It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

That's cool. I kinda had them lumped in with my group. That's cool.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Y'all love your catch-phrases.
So as I stated in another thread...

Trump is a WINO (winning in name only).

Ummm...if President Trump is a WINO...(winning in name only)...does that make you a WHINO...(whining in name only)...?

Murphy the curious wants to know...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
No its not.

Its just a term chucked about by Trump supporters for some strange reason, it is not recognised by anyone (other than the most enthusiastic of trump supporters) as having any actual meaning.

I think of it a little bit like calling someone a Shill, its the default to jump to when you run out of decent counter arguments just start shouting Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Its silly and I think we should all try to raise above such stupidity.

When you have SOME liberal so caught up in hate they would rather see a war break out with North Korea than trump succeed in peace talks...... well they obviously have SOME psychological impairment.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: face23785

Ummm...that's seriously effed up...

Are the leftists purposely attempting to push people out of their ideology...cause it's working...

BTW I dropped Netflix two weeks ago...purely an economic decision of course...

YouSir

At this point if I were a Democrat I would think we were infiltrated by people trying to bring down the party, that's how absurd they've gotten.

The syndrome or what ever has seriously cost me friends in the last two years. If I didn’t know better, I would think they were under the influence of some drugs.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Believing in this shows that:

A. You have no idea what real mental illness even is.

B. You yourself are suffering from a type of delusion.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: japhrimu

Anyways, I didn’t used to think TDS was actually real, but I’m starting to... Otherwise logical people can’t deal with anything Trump says or does, or with his character or personality...

Oh, it is. Funnily enough, it's a two way street. Folks who think he can do no right, counter balanced by those who feel he can do no wrong.

Then there is the third group, of which I am a member...Don't like him, never will, yet I give credit where credit is due. I don't have to like the man to want him to do the job. Some things I've liked, some I've not...solid third group.

Ummm...fourth group...those that like him...or at least don't dislike him...those that actually understand why he uses the methodology he does and it's effectiveness...yet neither idolize him or think he deserves some pedestal...Those that approve of the very non-PC speak he uses...

This is pretty much where I fall in. I've known people like him. At first I couldn't understand them, but after a while you learn how to read between the lines of the hyperbolic rhetoric. A lot of people just don't get it. I voted for him for one reason, to keep Clinton out of office. She could've ran against a potted plant and I'd have voted for the plant. I've become a more vocal defender of him over time, just because of the sheer lunacy of a lot of his critics. And it's not that I don't think he does anything wrong. It's that he does enough legit wrong that I don't see the need for them to make # up, which they often do. ExVoto did a great thread here detailing a lot of the lies and half-truths about Trump

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Believing in this shows that:

A. You have no idea what real mental illness even is.

B. You yourself are suffering from a type of delusion.

A. I don't believe this is a real mental illness. In fact, I specifically said it's not one.

B. You yourself may be suffering from some type of delusion that has rendered you incapable of reading simple posts. You're seeing what you want to see instead of what people actually said. Read to comprehend.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You want to talk about mental illness? How about people who keep talking about Hillary as if she's somehow relevant? I guarantee you they wlll even stlll talk for years after her death. Every time Trump gets criticized for his behavior or policy, Trump supporters always deflect to Hillary.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean

You want to talk about mental illness? How about people who keep talking about Hillary as if she's somehow relevant? I guarantee you they wlll even stlll talk for years after her death. Every time Trump gets criticized for his behavior or policy, Trump supporters always deflect to Hillary.

The first person to bring up Hillary in this thread was certainly not a Trump supporter. See here. She has zero to do with this subject, but was brought up by someone who doesn't care for Trump. You also brought her up out of nowhere. Interesting how you yourself are guilty of doing what you're alleging others do. Hypocrite.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I'm guilty for talking about other type of mental illness that you have failed to mention? Wackos on each side suffer some form or mental illness. See I am not being an hypocrite for pointing that out.
BTW TDS is a made up term to attempt to silence the opposition and to attempt to embarrass them further, which is hilarious because they're embarrassing themselves.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You yourself may be suffering from some type of delusion that has rendered you incapable of reading simple posts.

I'm obviously speaking about people that do believe in this.
I understand your confusion , I should have replayed to the thread and not you personally.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Oh, its REAL.

We see examples of it daily, here on these very boards.

I get it kick out of it when I go travel into leftist side of Twitter, creepy as hell

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
Wackos on each side suffer some form or mental illness.

All democrats are insane, but not one of them knows it; none but the republicans and mugwumps know it. All the republicans are insane, but only the democrats and mugwumps can perceive it. -Mark Twain

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its for reals.

And so is Trump Bootlicking Syndrome.

Yin Yang foos.

Happens with every presidency. If "their" president lost, they bitch and moan and often accept chaos and destruction just to feel like they were right about the elected POTUS being a bad choice.

If their prez wins, gosh o golly the world is made of ice cream and everyone is wiping each others asses with smiles on their faces.

Fact: delusion IS a symptom of mental disorder and im pretty certain almost every one with their political dogma adhere firmly to their delusions.

Welcome to the circus.

edit on 6142018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

Delusion IS a symptom of mental disorder and im pretty certain almost everyone has it.

Turns out hyper-partisans are quite addicted to self-deception / self-delusion:

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

......Bahahahahahah

Dude THAT is priceless.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It’s got to be the “Great Rightwing Conspiracy”a reply to: face23785

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
It’s got to be the “Great Rightwing Conspiracy”a reply to: face23785

Nah. It's the Deeeeeeeeeeeep State conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: okrian
Agreed. Trump supporters have become creepily deranged in their own "TDS". They have totally gone outer limits, tossed out (and sold out) so many ideals that the right used to hold dear and can't at all see Trump for who and what he actually is. They have gone to a place where they are defending actions I would never have dreamed anyone would support. Constantly cheering on traitorous division and anger. Neck deep in the fawning Trump-related drool. It's painful to watch. These situations never end well.

TDS is real, but not in the way you propose.

What actions?

What has he done that is so bad?

Promoting division and anger? Um, no he has done no such thing he is trying to unite the country, it’s his haters that make crap up to divide. You know the media, that is who is dividing they are spitting out 90 percent negative made up garbage that a large portion of the population has chosen to believe.

This is what we are talking about he has done nothing remotely wrong yet you are somehow convinced he has. I think you have tds.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome. How about Game of Thrones? If you don't care for it you have GoTDS.

Yay, parroting media created buzzwords/phrases is fun! Maybe mine will catch on in the media, then and ONLY then will ATS start using them because we're a bunch of sheep going where we're told by the media.

Speaking as someone who dislikes obama quite a bit, no it is not remotely compareable.

Nobody was openly yelling f obama, showing his bloody head, death threating him hundreds of times, wishing for war or a depression to get rid of him. Wearing his campaign slogan did not get you beat up in certain places and nobody called you a nazi. The news was not spewing bs about a one night stand for months, and they sure as hell never put spies in his campaign and created a fiction story about Russia and submitted it to the fbi to frame him.

If you can’t understand that the hatred is 10 to 20 Times greater than you are just completely unaware of your surroundings.
edit on 14-6-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join