It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mac OS: Need to burn an audio CD with tracks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Greeting ATS.

I'm looking for a program that will allow me to burn a WAV file to CD. Here's the catch: I need to be able to insert track markers.

I've been doing some DJ work and when I record a session I end up with an hour long WAV file. Many years ago there was a program called Sony CD Architect where you could take your WAV file and start a project. Then you could insert track markers at the beginning of each song and then burn that to CD. This process was non-destructive and your WAV file remained intact. (There was other functionality of course).

For a while I was also able to do this with Mixmeister. Sadly CD Architect is no longer around and Mixmeister doesn't work with the latest release of Mac OS. Is anyone aware of a program that can do this?

On a side note, I looked at Audacity but that appears to modify the original WAV. I'd prefer to keep that intact.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

MAGIX record in studio software, MP3 maker and most of their products.... Have used it since 2004...4 diff. programs... and I've used markers.

And you can leave original trk. intact.

I've done say... 2-4-6-8-12-24 trks...whatever... putting original wave on 1...or it and rt 1-2 stereo... and marked others..

Magic let's you save as project, mp3, wav or burn to c. d. /DVD.

PS there are other software progs just as good or better... I like it cause it's simplicity and all functionality.. Midi too.

Hopes this helps you...!

edit on 14-6-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I would think this is something Adobe Audition could handle. Have you looked in that? You can download a free fully functional trial via Adobe Cloud. You can use it to burn WAV to CD and add trackers to the WAV file. I would imagine it's not destructive towards the WAV file *shrug* This video contains lots of pertinent info from the looks of it: link

edit on 14-6-2018 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

I used to have Adobe Audition years ago...in fact, I used it when it was still Cool Edit Pro. At one point, Adobe changed how they licensed/packaged the product. I wonder if I still have access to it? Something to look into.

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I think .wav format doesn't allow for markers to be placed within the audio.

You'd have to cut the audio into several parts and mark each one with a track marker.

If you wanted them to play sequentially without a silence between them, that's more an issue for your audio player than your burning software.

top topics

join