It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I often see it alleged that this is just something made up by the "alt-right" or Sean Hannity. For those of you who don't understand what it is, it's not an actual clinically diagnosed mental illness, it's not in any APA manual, it's a colloquialism for being so crazy about losing an election almost 2 years ago that you'd rather get nuclear war than have to give Trump credit for anything:

71% of Michelle Wolf's audience doesn't want peace with North Korea

I will concede up front that she's an alleged comedian, and this is supposed to be a comedy show (I think?), so some of the audience may have just been being silly and isn't serious. Even if only half of them are serious, this is #ing scary.

Time to get over the election.

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No its not.

Its just a term chucked about by Trump supporters for some strange reason, it is not recognised by anyone (other than the most enthusiastic of trump supporters) as having any actual meaning.

I think of it a little bit like calling someone a Shill, its the default to jump to when you run out of decent counter arguments just start shouting Trump Derangement Syndrome...

Its silly and I think we should all try to raise above such stupidity.
edit on 14-6-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its for reals.

And so is Trump Bootlicking Syndrome.

Yin Yang foos.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

ok that made me giggle....

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ummm...that's seriously effed up...

Are the leftists purposely attempting to push people out of their ideology...cause it's working...

BTW I dropped Netflix two weeks ago...purely an economic decision of course...

YouSir

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Agreed. Trump supporters have become creepily deranged in their own "TDS". They have totally gone outer limits, tossed out (and sold out) so many ideals that the right used to hold dear and can't at all see Trump for who and what he actually is. They have gone to a place where they are defending actions I would never have dreamed anyone would support. Constantly cheering on traitorous division and anger. Neck deep in the fawning Trump-related drool. It's painful to watch. These situations never end well.

TDS is real, but not in the way you propose.

edit on 14-6-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: okrian

Ummm...I know you are...but what am I...?

YouSir

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

“It’s silly and I think we should all try to raise above such stupidity.”

Previously: “I think of it a little bit like calling someone a shill, it’s the default to jump to when you run out of decent counter-arguments...”

Hmm...

Anyways, I didn’t used to think TDS was actually real, but I’m starting to...
Otherwise logical people can’t deal with anything Trump says or does, or with his character or personality...
edit on 6/14/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

link   
ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome. CDS is another good one, Clinton Derangement Syndrome. In fact, since we're just making up terms in order to make people seem "deranged" I'll give it another go. Don't like broccoli? You have BDS, Broccoli Derangement Syndrome. How about Game of Thrones? If you don't care for it you have GoTDS.

Yay, parroting media created buzzwords/phrases is fun! Maybe mine will catch on in the media, then and ONLY then will ATS start using them because we're a bunch of sheep going where we're told by the media.

link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...that's seriously effed up...

Are the leftists purposely attempting to push people out of their ideology...cause it's working...

BTW I dropped Netflix two weeks ago...purely an economic decision of course...

YouSir

At this point if I were a Democrat I would think we were infiltrated by people trying to bring down the party, that's how absurd they've gotten.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: okrian

Ummm...I know you are...but what am I...?

YouSir

Pretty much what he said, but he had to try to make it sound more nuanced. They're the "smart" ones, after all.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Whatever you wish to call it, wanting nuclear war or wanting our economy to tank because of the hate you feel for our current president is in fact mental illness.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
ODS was real too, Obama Derangement Syndrome.

I'll agree with that. There were loony people who never got over the Obama election. They were predicting he'd be impeached all 8 years, and it was just as silly then as it is now from the other side.

link   

originally posted by: Surveyor7
Whatever you wish to call it, wanting nuclear war or wanting our economy to tank because of the hate you feel for our current president is in fact mental illness.

This.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

TBS is already trademarked though, we'll have to come up with another name for it. TAKS, Trump Ass Kissing Syndrome maybe? With that you can actually pronounce it instead of saying the letters so it's more catchy.

edit on 6/14/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The anti-Trump can’t meme.

(Eta: lack of humor is oftentimes an indicator of TDS)
edit on 6/14/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No, you are good at these things

But in these wild days, all stops have to be pulled to reel in the cray cray left over from the obam tyro evil basst presentation we all went through for .....8 of em

Even the obam supporters got sick and friggin totally worn out there at the end of the tyrants time

Even the obam supporters agree with me
edit on 14-6-2018 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   

More proof than ever that Trump is turning his support network into a cult. Being critical of his actions is now being likened to a mental illness...

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

It's legit man.

I wrote a thread the other day about "Yay World Peace!" and didn't even mention Trump specifically as being the causation, I purposely left that out and just considered the overall historical implications and collective global situation.

Yet I got all these negative responses that just simply cannot accept it - and of course these are the same exact posters who are on a major vendetta against Trump here on these boards.

They most definitely would rather see a major war right now (nuclear if need be) in order to say "I told ya so". It's pretty pathetic and disappointing. If they had any credibility left it's quickly diminishing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I find it hard to take Trump seriously because of this advert from when I was younger. He's just to orange!

edit on 14-6-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join