It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact-checking immigration spin on separating families and 1,500 ‘lost’ children

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: SailorJerry

Youre better than that.

Maybe I should tell you, that my grandpa was the first mate on a fcking Nazi cruiser. My family still suffers from the sexual abuse that followed after he survived the war, so yeah. I'm pretty good with despising everything Nazi-related.

And ripping babies from their mothers arms is the first step in a long row of trauma and abuse. Especially with no congressional oversight whatsoever, and that's the highly volatile part here.

Congratulations, I was born in 52, my father fought in World War 2, My uncle was killed in the Battle of Monte Cassino, and dad was there at the liberation of Buchenwald . (speaking of looking things up, maybe you should do that for the last two places I mentioned)

So dont virtue signal with me boy.

Your comparison is BS plain and simple, it is nothing but rhetoric spoon fed from the hands of the media and others who refuse to actually do any research that isnt partisan.

This is NOTHING like then, NOTHING like Hitler, and NOTHING like concentration camps, and, if your tales are true its an INSULT to your family that you would even try to.

End of.

Well, it's what they did. Actual. History. Look it up?

Oh, its abundantly clear i know my history a hell of a lot better than you do
edit on 20-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2018 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

The Flores Consent Decree has been US legal policy for decades, longer than Trump, longer than Obama, longer than Bush.

This is what it looks like when immigration law is followed.

Under Obama, the law was not followed. We essentially had a lawless presidency.

Now, if you don't like the law, the usual remedy is for CONGRESS to act to change the law, NOT for the president to simply ignore the laws he does not like. In this case, rather than the political posturing taking place, both parties should be working to pass a law to get rid of the Flores Consent Decree, NOT to simply practice the catch and release of the Obama admin because most of the people who showed up with minors in tow *never* showed up for the immigration hearings.

This was a loophole they exploited and are banking on being able to exploit again.

If people want to claim asylum, there are laws for that. They show up at a legal port of entry and claim asylum there. They do not attempt to enter the country be sneaking across the border and then claim asylum as soon as they are caught. By claiming asylum, they activate the Flores Consent Decree and hope they will be released to be with their minors. Some of these people are simply taking minors in tow who aren't even theirs and will dump them having used them to get out of detention!

Stop being manipulated. They are manipulating you.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   

This is NOTHING like then, NOTHING like Hitler, and NOTHING like concentration camps, and, if your tales are true its an INSULT to your family that you would even try to.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps to ignore their trauma as a result from a fascist policy. Freedom and democracy we can believe in, eh?

So dont virtue signal with me boy.

Ey Dick Cheney, values aint virtues. But you're about to learn a thing or two about my Prussian-Frisian virtues soon enough.

i know my history a hell of a lot better than you do

You believe a lot of things, don't you?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Keep telling yourself that if it helps to ignore their trauma as a result from a fascist policy. Freedom and democracy we can believe in, eh?

Detaining illegal immigrants coming over the border and processing them isnt fascist, neither is the fact they gave the option to go BACK , WITH their children, or stay and be processed.

Its not Auschwitz no matter how bad you want to push that narrative.

Ey Dick Cheney, values aint virtues. But you're about to learn a thing or two about my Prussian-Frisian virtues soon enough.

And virtue signaling and hyperbole arent values, its regurgitating media BS thats spoon fed to you and failure to research the facts on your part.

And oooo a threat, im shaking in my boots! Pray tell, what are you going to do kiddo?

You believe a lot of things, don't you?

I know what I actually lived through 10-20 years after that war you claim to know so much about, with direct family members who were on the ground there.

Not bullsnip false equivalency from someone whose so far removed from what actually happened they dont actually know the horrors that took place

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Did I say the Nazis only ripped kids from their mothers arms? No? Aha. Who knows where this crazy ICE is heading without congressional oversight next, we didn't see a thing yet.

And virtue signaling and hyperbole arent values, its regurgitating media BS thats spoon fed to you and failure to research the facts on your part.

