly:

pp vii - viii
The Midyear team concluded that such proof was lacking. We found that this interpretation of Section 793(f)(1) was consistent with the Department’s historical approach in prior cases under different leadership, including in the 2008 decision not to prosecute former Attorney General Alberto Gonzales for mishandling classified documents. We analyzed the Department’s declination decision according to the same analytical standard that we applied to other decisions made during the investigation.

We did not substitute the OIG’s judgment for the judgments made by the Department, but rather sought to determine whether the decision was based on improper considerations, including political bias. We found no evidence that the conclusions by the prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations; rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors’ assessment of the facts, the law, and past Department practice. We therefore concluded that these were legal and policy judgments involving core prosecutorial discretion that were for the Department to make.

Stop trying to relitigate something that never happened. Comey was right; no one is going to go after Clinton for the emails. Just like no one went after Gonzales, or Bush, or Cheney, etc. etc.

edit on 14-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

LOL ... that's a good one.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The entire report is about Clinton, and the FBI misconduct.

You try and reduce it down to two paragraphs?

How about these crackers?

While his wife was taking money from Clinton operative Gov. Terry McAuliffe, and while the FBI was investigating McAuliffe for taking foreign cash from a major Clinton Foundation donor, Andrew McCabe told WFO SAC: "Please do not open a case" on the Clinton Foundation.

Around the same time DOJ Official Kadzik briefed Yates and Lynch on the Clinton email investigation in 2015, he sought a job with Hillary Clinton campaign for his son in 2015

twitter.com...

www.talkmedianews.com...

LOL, boy the creek under the bridge is crowded today eh?

Lots of spin posts today following the msm shills for Hillary.

edit on 14-6-2018 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Those crackers are from opinion pieces ... not the IG report.

You know, the document I'm quoting from?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Gryphon66

LOL, boy the creek under the bridge is crowded today eh?

Lots of spin posts today following the msm shills for Hillary.

I will admit that some of your posts indeed seem ignorant of the facts and are tending toward political spin ...

... like the desperate attempt to make this about Hillary Clinton.

Physician, heal thyself.
edit on 14-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The report is Damning for Comey and Lynch.

Wait till people actually read it.

🎃🤷

No so much.

I taste nothing burger.

What happened to tick tock?

Is it under a bridge?

(post by EnoandToyvo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: uninspired

Their texts about trump had no bearing on the case.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: face23785

I actually agree that Clinton clearly mishandled classified information, that she knew that at least some of the communications constituted mishandling of classified information and of course, that she lied about it.

We also know now that Powell did similar. I wonder what's going on with the new administration? Donald Trump is using an insecure personal phone. Kushner and others are known to use encrypted apps which could violate record keeping regs. It's strongly suspected that John Kelly's phone was hacked and there was a DHS report last year that found evidence of IMSI catchers in multiple DC locations, including near the White House.

Got any proof that Powell did similar?

Other than the emails that were retro actively classified after being in the government archives, available to the public for years? Those emails?

Yes, Powell did do something similar, he has admitted as much - but it wasn't as bad as it is now - Remember the internet and hacking has progressed tremendously since his time.

I think he should be locked up too. This is no joking matter. Having our secretary of States just treating classified info like it is no big deal is not something that should be excused.

People on here excusing this behavior because the person who did it is on their team are actually anti American. If the divide is so deep you want to root for criminals something is wrong with you.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: proximo

They are not reopening the Clinton case.

Yeah go ahead and gloat she is somehow managing to get off again.

You are proud she can break the law repeatedly and get away with it. Says a lot about your character.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

Why?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I know. Weird.
Guess he doesn't have an account here.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: uninspired

Their texts about trump had no bearing on the case.

BS. Bias affects everything - you are living proof of it - your bias keeps you from thinking coherently.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I'll take a reading Anti.
Seriously you were on top of this.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

What effect does your bias have on you?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

In undertaking our analysis, our task was made significantly more difficult because of text and instant messages exchanged on FBI devices and systems by five FBI employees involved in the Midyear investigation. These messages reflected political opinions in support of former Secretary Clinton and against her then political opponent, Donald Trump. Some of these text messages and instant messages mixed political commentary with discussions about the Midyear investigation, and raised concerns that political bias may have impacted investigative decisions.

In particular, we were concerned about text messages
exchanged by FBI Deputy Assistant Director Peter
Strzok and Lisa Page, Special Counsel to the Deputy
Director, that potentially indicated or created the
appearance that investigative decisions were impacted
by bias or improper considerations.

Page 4.

There was clearly bias in this investigation.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Keep reading.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Paraphrasing Chuck Schumer this afternoon:

Anyone with a clear mind who sees this report, realizes that the FBI tried to Help Trump, while hurting Hillary.

Clear mind?

Didn't he say something nutty the other day about a cowboy riding an empty hat?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I quoted directly from the report earlier in the thread where they outlined where procedures weren't followed and bias was found

The report doesn't say that. It says the exact opposite of that.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Sorry I'll type slower.
T.h e y... A.r.e...I.n.v.e.s.t.i.g.a.t.i.n.g...b.o.t.h....
Better?
edit on 6142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join