It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York sues Trump Foundation, alleging 'extensive' lawbreaking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: GuidedKill

So this is a civil filing, not a criminal filing is that correct?

Yup.....100% correct. Not a criminal filing.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I wonder if it's possible under American law to blur the boundaries of civil and criminal jurisdiction, or whether she's making up law as she goes along.
As I understand the distinction, one prosecutes for criminal offences, or sues for damages when suffering a civil injury.
Can American public officials be sued for wasting taxpayers' money?

Well my take on this would be that I would hope that they do have something that makes them think they are going to win and are not just waisting time playing politics.

It would be political suicide for the AG and the democrats in general to push this law suit forward only for it to fall to bits, they would be handing Trump a easy victory and open up to a counter suit I would imagine. Therefore I would personally say that I would believe that they are confident that they will win this law suit.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

This is a soundbite for the crazy left. You can't indict a sitting president lol. Looks to be an extortion tactic by new York government. They are going to waste a s**toad of taxpayer dollars to buy air and the liberals there are so rabid they'll let them do it. It wasn't long ago that new York was the murder capitol of the US, but I think they passed the torch to Chicago, another corrupt leftist cesspool. They should be fighting real crime, rather than snapping at invisible butterflies like some brain damaged dog. You get the government you deserve, new Yorkers :-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
June 14th

Trump's Birthday
Flag Day

IG report coming out in public release
NY AG sues Trump Foundation

All just coincidences !!

🎃

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'll just leave this right here....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Sadly the facts are the facts. Trump supporters hate facts and the truth. Don the Con is what they called him for years. I bet him and his inner circle laugh at his base behind closed doors. Even they know how sheeply they are! He even said it!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: vinifalou

The possible implications of this are also amazing.

More diversion from the real crimes that the previous administration commited.

*yawn*

How's the Russian collusion going, btw?

Its always amazing how rather than discuss the actual topic at hand, the Trump Foundation being sued by New York, you resort to silly whataboutism's.

This is damaging for Trump, I would hope you would have the maturity and intellect to discuss it rather than trying to deflect.

It always amazes me how you guys dont realize that that is the topic.. Damaging for Trump ? How ? No charges?

It is about as damaging to Trump as this stupid thread..

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Lumenari

is this what it looks like when your entire campaign strategy is "# Trump"?

Endless Civil litigation, man, you know how many lawyers and judges are leftists?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Anyone can SUE anyone anytime for anything.

Announced TODAY to give CNN & MSNBC something ELSE to talk about OTHER than the IG report.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But the old NY AG, who resigned and she took his place, let Hillary and Co off. Now, they want to shut down the Trump Foundation.

Let them. Then he can start a MAGA Foundation and really help...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think the Mr. Trump saluting the NK general is pretty huge BREAKING NEWS.

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Trump's net worth continues to fall

His scheme to use the presidency to get rich is working perfectly.

People actually believe this #.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

It would be political suicide for the AG and the democrats in general to push this law suit forward only for it to fall to bits, they would be handing Trump a easy victory and open up to a counter suit I would imagine.

As far as I can tell that's the Dems & MSM's doofy and desperate strategy so far. I can't find any teeth in the filing. It's just rhetoric clothed in legalese.
edit on 14-6-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

potentially massively damaging for Trump.

Doubt it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Russia probe, Michael Cohen, Stormy Daniels, Summer Zervos and Gloria Alred, New York state. He must be pulling what little hair he has out.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Heh. Tell us something we don't know.

They have evidence that the money he raised for Veterans went straight into his Campaign fund. Millions.

It's interesting though, because many people who drop out of litigations filed against him, drop out because they can't pay attorney's fees for years, and Trump can. Of course he knows that, and keeps a case going because he predicts what will happen.

But the state of NY has staff prosecutors and investigators, and they can keep it going for decades.

edit on 6/14/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Russia probe, Michael Cohen, Stormy Daniels, Summer Zervos and Gloria Alred, New York state. He must be pulling what little hair he has out.

lol!

link   

It's a civil case. Suing for millions of dollars.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Lol yeah that's what it is.
Ha ha ha

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh look the leftists found something else to latch onto that will likely go nowhere.

Ya'll are just so entertaining now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join