Freedom is a value, not a virtue. And so are human rights. You can put babies in cages all day long if it fit's your virtues. But it's still a loss of values, and thus another instance of the USA underachieving on it's expectations.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Alice Speri lays out her investigation of sexual abuse by ICE officers and contractors in immigration detention centers.

The Intercepted

Thought you might be interested to hear that as well.
edit on 20-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I haven't commented on any of the threads pertaining to this story because I wasn't sure how I felt about it, due to a lack of knowledge. After some reflection, I basically came to believe that if the government is separating families that show up at a port of entry, even without papers, asking for asylum, then I couldn't stand behind that.

As it turns out, after reading many stories on the matter last night, this isn't the case.

The policy would not apply to asylum seekers who come to an official port of entry to the US without paperwork -- those individuals would only be placed into immigration proceedings.

www.google.com...

So it appears that the media and the left is intentionally misleading the public on this issue. I have also read speculation that these people are being coached to ask for asylum if caught. That may or may not be true, but what isn't true is that anybody showing up at the border seeking asylum is separated from their families.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Dont argue with people that play the nazi game. They all ready lost the argument and show just how little they understand about the holocaust. Your arguing with people that show they dont have the iintellectual capacity to make valid arguments. If they are willing to make these leaps no point in even trying to have an intelligent conversation.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Check the ongoing lawsuit Ms L v. ICE. The plaintiff in that case arrived at the border as an asylum seeker and was separated from her six year old daughter.

So families seeking asylum are being separated.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yep, this situation sucks and is god awful. Got it.

But help me out here: does Australia refuse visas to men whose wives of 10+ years are natural born citizens for preexisting medical conditions?

Does Canada refuse entry to people with a single DUI/DWI in their (often distant) past?

Every country has immigration laws. Few, if any, take all comers. In fact, most are rather arbitrary in who they take or deny (for one reason or another).

Now, before my fellow libs get their panties in a twist over my questions, I'll say this: I am not a statist or nationalist. If it were up to me the people of earth would move about the planet as freely as money or goods and services. The only path forward is a human Milky Way, filled with trillions of us. Dominion, fruitfulness, multiplicity.

Zero tolerance as a bargaining chip for the funding of a big stupid wall is moronic, but so is the "immigration policies" of a raft of European countries the hard left deifies.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Keep the children and parents together.

As they are sent back to their original @#$#hole country.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That would make some sense if we were talking about the Autobahn (highway infrastructure), not about the nation of freedom and democracy ripping kids from their mothers and putting them in cages.

Nice adhom though, gotta give you that.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
I haven't commented on any of the threads pertaining to this story because I wasn't sure how I felt about it, due to a lack of knowledge. After some reflection, I basically came to believe that if the government is separating families that show up at a port of entry, even without papers, asking for asylum, then I couldn't stand behind that.

As it turns out, after reading many stories on the matter last night, this isn't the case.

The policy would not apply to asylum seekers who come to an official port of entry to the US without paperwork -- those individuals would only be placed into immigration proceedings.

www.google.com...

So it appears that the media and the left is intentionally misleading the public on this issue. I have also read speculation that these people are being coached to ask for asylum if caught. That may or may not be true, but what isn't true is that anybody showing up at the border seeking asylum is separated from their families.

I am with you on this. After finding out that the people detained were given the option to go back instead of being detained, and that children are actually being exploited or possibly even kidnapped and trafficked so these so-called fake parents/? can manipulate our laws.

Shame on those people for putting those children in a dangerous situation to begin with (human trafficking, dehydration, many various threats) for their own selfish gain of benefitting from our system, which they HAVENT paid into.
edit on 20-6-2018 by KTemplar because: Autocorrect not so correct

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The policy of separation of children while in detention is not new nor was it created or implemented by Trump. It originated with the "Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996" signed into law by Clinton. That law was written in 1992 but did not gain traction and was not signed in to law until it was revised and implemented by Clinton in 1996. That law was amended and further defined by the "Homeland Security Act of 2002" by Bush.

