It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I got a random call from my ex GF today. It always comes back to politics.

She insists I "read real newspapers", "stop listening to fake news" etc. No big deal, I want to help her out, and KNOW she won't be getting help else where.

Just to say, the level of denial is astounding. She's in Boston, pretty much seeped in it.

After getting some non-answers to basic questions, like criminal illegal aliens, where should they go after release, it was clear she could not make the right choice. Finally, I told her not to be on the wrong side of history. I don't feel like going into it more right now, but some people are really out of their minds.

Post-election, I can pretty much live with whatever the outcome, but these people are unglued. I don't understand why their motivations are so strong. It's partly cognitive dissonance, yeah, but also very poor rationalizing skills and unwillingness to re-evaluate based on new info.

It really is a wave of mental illness, I feel sorry for the innocent ones. A lot of these "believers" are the types who cannot cope with any contrary opinions. They are authoritarian types, teachers, political hacks and low-functioning media wanna bees.

Betacucks are the worst. My god, they say "raise your son to be a feminist". That makes no sense, a guy can be a perfectly good person without inverting their priorities, they should care about themselves first.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
Oh, its REAL.

We see examples of it daily, here on these very boards.

I get it kick out of it when I go travel into leftist side of Twitter, creepy as hell

Wait what, there is a leftist side of twitter, please do elaborate?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
a reply to: face23785

You want to talk about mental illness? How about people who keep talking about Hillary as if she's somehow relevant? I guarantee you they wlll even stlll talk for years after her death. Every time Trump gets criticized for his behavior or policy, Trump supporters always deflect to Hillary.

Not aboot hillary it’s aboot the rule of law.

And equal justice, she just happens to be the poster child for inequality.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: network dude

So you're calling me stupid? I can't help that I actually have the critical awareness in order to judge the president on his behavior and actions. I've given Trump credit before, that doesn't mean I'm never going to criticize him for something he says or does though.

I personally think it's pretty stupid to see other people as "less" than myself for simply having a different opinion about one single person.

if that's what you got from my post, then indeed, the label is fitting and no more explanation is necessary.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I actually think the term 'TDS' is something else, and it's been brewing for quite a while actually. I don't think it's so much about Trump as it is about the liberal left in general. Trump just happens to be the manifestation of it. He's a good excuse to pull out all the stops and show their real colors.

The democratic party, over the past couple decades, has been pandering to a progressively lower standard of voter, a more extreme and less stable population to garner votes. They call it 'equality', but in reality it completely ignores the more stable majority (of the democratic party) in favor of the extreme fringes of society and certainly the minority (not in a racial sense either). Where the democratic left screams 'equality' there is only division. To include the extremes of society they have to distinguish them from normal sane people and by doing so they drive a 'wedge', they create a division. Do this enough times, with different walks of life, and you splinter your entire party...which is exactly what we're seeing. Oh sure, they're united in their hatred of Trump, but that's the only thing they're united on.

Need an example? Just look at the Occupy Wall Street movement, it's a classic example (and ironically it happened under the Obama administration, not Trump, but that's another thread). Hundreds of thousands of people in countless cities protesting, but ask any ten of them what they were protesting and you'd get 10 different answers. There was no unified message, no one goal. They should have just called it the...I'm Pissed Off About Something and I'm Gonna Protest...Movement. Had you looked out across any one of those crowds (I did) you would have seen protest signs about all manner of perceived injustices, no central theme, just a collection of pissed off people for a thousand different reasons. It might as well have been the Democratic National Convention, because that's exactly who the democratic party pandered to for votes. "Come one, come all...whatever your issue is we welcome you and support your cause!"

That and so many other examples illustrate the pure desperation of the democrats to get votes. However, by using this tactic they alienated an ever growing element of their membership which historically had been their core strength, the labor unions among others. Shunned and ignored, the 'blue collar' voter shifted to the right. This, in favor of sky screamers and pussy hats, a element of society so rabid they would rather burn their house down and live in the street over paying rent to some perceived 'tyrant'. They wanted free everything, free housing, free education, free healthcare, free food...and they didn't want to work. And the liberal left democrats welcomed all these fanatics with open arms.

So no, I don't see 'TDS' as a new thing really. What I see it as is a manifestation of something which has been brewing and distilling for a long time. It's a disease really, perhaps a mental one, but a disease none the less, and it's only going to get worse until people recognize it as such and treat it accordingly.

That's my .02
edit on 6/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You can’t call people shills, trolls, sheep, etc (or at least it’s a rule that’s supposed to be enforced, I’ve been hit for it in the past) but referring to things as Trump Derangement Syndrome is fine?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
O god talk about TDS!

I am on this one predominately liberal forum.

Not defending trump, just posting facts.

And like throwing a single banana to a bunch of monkeys!

They are all up in arms I DARE post facts and disturb there liberal circle jerk, I even have one libtard threatening to slit his wrists cause I showed that the child detention centers where set up under Obama!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

Anyone want a good website to troll liberals on me

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

See. Framing pointing out problems in Trump's diplomacy has to be spun like we want the talks to fail. This is cult behavior.

