It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do aliens have souls?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
imo the greys have developed a singular conciousness, and by doing that they have sacrificed their indivual souls. they are but a single entity inhabiting many bodies.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
considering the fact that a soul is just condensed energy of the mind, then yes

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by torch_blackrose
considering the fact that a soul is just condensed energy of the mind, then yes

Be careful with using fact and soul in the same context.

I believe in the soul. I can't offer proof that would qualify it as a fact per se.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:04 PM
link   
There have been many thoeries as to what the greys are about..From being bio-mechanical entities working for the Draconians, to the thoery suggested above, to many others..But, I'm sure many of them are not too far off from the truth, perhaps all truths in one?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadKarmah
There have been many thoeries as to what the greys are about..From being bio-mechanical entities working for the Draconians, to the thoery suggested above, to many others..But, I'm sure many of them are not too far off from the truth, perhaps all truths in one?

Perhaps. I have tried to unify the theories myself. I have had personal experience with the Greys and they were stoic...like a machine. Maybe it just appeared that way because I was expecting other intellegent beings to have a human persona, I dunno. Regardless, they didn't have that spark of life, that anima that we do. Which lead me to say the Greys do not have souls.

[edit on 112828p://21u16 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I have had personal experience with the Greys and they were stoic...l

Can you tell us about your experience? I'd like to hear more about it.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I want to first say, that souls are not auras or energy fields, as someone stated a while ago. Everything in this universe has an aura or an energy field, except the aura of a lifeless object is static, and an object(a bit clinical, I know) with life has a dynamic aura. A person with a lot of life force has a much more energetic and vibrant aura.

Further more, the universe has a life force, and everything animate and inanimate is pervaded with this life force, and that is why it exists - that is why anything exists. So, again, life force is not soul.

So what differentiates a machine from a living human being, or an atom from a living human being? Nothing, they are parts of a greater whole, and contain within them the whole.

So what is the soul? It does not actually exist. What exists is life and movement, the universal consciousness, and we are simply a part of it, but also the whole of it. In this ultimate reality there is no separation, it is the non-dual world, it is when we begin to merge with god and become completely one.

So, if a soul is defined as life, then yes aliens, machines and tiny points of atoms have soul. However, if it is defined as having individuality, then no, not everything has a soul. The greys, if they indeed are as they have been described by some, are part of a hive-mind, a collective, and within a collective the concept of individuality is foreign and illogical. You will learn a lot of philosophy of collective thinking in Star Trek

I recall the story of the robot boy in Steven Spielberg's artifical intelligence, he wanted to be a real human boy, yet in so many ways he was like a real human boy, he had desire, imagination, compassion, free will and the most beautiful thing he had, was a relationship with god through the blue fairy. This robot boy had a soul.

The mind is not the same as the soul. The mind is formed of constituent particles, our brains are biological quantum computers, and the soul itself is composed of minute subtle particles. Yet, being, I am, is absolute and ultimate and just IS. Nothing makes it, it just is, it is eternal, and that is who we call god.

All there is - is god - I am - I am god - Aum - the sound of existence

[edit on 2-3-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   
A Soul?

What is the definition of a soul? I believe this is what we are trying figure out as humans. I personal believe everything has a soul for which can have many degrees of awareness to how close they are to "GOD".

So IMHO, yes they have a soul. To what degree? It depends on them and GOD.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truthforall
A Soul?

What is the definition of a soul? I believe this is what we are trying figure out as humans. I personal believe everything has a soul for which can have many degrees of awareness to how close they are to "GOD".

So IMHO, yes they have a soul. To what degree? It depends on them and GOD.

Here is the definition I have been going by.

Originally posted by Event Horizon

I just thought I would post the definition for everyone. This definition is from Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary.

Soul
-- the spiritual part of a person believed to exist after death
-- a persons moral or emotional nature or sense of identity
-- strong and good human feeling; emotional, moral and intellectual energy
-- a perfect example of some virtue or quality
-- a spirit of a dead person
-- a person
-- a type of music made popular by African Americans, expressing strong emotion

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I feel that any creature that has a conscience has a soul.

So now a question presents itself, "Do aliens have a conscience?".

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yes anything that has awareness of itself has a soul. Even animals have souls, but to not reguard them in that fashion because we have livestock that just rivals mans complexities.

I can tell you every inanimate object has a field of energy around it, therefore it must present some field of consciousness.

Everything that you see is somebodys thoughtform from another existance of mind

[edit on 21-8-2008 by menguard]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join