It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: face23785

More proof than ever that Trump is turning his support network into a cult. Being critical of his actions is now being likened to a mental illness...

I don't even have to mention Trump (because I don't see him as being pivotal per se), I just gotta say the world is getting better right now and you immediately insult me (rather than focus on the message I brought).

There just comes a point where you're going to have to stop thinking that the entire world and everything happening around you is based on how horrible Trump is.

I'm not a big Trump supporter, in fact I've voiced my displeasure with many things he's wanted to do in the last few years. I strongly disagreed.

But all that's meaningless to you isn't it? All that matters is that if I dare say ONE good thing that "MIGHT POSSIBLY" be attributable or related to Trump in any form or fashion than you will disagree by pure knee-jerk reaction.

You have no credibility if that's how your going to get up and live your life man.

My suggestion is to just let go of the past and stop thinking of everything in this black-and-white paradigm.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: japhrimu

The anti-Trump can’t meme.

It's a very important quality to have, I'm ashamed. How will I ever show my undying devotion and love to someone I've never met and whom doesn't know me in any way, shape or form?! The only way my idol will ever have a sliver of a fraction of a percent chance of ever even acknowledging me even for half a second is if I know how to meme! Woe is me!
edit on 6/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

More proof than ever that Trump is turning his support network into a cult. Being critical of his actions is now being likened to a mental illness...

No, wanting a peace process to fail, which could possibly lead to nuclear war that kills billions of people, so you don't have to give Trump credit is being likened to a mental illness. Why the bait and switch? Honesty, please.

Also, just my opinion, but I think this is more like a cult:

Schneiderman accusers warned against speaking out so as not to hurt the Democrat party
edit on 14 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   
TDS is definitely real. Just because there hasn't been an official diagnoses *yet*, doesn't mean that it can't manifest under the right conditions. Not only is the human mind & condition one of the most - if not the most - complex things in human history, we are only now beginning to scratch the surface. It's like trying to figure out the universe, good luck!

To be fair, not all people against Trump suffer from TDS. I understand there are legitimate reasons and concerns to be had, but if you believe Trump is an evil douche-bag without a good bone in his body, or the second coming of Hitler only here to destroy your precious life, and believe he needs to be removed from office by any means necessary...

Well...

And to be honest, if anyone can deny it's existence as an impossibility...

Well...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You got that acronym you’re searching for yet?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome. How about Game of Thrones? If you don't care for it you have GoTDS.

Yay, parroting media created buzzwords/phrases is fun! Maybe mine will catch on in the media, then and ONLY then will ATS start using them because we're a bunch of sheep going where we're told by the media.

for those who aren't quite sure what "whataboutism" really is, this post should help you along the way to understand things.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

That TBS normally stands for Turner Broadcasting System only adds more skewering to the ordeal.

Besides medicine cares not for corporatist titles.

link   

TAKS, Trump Ass Kissing Syndrome. You must have missed my edit.

link   

Anyways, I didn’t used to think TDS was actually real, but I’m starting to... Otherwise logical people can’t deal with anything Trump says or does, or with his character or personality...

Oh, it is. Funnily enough, it's a two way street. Folks who think he can do no right, counter balanced by those who feel he can do no wrong.

Then there is the third group, of which I am a member...Don't like him, never will, yet I give credit where credit is due. I don't have to like the man to want him to do the job. Some things I've liked, some I've not...solid third group.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Actually I posited the other day that TDS went both ways just that the pro-Trump side wasn’t as pronounced as the anti-Trump. In either case it rule by emotion rather than logic which tends to put it on the Schizophrenia scale.

link   

ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome.

No Bush Derangement Syndrome?

Dont be such a partisan!

edit on 14-6-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   

How about, instead, we call it disagreeing, and move on? Or is that too much to ask from some??

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

The anti-Trump can’t meme.

It's a very important quality to have, I'm ashamed. How will I ever show my undying devotion and love to someone I've never met and whom doesn't know me in any way, shape or form?! The only way my idol will ever have a sliver of a fraction of a percent chance of ever even acknowledging me even for half a second is if I know how to meme! Whoa is me!

Woe is you.

Anyways, the reason I'm excited about North Korea is because I've been hoping strongly that they find peace for many many years now. I've been very upset with the US stance of exacerbating the situation by responding to their defiance with just a cycle of threats tit-for-tat.

I've tried writing about how we need to give N Korea a chance and bring them into the world community for years, and I've tried to dispel a lot of the prejudice and hate that people have for them and their nation.

I'm excited because I feel like I personally have played a small role in working towards this. It's a huge relief. I want to begin focusing on supporting charity efforts and business ventures to help lift N Korea. That's a major step forward and I have huge Hopes we can share our Love with those people.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

TDS, ODS, CDS, BDS, GoTDS, TAKS, etc. aren't actually real conditions. I was pointing out the stupidity of such terms, though I do find the hypocrisy amusing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Actually I posited the other day that TDS went both ways just that the pro-Trump side wasn’t as pronounced as the anti-Trump. In either case it rule by emotion rather than logic which tends to put it on the Schizophrenia scale.

Turns out hyper-partisans are quite addicted to self-deception / self-delusion:

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said. www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

People are nuts. But it's also been a good thing.

Now we actually get to see who is pro-Constitution and who isn't.

It's been interesting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

See there you are stealing my ideas again (which would be a paranoia styled statement, again on the Schizophrenia scale). Adding the obligatory Trump did it would be TDS.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

In fairness, 'TDS' goes in both directions. People on either extreme are losing their # over Trump and behaving ridiculously.

Each extreme takes one individual's stupid deeds and extrapolates it across millions. One dumb Dem and they're all dumb. One moron Trump fan and they're all morons. These two supposedly monolithic species that have no individuality...'Leftists' and 'Trump supporters.'

What do they want from the world when they've finished dividing friends and families? What happens to America when all this is over and people hate each other? Spite politics...it's the future.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How is supporting the POTUS like being in a cult.Is that how we are describing patriotic Americans now?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Now we actually get to see who is pro-Constitution and who isn't.

Republican's & Democrat's.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join