I just noticed this. Note the dishonesty. The OP wasn't about people pointing out problems in Trump's diplomacy. The OP was literally about people who want the talks to fail. You're either incredibly dense or just blatantly lying. Let's stick to what's actually being talked about. Can you post without lying? You're almost as bad as silly.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I really can't argue with any of that. It's definitely a manifestation of something that's been brewing for a while. They just went into a crazy overdrive with Trump and now people are calling it out. Kind of like the whole #fakenews thing. People have known for years the media was biased, but they've taken it to such an extreme with Trump that it's reached a tipping point.

The best part is the hardcore leftists don't see any of this. They're so trapped in their echo chambers they actually think this stuff is working.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Trump Derangement Syndrome: An intellectually lazy argument used by people that can't seem to understand that not everyone likes their boy, the decisions he makes or his style of leadership.

Yet those that spit it ad nauseum don't want to understand those things and bark on about not getting over the election like a bunch of nutty loons thinking the world is coming to an end.

I find it to be projection. Nothing more.

There are some deranged people out there, but it's not who you think it is.
edit on 16-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump Derangement Syndrome: An intellectually lazy argument used by people that can't seem to understand that not everyone likes their boy, the decisions he makes or his style of leadership.

Yet those that spit it ad nauseum don't want to understand those things and bark on about not getting over the election like a bunch of nutty loons thinking the world is coming to an end.

Wanting the peace process with North Korea to fail so you don't have to give him credit (which is what the OP is about) goes a little beyond just not liking someone, his decisions, or his style. You know that.

Nothing is being projected there. That's plain #ing crazy.

What is it with you guys and not actually addressing what's in the OP? You pretend it's about something sane like hating Trump's economic policy. It's not. It's literally about wanting a peace process to fail which could potentially lead to nuclear war. Stop the dishonesty.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Wanting the peace process with North Korea to fail so you don't have to give him credit (which is what the OP is about) goes a little beyond just not liking someone, his decisions, or his style. You know that. Nothing is being projected there. That's plain #ing crazy.

And your source is a TV comedy show who's star is known for her extreme approach towards Trump. What do you expect?

Even you add that important caveat to your OP. So I'm not sure how you can make any claims about TDS when you yourself cast doubt on the veracity of the source and say it may not even be serious.

How's that for being dishonest?

What is it with you guys and not actually addressing what's in the OP? You pretend it's about something sane like hating Trump's economic policy. It's not. It's literally about wanting a peace process to fail which could potentially lead to nuclear war.

Your obvious dramatics aside, I did address the OP. Can you not read?

Stop the dishonesty.

Indeed. I specifically wrote a post about my opinion on TDS and you have the nerve to ask why "you guys" cannot address the topic of the OP.

That is some dishonest # right there.

Someone is deluded. That's for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This absolutely does not address the OP, for reasons I stated in my last post. Your "opinion" is based on this dishonest appraisal. The views being expressed are not simple disagreements with his personality, decisions, style etc.

Someone is indeed deluded if you think these type of insane views on Trump are confined to that talk show too. No matter how you spin it, anyone that wants the peace process with NK to fail is deranged.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This absolutely does not address the OP, for reasons I stated in my last post. Your "opinion" is based on this dishonest appraisal. The views being expressed are not simple disagreements with his personality, decisions, style etc.

Really? Have you talked to the people that took part in this "poll"?

If not, your entire argument is based on an ignorant assumption.

And it specifically addresses your OP. Was your OP not about TDS and how it applies to this case?

Someone is indeed deluded if you think these type of insane views on Trump are confined to that talk show too. No matter how you spin it, anyone that wants the peace process with NK to fail is deranged.

I said nothing of the sort. Where did I say these views were confined to the talk show?

See. More dishonesty.

You can't even present a logical argument without making # up.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

And SJW's are only a myth. Uh huh.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

And SJW's are only a myth. Uh huh.

No. That is incorrect. As you can see from the OP, there are many of you SJW's around.

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I don't actually like Trump.

But I don't have tds because I can at least put my dislike aside for a few issues he has done right by.

A person with TDS can't do that. There are literally people who want the economy to fail just to prove themselves right. They have TDS.

There are people who hate the peace talks with North Korea and the thought of Trump making any progress, they have TDS.
There are libitards I have seen that actually would rather have war. That's TDS.

Worst case of TDS I have seen on another site is someone wishes a North Korean nuke would fall on a republican voting state just so they can say I told you so......

He'll I did not even believe in TDS until last week and the North Korean summit, but the amount got stupid I have seen coming from liberals here and elsewhere has convinced me otherwise.

edit on 16-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2018 by DieGloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DieGloke

There's also people that believe there is a colony of Sasquatches on Saturn and holographic planes crashed in to the WTC.

Some people believe the oddest things, but you or anyone else does not get to paint entire groups of people with broad strokes due to the beliefs of a few, or the use of humor on TV.

You also do not get to lump reasonable criticisms of the president in with the crazies and call it TDS.

What's funny is that the OP mentioned getting over the election results, yet it seems to be the Trump supporters that talk about that more than I have ever seen a Leftist cry that they do not accept the election results.

TDS syndrome seems to be more of an issue with Trump supporters than the anti-Trumpers.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join