It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Clearly you did not read my post.

edit on 16-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DieGloke
a reply to: introvert

Clearly you did not read my post.

I did. Claiming the opposite is not a valid rebuttal.

What you are doing is providing anecdotal stories to justify your generalizing of people, specifically "libtards", in order to show that TDS is somehow a real issue.

It's not. It's a convenient term used to bash people over the head with in order to shut down any reasonable discussion about the issues. My experience has been that it is thrown around by Trump supporters that have no other valid response to reasonable criticisms of the president and try to lump them in with the crazies, such as you described.
edit on 16-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No its not.

Its just a term chucked about by Trump supporters for some strange reason, it is not recognised by anyone (other than the most enthusiastic of trump supporters) as having any actual meaning.

I think of it a little bit like calling someone a Shill, its the default to jump to when you run out of decent counter arguments just start shouting Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Its silly and I think we should all try to raise above such stupidity.

Nope. Totally far from it. I work within the TDS. I'm in a sea of TDS. Sorry if you're insulated from the rest of society but it's real. Every single day I have to hear about Russian collusion, how I'm a white supremacist for supporting the NRA, how Trump is going to destroy the planet... You don't want to believe it, but I see it every damn day. And I keep my mouth shut for fear of upsetting the herd and making them think outside of their tiny bubble world view.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No its not.

Its just a term chucked about by Trump supporters for some strange reason, it is not recognised by anyone (other than the most enthusiastic of trump supporters) as having any actual meaning.

I think of it a little bit like calling someone a Shill, its the default to jump to when you run out of decent counter arguments just start shouting Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Its silly and I think we should all try to raise above such stupidity.

Nope. Totally far from it. I work within the TDS. I'm in a sea of TDS. Sorry if you're insulated from the rest of society but it's real. Every single day I have to hear about Russian collusion, how I'm a white supremacist for supporting the NRA, how Trump is going to destroy the planet... You don't want to believe it, but I see it every damn day. And I keep my mouth shut for fear of upsetting the herd and making them think outside of their tiny bubble world view.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Trump Derangement Syndrome ... cute.

Yeah, admittedly there are a lot of Americans that don't like Trump.

Just like there were a lot of Americans that don't like Clinton (either of them.)

Or Sanders, or Stein, or Johnson, or Bush ... etc. etc.

The thing that really interests me in all this is the ABSOLUTE division between the two sides.

Trump Zealots are certain everything he does is absolutely magnificent, and the so-called TDSers think he's an unmittigated dumb ass that is destroying America.

Surely, some of you Trump supporters look at your bitter enemies on the other side and think: "I know that he/she is an intelligent person, well-studied, etc. ... how can they be sooo wrong?

I know that because it happens the same way on the other "side" and in the middle looking both ways.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome. How about Game of Thrones? If you don't care for it you have GoTDS.

Yay, parroting media created buzzwords/phrases is fun! Maybe mine will catch on in the media, then and ONLY then will ATS start using them because we're a bunch of sheep going where we're told by the media.

Except I don't remember ANYONE publicily saying they'd poison Obama, or Clinton. Do you?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree with you (surprisingly). The more this presidency goes on, the more towards the center I return. And the more I see the extremes as being out of touch.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

I agree with you (surprisingly). The more this presidency goes on, the more towards the center I return. And the more I see the extremes as being out of touch.

Don't feel rained on friend. Think of it in terms of simple probability or the Bell Curve ... there's a helluva lot more chance to be correct in the middle than on either of the Craphouse Crazy extremes.

Why would you be surprised at agreeing with me? LOL.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

So I see you just joined ATS. Yeah, no. 2018 tells me everything. So, I return it back to you. Cool story girlie.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Because we are more diametricly opposed on most issues. No ill will to you in any sense. I feel like we could share a beer together, find common ground, and agree to disagree. But disagree we will.

Cheers gryph.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:21 PM
link   

So I see you just joined ATS. Yeah, no. 2018 tells me everything. So, I return it back to you. Cool story girlie.

I wasn't born this year. And nobody said I wasn't lurking.
Anyway I can equally claim that every time I go out there I experience ODS and HDS just like you experience TDS everyday.
Your claim is way too silly I had to laugh.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Because we are more diametricly opposed on most issues. No ill will to you in any sense. I feel like we could share a beer together, find common ground, and agree to disagree. But disagree we will.

Cheers gryph.

Yeah, about that diametrically opposed thing ... ever wonder why?

I can't have a beer, but I can have coffee. Anytime.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Kombucha then?

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I remember when I worked for the government during GWB admin someone had this up in the workplace:

Is this an example of BDS? And no it doesn't stand for Bowel Draining Syndrome.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I don't remember any statues of Obama being portrayed as a monkey or some other stereotypical racist portrayal. Or a Hillary statue of her shooting Seth Rich in the back of the head, or her berating any of the many women ole Bill stuck his cigar... Well, you know the rest. I DO remember the Obama Hitler posters the Tea party loonies carried around. But I don't remember ANY celebrity ever threatening to move to Canada if Obama was elected. Or any celebrity making ANY disparaging comments about Hillary or Obama. Clint's chair incident was actually laughed at by the media.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

Google image "Obama monkey".

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
I remember when I worked for the government during GWB admin someone had this up in the workplace:

Now THAT was funny! Now imagine if Jimmy Kimmel did that with Obama.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Now THAT was funny! Now imagine if Jimmy Kimmel did that with Obama.

They would go apes#. No pun intended I promise!

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:36 PM
link   

a reply to: rollanotherone

Google image "Obama monkey".

Point is, none of that was mainstream. You had to search for that kind of content. Meanwhile, Kathy Griffen's severed head was and is mainstream.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Agreed. Trump supporters have become creepily deranged in their own "TDS". They have totally gone outer limits, tossed out (and sold out) so many ideals that the right used to hold dear and can't at all see Trump for who and what he actually is. They have gone to a place where they are defending actions I would never have dreamed anyone would support. Constantly cheering on traitorous division and anger. Neck deep in the fawning Trump-related drool. It's painful to watch. These situations never end well.

TDS is real, but not in the way you propose.
Division? DIVISION??? You mean like the former administration supporting radical groups like the New Black Panthers or weaponizong govt agencies to target political opponents? Like that kind of division? Like calling half the voting public Deplorables ? That kind of division ?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join