It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JosephKnecht
I absolutely love all the new mental conditions being discussed in this thread I'll contribute my own once I read all the way through!

Edit.

I read all the way through and can't think of any syndromes. Funny thread though .

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There are major areas of diagnosis of the observable results with bleed over such as with Bi-Polar versus PTSD versus Schizophrenia. Those distinctions tend to identify root causes such as events versus atypical brain chemistry/activity. But is by no means an exact science. Proper identification helps with proper treatment to resolve the issue. But there is a lot of bleed over of the behaviors exhibited in the three areas mentioned; loss of sleep/odd sleep patterns and erratic actions chief among them.

It is a very interesting field, and I had quite a few professionals try to bring me into it, which is how I know about it. But I decided it wasn’t a career for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: okrian

Ummm...I know you are...but what am I...?

YouSir

Hey just laying out the hypocrisy. And still slightly better than childish phrases like "Trump Derangement Syndrome". "TDS" merely a convenient way to blur what's below that high horse (whether or not that horse is real doesn't seem to matter).

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
By the way, it's. . .

Trump
Unhinged
Regressive
Derangement
Syndrome

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I absolutely love all the new mental conditions being discussed in this thread I'll contribute my own once I read all the way through!

Edit.

I read all the way through and can't think of any syndromes. Funny thread though .

You're suffering from mental FITNESS I see.
That's: Fails Inventing Then Naming Everything as Syndromes Syndrome.

I dunno, I guess. I'm struggling with it too.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It’s more pleasant (to me) to think it’s TDS, than it is to think of those people actually being filled with hate.
edit on 6/14/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Y'all love your catch-phrases.
So as I stated in another thread...

Trump is a WINO (winning in name only).

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have ONILTIO syndrome.
Oh no I left the iron on syndrome I always do it and nearly burn it all down.
We have all gotten one or two so let's not hate on syndromers.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Watch the TDS increase 10 fold after the whole IG report comes out.

Might as well be walking on the sun.
😁

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In fairness, 'TDS' goes in both directions. People on either extreme are losing their # over Trump and behaving ridiculously.

I'll agree with that. I also acknowledged there were people who lost their minds over Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. I've just never seen it to the point where people got so bad they'd rather see a nuclear war than see the president succeed. That's a new level of crazy to me. If you've got past examples of that kind of crazy, I'm open to being educated.

Prior to Trump, some on the Right were saying they'd start a civil war if Clinton got in... Personally, I won't give the edge to either extreme and I say 'extreme' to leave out the reasonable middle ground on either side. Both as bad as each other with the hysterics. It's all hyperbole and totally divisive. The extremist partisans would sooner see the world burn if it lasted long enough to say, "I told ya so!"

They don't care for consensus or value other opinions. Nah, 'TDS' is contagious and virulent between all extreme partisans.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: Krazysh0t

In fairness, 'TDS' goes in both directions. People on either extreme are losing their # over Trump and behaving ridiculously.

I'll agree with that. I also acknowledged there were people who lost their minds over Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. I've just never seen it to the point where people got so bad they'd rather see a nuclear war than see the president succeed. That's a new level of crazy to me. If you've got past examples of that kind of crazy, I'm open to being educated.

Prior to Trump, some on the Right were saying they'd start a civil war if Clinton got in... Personally, I won't give the edge to either extreme and I say 'extreme' to leave out the reasonable middle ground on either side. Both as bad as each other with the hysterics. It's all hyperbole and totally divisive. The extremist partisans would sooner see the world burn if it lasted long enough to say, "I told ya so!"

They don't care for consensus or value other opinions. Nah, 'TDS' is contagious and virulent between all extreme partisans.

That's pretty extreme. I'll concede that. I'd call it a lot of hot air though. I heard such reports when Obama got elected, and I think the most that happened was some drunk redneck drove his car into a statue somewhere. If these "right wing militias" that the media likes to claim exist had any kind of appreciable numbers and the slightest bit of balls, I'd think they'd have taken action when a black man was elected President. If nothing happened then, I doubt much would've happened if Hillary won.

