It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Actually I posited the other day that TDS went both ways just that the pro-Trump side wasn’t as pronounced as the anti-Trump. In either case it rule by emotion rather than logic which tends to put it on the Schizophrenia scale.

I don't believe that these 'mental illnesses' are actual things.

Instead, they are catch phrases and labels we apply to whole sets of behavioral and cognitive dysfunctions that are caused by a host of factors.

Many of these so called "diseases" have various traits that bleed into each other as well. It is a combination of poor educational factors and a failure to invest the time and thought into working things out and coming to rational conclusions. Those individuals suffering from the so called 'disease' are actually failing to cope or rationalize properly, and this can result in some very bizarre or irrational behavior/thought patterns.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyeddie68

All mass social groups / movements become cultish. Both in function, and in the cognitive frameworks within the individuals involved, their effects are indistinguishable.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Woe is me.*** Now that it's spelled out it's obvious.

I'm also excited at the possibility of North Korea becoming peaceful, I think it's a great thing Trump has done if it is in fact legitimate, but North Korea has promised to denuclearize before and gone back on their word so I personally won't be counting my chickens before they hatch. Whenever North Korea shows that they kept their word and show that they are willing to be a part of the global community then and only then will I give Trump the credit he would so rightly deserve.

link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: okrian

Ummm...I know you are...but what am I...?

YouSir

*inserts angry Jean Luc Picard meme*

"Who starred this #!"

link   

Damn. You need to pull that board out of your ass. I was joking around with you by calling you high. Man I didn't realize that being told you were high was such a HUGE insult that you had to cry about it in a completely different thread than the one it happened in.

PS: I didn't even mention Trump in that thread. Sounds like you are projecting onto me right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe McCarthyism wasn’t so much about the Red Scare of Communism as it was shutting down encroaching Progressivism. Which is why a certain political party fought it so hard.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

See. Framing pointing out problems in Trump's diplomacy has to be spun like we want the talks to fail. This is cult behavior.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm also excited at the possibility of North Korea becoming peaceful, I think it's a great thing Trump has done if it is in fact legitimate, but North Korea has promised to denuclearize before and gone back on their word so I personally won't be counting my chickens before they hatch. Whenever North Korea shows that they kept their word and show that they are willing to be a part of the global community then and only then will I give Trump the credit he would so rightly deserve.

I don't care if N Korea denuclearizes actually. I just want the US to stand down.
We aren't denuclearizing. Why not? Shouldn't we? Shouldn't Russia, the UK, France, China?

I think we should all denuclearize.
And we should all be friends and stop threatening each other.

N Korea has as much a VALID RIGHT to have nuclear weapons as anyone else does.
But do we, the USA, have a VALID RIGHT to have military in their peninsula and threaten them with utter destruction?

We are still being very unfair here.

link   
I absolutely love all the new mental conditions being discussed in this thread I'll contribute my own once I read all the way through!

link   

ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome. How about Game of Thrones? If you don't care for it you have GoTDS.

Yay, parroting media created buzzwords/phrases is fun! Maybe mine will catch on in the media, then and ONLY then will ATS start using them because we're a bunch of sheep going where we're told by the media.

I too suffer from TDS-but Turtle Diving syndrome is no laughing matter.

I applaud people who suffer from RAD-that's Random Acronym Disorder. SIYDM IWETC (that is acronym for 'So If You Don't Mind I Will End This Conversation.')

IS IWFY (I'm Sorry I wasn't Finished Yet) all these acronyms, pun headlines and the overuse of hashtags are all indicators of sloppy writing and sloppy journalism.
edit on 14-6-2018 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Let's just call it what it is, APPDS, Any Particular President Derangement Syndrome. Every single president has had his detractors, Trump is no different.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

But until then, # trump!

I invite you to look around at some of the posts from those who seem to have your political bend. I'll offer you a hint that, well, it's just not that way at all.

They are kind of blinded by a combination of stupid and stupid. (funny to watch, but sad when you think that they have to operate in our own committees)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Damn. You need to pull that board out of your ass. I was joking around with you by calling you high. Man I didn't realize that being told you were high was such a HUGE insult that you had to cry about it in a completely different thread than the one it happened in.

PS: I didn't even mention Trump in that thread. Sounds like you are projecting onto me right now.

I realize you were joking, but you were also implying that I am not providing a valid message because you think I'm drug-addled and confused, incapable of straight thinking. Which is an insult of my mental frame of mind regardless if you were joking or serious.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
No, dudlius

Trump got elected due to being correct saying China....was the problem with jobz

Not automation ....and now all see it the same.

The sucking sound Perot told us about came true in the decades since, the ones that lost the manufacturing jobs fell back on more crappy jobs....blew it all to hail here in the states, those workers saw it and voted in Trumpy.....change that ....senore Trumpy

The president's from Clinton onwards knew it would cost to the U S, but it was worse than expected

So Trump announced that truth about China....and the middle income workers knew he was correctamundo

It takes a decade or a little more to seeing the commodities back around.....the Fed is setting up a return to lower interest rates.....be ready....they raised it in June......just so they can drop em.

edit on 14-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well since you brought Trump into the discussion, I now DO think you are deranged as I never brought Trump into the discussion in the previous thread.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I completely agree with you MF, I don't personally care whether they denuclearize and in fact believe we all should denuclearize when you get down to it. America is the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons on innocent people so I find it ironic that we are acting like the harbingers of peace when it comes to nuclear weapons.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Actually I posited the other day that TDS went both ways just that the pro-Trump side wasn’t as pronounced as the anti-Trump. In either case it rule by emotion rather than logic which tends to put it on the Schizophrenia scale.

I don't believe that these 'mental illnesses' are actual things.

Instead, they are catch phrases and labels we apply to whole sets of behavioral and cognitive dysfunctions that are caused by a host of factors.

Which is exactly what I said in the OP. Some of these people just can't read.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In fairness, 'TDS' goes in both directions. People on either extreme are losing their # over Trump and behaving ridiculously.

I'll agree with that. I also acknowledged there were people who lost their minds over Obama, Bush, Clinton etc. I've just never seen it to the point where people got so bad they'd rather see a nuclear war than see the president succeed. That's a new level of crazy to me. If you've got past examples of that kind of crazy, I'm open to being educated.

link   
a reply to: network dude

So you're calling me stupid? I can't help that I actually have the critical awareness in order to judge the president on his behavior and actions. I've given Trump credit before, that doesn't mean I'm never going to criticize him for something he says or does though.

I personally think it's pretty stupid to see other people as "less" than myself for simply having a different opinion about one single person.

link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Maybe McCarthyism wasn’t so much about the Red Scare of Communism as it was shutting down encroaching Progressivism. Which is why a certain political party fought it so hard.

Progressivism is a disease that has infected all political parties and ideologies to a greater or lesser extent.

The problem is that a free society will always be susceptible to ideologies that aren't for freedom.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join