It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York sues Trump Foundation, alleging 'extensive' lawbreaking

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Really? It has been happening since he was in office...bs lawsuits.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The possible implications of this are also amazing.

More diversion from the real crimes that the previous administration commited.

*yawn*

How's the Russian collusion going, btw?

if only we could elect someone that was seeking justice and not protecting

this back and forth is stupid now that trump has been in charge for 500days and he is still impotent to do anything

how many years do you all think you can keep spinning the blame?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

how many years do you all think you can keep spinning the blame?

Blame for what?

Trump isn’t responsible for the fantasies you have swirling around in that Leftist brain of yours. I swear Progressives actually believe their own BS.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I was addressing this particular litigation. How can you call it BS when we haven't seen the evidence? Or lack of evidence?

I tell ya what though, if it's true he took the fund for helping veterans and moved it to his campaign, then he is truly a pos.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Nope, it appears no charges have been filed, why is that?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Yeah, so so serious that there are no charges, just a civil suit. LOL
The NY AG is in the latter stages of TDS.

More divisive crap from butthurt liberals.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
My wife fields the charity requests. She is careful to ask how much of monies collected actually to to the recipients. Trump's Foundation, passed 100+% of their donations. Quick addition gives around + $800K for last year. Now ask for this info from American Red Cross, and Wounded Warrior solicitors? Trump's foundation put over $19M out the Foundation's doors, last year. So, maybe they are deficient over some bookkeeping requirements? If that N.Y. State A.G. wins, she can hijack Trump's Foundation, and then run it for herself, while prohibiting any of Trumps directors, of serving in any other charitable Foundations.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The lawsuit alleges that for "more than a decade..."
I'm curious as to why nothing has been done about this (if true) in the past.

Was the state of NY not paying any mind to if his foundation, or any others for that matter, were being run properly?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lumenari

You don't think the lawyers for the state of New York can pull together a case that will fly?
Really?

I think anyone in the USA can sue anyone for anything. Doesn't mean it's actually true... just a typical PR stunt the Dems pull out and use on their opponents EVERY SINGLE ELECTION CYCLE.

Now, you would know that if you were not so deep in the closet for the Democratic party that you live in Narnia...

Yep, which is why they had to get the AG, a leftist idiot, to make a story out of it.
Dems playing silly, but very transparent, games.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Probably because they use to get kickbacks from Trump.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   

So..... Not charges just a lawsuit? The timing is impeccable and a great distraction

Come back when a laws been broken this is getting annoying.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Too funny, my first thought was, "I guess he stopped greasing palms when he became president"

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
question for trump supporters- if it turns out he used the veteren's funds for his campaign will be cool with that?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

No. But anyone who is not for investigating the Clinton Foundation's use of money has no right to speak on the subject.

I say check em both.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

the investigation has been going on for 20 months.

you heard about how he used money from his charity to purchase a painting of himself to hang in one of his hotels?

if it had been the clinton foundation these boards would on fire, so it's funny all y 'all saying it's nothing - you ain't fooling anyone.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

So what's that? a month before he became president?
Maybe they suspected him of using foundation money for his campaign?
Yeah, I remember that story. Seemed like a silly thing to do with the spotlight all over you.
What ever came of that anyway?

I for one, am not saying it's nothing. It very well could be something.
My gut says it's political, but who knows.

Since you choose to bring the clintons into this:
It's not like the trump foundation screwed over a nation after an earthquake killed hundreds of thousands and left half of the survivors homeless or anything..

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The painting?

Link

Michael Israel, a "speed painter" who completed the portrait in about six minutes at a charity gala, released the first public photos of the painting Tuesday, Fahrenthold reported. Melania Trump won the bidding for the portrait and cut a $20,000 check from Trump's foundation, with half the money going to Israel and the other half going to the Children's Place at Home Safe.

"Tax experts say that if Trump hung the painting at one of his homes or businesses, he may have violated laws against 'self-dealing,'" Farenthold reported. "Those laws prohibit charity leaders from using money from their nonprofits to buy things for themselves, or for their businesses."

They bid on a service and the 'monies' are accounted for and sent in it's entirety to 2 foundations. What should they have done with the picture?

Then, there is this gem...

Link

After more than a year in limbo, the Eliminating Government-funded Oil-painting Act was signed into law by President Donald Trump on Tuesday. The law bars the use of federal funds to pay for federal officers and employees’ official oil portraits. Since 2014, the annual budget has featured short-term bans on federal funding for oil portraits, but the EGO Act, introduced by Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) in January 2017, makes the ban permanent. "Thanks @realDonaldTrump for signing the Eliminating Government-funded Oil-painting (EGO) Act into law," Cassidy tweeted Wednesday morning. "I came to Congress to cut wasteful spending. Our debt is over $20 trillion. There's no excuse for spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on paintings of government officials." The legislation specifically targets those heading up executive agencies and legislative offices, as well as the president, vice president and members of Congress. The official portraits of the president and first lady, along with key lawmakers, are typically commissioned with private funding — but the House has, in the past, allowed federal funds to be used for portraits of House speakers. Reports indicate that from 2010 to 2013, federal agencies doled out more than $400,000 on portraits to be displayed in agency buildings — including in locations that aren’t readily accessible to the public. The cost of the individual portraits spanned from $19,000 to $50,000.

edit on Junpm30pmf0000002018-06-14T15:33:08-05:000308 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   
eric trump's foundation is also in trouble -

The charity did in fact raise a serious amount of money at the golf event that year, some $1.8 million, according to federal tax filings, while maintaining an impressive expense ratio of just 14%. But not all of the money went to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, a renowned pediatric cancer center in Memphis, where the Eric Trump Foundation had been telling its donors their money went for years. In fact, St. Jude received $1.2 million, $240,000 covered expenses and more than $200,000 went to other organizations, most of which had no programs to help kids with cancer but did have strong ties to Trump family members and interests.

“If one represents that the funds are going to be used to benefit charity A and instead they go to charities B, C and D, that’s a misrepresentation,” says Sean Delany, a former assistant attorney general who oversaw the charities bureau in the state of New York. “A donor might choose to donate specifically because they care deeply about children’s cancer issues, or they care deeply about supporting St. Jude hospital in particular, and have no interest in supporting those other charities.”

link

anyway, regarding the trump foundation the Attorney General also sent referral letters to the FEC and the IRS for possible further action.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Looks like the lawyers sat on this until today, when the IG report was released. Go figure.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
More may come out, but the main proof that I'm looking at is how biased the NYAG is.

IF there is evidence of criminal wrongdoing, they have all the power and authority to bring about real charges.

This is a disgrace no matter your placement on the spectrum.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join