On the other hand, when Trump won, there were riots with real casualties. The ante has clearly been upped when it comes to "we lost" temper tantrums.
edit on 14 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
TDS, while maybe being a two-way street, is NOT balanced.

Thinking it is is a symptom...
edit on 6/14/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

It's 'TDS' when a group of swastika-flag waving skinheads can't be called Nazis anymore. 'TDS' when things are looking good for the Koreas and people won't give credit to Trump. The Left has 'riots' if you swing Right and the Left has 'demonstrations' if you swing Left. If we agree with the politics we call them 'protesters.'

I'll give you this point though, people should calm down and stop seeing everyone who disagrees as mortal enemies.

...it'd be dull though.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

So starred

And proud to know ya

edit on 14-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Actually politics itself falls under a very specialized area of psychology dealing with Game Theory. Politics, advertising, acting, con artistry, etc. all fall under that umbrella dealing with selling an idea or product to the public. All about the promoted product giving a positive emotional outcome to the consumer.

In politics the message is offen distilled to a simple slogan that has been going on for years and entered the common language like ok did: MAGA, Hope and Change, The New Deal, Stay Cool with Coolidge, I Like Ike, Tippacanoe and Tyler too, O.K.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You know what’s funny? I went to bed the night of the election in 2016, fully expecting HRC to president elect the next day. Didn’t stop me from falling asleep, nor did it concern me at all because after four years of her disastrous presidency, she’d be gone. After all, when the only reason she was supposed to be elected was because...woman, she was destined for failure. Her stint as Secretary of State proved she was out of her league. And just like POTUS 44, the right would have just bode its time until 2020, minus the couple of hundred birther movement types.

Why can’t the left do that? Take back the Presidency in 2020 and quit whining two years after the 2016 election? Trump Derangement Syndrome through and through 95% of the elements on the left/liberals, that’s why. I give the other 5% the respect for knowing what elections are for and how to be adult about losing an election.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

It's 'TDS' when a group of swastika-flag waving skinheads can't be called Nazis anymore. 'TDS' when things are looking good for the Koreas and people won't give credit to Trump. The Left has 'riots' if you swing Right and the Left has 'demonstrations' if you swing Left. If we agree with the politics we call them 'protesters.'

I'll give you this point though, people should calm down and stop seeing everyone who disagrees as mortal enemies.

...it'd be dull though.

Nobody is saying you can't call Nazis Nazis. You made that up. The term has been badly misappropriated in recent years though, you must admit that. There are very few real Nazis.

Riots are riots. We saw riots after Trump got elected, pretending that didn't happen is just fairy tale land. A protest is when you go out in public and yell and carry signs, don't disrupt traffic, don't assault anyone. When you start assaulting people, setting # on fire, damaging property, blocking streets, that's a riot. That's illegal. That's not protected by the First Amendment.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: okrian

Ummm...I know you are...but what am I...?

I was going to note it as the I'm-rubber-you're-glue defense, but you beat me to it.
edit on 14-6-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: japhrimu

Anyways, I didn’t used to think TDS was actually real, but I’m starting to... Otherwise logical people can’t deal with anything Trump says or does, or with his character or personality...

Oh, it is. Funnily enough, it's a two way street. Folks who think he can do no right, counter balanced by those who feel he can do no wrong.

Then there is the third group, of which I am a member...Don't like him, never will, yet I give credit where credit is due. I don't have to like the man to want him to do the job. Some things I've liked, some I've not...solid third group.

Ummm...fourth group...those that like him...or at least don't dislike him...those that actually understand why he uses the methodology he does and it's effectiveness...yet neither idolize him or think he deserves some pedestal...Those that approve of the very non-PC speak he uses...

Further...those that hold his feet to the fire when he goes off the reservation...much like I've done at times...especially during the Syria bombing/cruise missile escapade...

Yep...a solid fourth group...

IMHO...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Even if only half of them are serious, this is #ing scary.

It was clearly being delivered in a comedic context. If half of them were genuine then yes, that's a scary prospect. As was many things towards nuclear confrontation straight from Trump's lips when he was garnering support prior to election.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join