It was determined that holding children in detention more than 20 days was inappropriate and that children should be moved to foster care of a sponsor, someone related to the child when possible. Democrats who favored this legislation called it an act of compassion on behalf of the children in detention centers as it often takes more than 20 days to process all the adults.

Homeland Security Act of 2002
ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION REFORM AND IMMIGRANT RESPONSIBILITY ACT OF 1996

Because of Republicans taking a strong position on deportation of criminal illegal aliens, having just won the House on that platform, Clinton adopted a more strict policy on immigration at the urging of (then) White House adviser Rahm Emanuel.

In a memo written in November 1996, a few months after IIRIRA was passed, a senior adviser to the president named Rahm Emanuel wrote a memo recommending a series of aggressive steps President Clinton could take in the wake of the law — including "claim and achieve record deportations of criminal aliens."

1996 law created todays immigration problem

This is strange considering that on 6/17/18 Bill Clinton attacked what he referred to as "Trumps" immigration policy saying,

“These children should not be a negotiating tool,” Clinton tweeted on Sunday. "And reuniting them with their families would reaffirm America’s belief in & support for all parents who love their children."

Clinton attacked "Trumps" policy

It seems Mr. Clinton forgot he signed and implemented the law that made this all possible in the first place.

The children in question are often accompanied by adults who have committed crimes. Unaccompanied children are automatically placed in foster care at the appropriate time and are only separated from their parents by virtue of having their parents send them to the US alone.

In regards to the "lost children", they are not lost at all. After having been released from detention and moved to sponsors the children are given court dates to determine final disposition. The problem is that less than 20% actually attend the proceedings. When Immigration officials attempt to find the children they discover that the sponsors and children did not stay where the government put them and there whereabouts are unknown. They are not "lost". The are fleeing and evading Immigration officials. Just as in the case of the obama "catch and release" policy, Immigration officials find it nearly impossible to locate the missing children once they have been relocated by the sponsors.

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

hmmm

what could make someone want to seek asylum?

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

hmmm

Seeking asylum is one thing; lying and exploiting little children is another!

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Completely unamerican and as a whole drags us down.

That depends on how you look at it. The Nazis took the babies from their jewish mothers arms as well, after arriving at the concentration camps.

White heritage, that's what I see. And fascism, of course.

Don't give up!

1,358 CHILDREN AND COUNTING — TRUMP’S “ZERO TOLERANCE” BORDER POLICY IS SEPARATING FAMILIES AT STAGGERING RATES

The War on Immigrants

Hmm... Another Racists RANT from the Left , you don't Even See it Do You ? ...........

edit on 20-6-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

originally posted by: howtonhawky

hmmm

Seeking asylum is one thing; lying and exploiting little children is another!

zero tolerance policy is new

the best among them are being judged by the actions of the worst among them.

as if every single person seeking asylum is hiding drugs while screwing their kid that is not really theirs.

yea them people needing help should lumped in together and treated less than human because we lost our constitutional values

they are sizing us up for a stay in heaven or hell depending where one is most comfortable

evrything is backwards choose wisely

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Who are they?

I believe that only God can ultimately judge, and that would mostly likely be based upon INTENT.

It seems our government is acting in the children’s best interests. It would be horrible if children were being trafficked; this has to be determined SAFELY.

I will pray for the children of course.

edit on 20-6-2018 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

Who are they?

I believe that only God can ultimately judge, and that would mostly likely be based upon INTENT.

It seems our government is acting in the children’s best interests. It would be horrible if children were being trafficked; this has to be determined SAFELY.

I will pray for the children of course.

tptb

how about god judging america based on how well we followed the constitution he gave us?

that is what i see happening in some form

we are not looking too good since immigration is a states right and naturalization is gov. right.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join