It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact-checking immigration spin on separating families and 1,500 ‘lost’ children

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
Citizens can sue the US government, independent agencies, individuals in charge of them. Join up with the ACLU. If you want to keep calling it terrorism, make it a legal case.

Otherwise, I could care less for your dramatic attempts to undermine our national security with open borders. The executive head has given the attorney general the discretion to curb illegal immigration to protect our borders and national sovereignty, one of a handful of real responsibility our nation has to its citizens. Bring up a case or join one of many already being brought forward by NGO's and other watchdog groups.

Otherwise, we are all just joining you in the flinging of poo, as you have colorfully illustrated with your words a handful of times now.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
You would have to bring a case forward in court in order to legitimately claim acts of terrorism as defined in the legal code. Now in this regard, I welcome you to do so on their behalf if you feel as passionate as you do feeling that to be the accurate description .

It's being done as we type.
ACLU sues Trump administration over separation of families at the border www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If the US changed this afternoon and now you have an open border policy..the children are now saved.

What happens to your quality of life when a few more million are at the border now because there are no blocks to immigration?

My guess is it will drop dramatically.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

yea that would not be a solution worth exploring

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
but are they calling it terrorism? That is the context we were discussing, and why I told him he is not alone against the world and could join or support any number of groups who are already taking legal action. I am not oblivious to the litigation. The ACLU is permanently suing the government for something, regardless of who is on the throne. So are a number of others. Pick your advocacy group, pick your cause, and get on the ground and put in the work.

Poo flinging however, does nothing but possibly raise blood pressure a notch or two.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

another deflection of truth on your part

it is simple either you accept the definition of terrorism and the admittance by the admin of using terrorism to manifest a political outcome through intimidation or you deflect the truth

not really that complicated unless one chooses to ignore the basics in favor of partisanship

perhaps mueller will take interest since he has carte blanche to do wtf ever he chooses at least now he has clear cut crime to prosecute

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Poo flinging however, does nothing but possibly raise blood pressure a notch or two.

another example of one sided thought

i actually feel a bit better now that i have flung some truth

however your flinging of poo puts me in the shower.

ACTUALLY I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR THOUGHTS AND PARTICIPATION

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

The notion of terrorist offence as a combination of:

objective elements (murder, bodily injuries, hostage taking, extortion, committing attacks, threat to commit any of the above, etc.); and

subjective elements (acts committed with the objective of seriously intimidating a population, destabilising or destroying structures of a country or international organisation or making a government abstain from performing actions).

eur-lex

We don't need a legal case to apply the definition, we need an intervention for their human rights. Maybe Powell could give a nice talk at some UN panel, War on Fascism sounds good enough for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Listen, I am not necessarily against what you are saying. IMO, pretty much any and all drug dealers and admitted gang members should be charged with terrorism, and I have said so many times here on ATS. Elderly folks and honest families live in terror everyday at the thugs who rule their neighborhoods where the municipality has abandoned them into a jungle of criminals. But unless I can take them to court and make a solid case for charging them with terrorism, it is a mute point and nothing more than a buzzword to elicit emotional response.

However, the children themselves are being guarded in sanctuaries, not subjected to torture en masse or being robbed and beaten. There are probably a few instances where this will happen, like in pretty much every country on Earth where people are held in whatever facility for any reason against their will. But it is not systematic, such as gangs who murder beat and abuse entire chunks of cities within the USA and other states. So I can't call this immigration enforcement terrorism, and be honest at the same time.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I think they're calling it "cruel and unusual" punishment.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

“Prying infant children from their parents’ arms as they seek asylum is a flagrant violation of their human rights. Doing so in order to push asylum seekers back into dangerous situations where they may face persecution is also a violation of US obligations under refugee law.”

AI

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I guess the parents of these children should have thought about the consequences for their families before they illegally invaded our country. Ultimately it is the parents that are responsible for what is happening to them not the Government.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion
Take it up in court like I already told the author of the thread if you feel this way. I honestly, have no problem moving on with my day. If you excuse me, I have to go buy some gold for my kids future, so I will be stepping away from this conversation until tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm the living court of public opinion and the Nazis didn't break any German laws with their holocaust, either. Who cares, you think the historians file a lawsuit or something?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

you guessed wrong...

it happens

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Guessed what wrong? So a parent is not responsible for putting their kids in a situation.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I guess they're automatically bad parents for having kids while living in s#-hole countries.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I guess they're automatically bad parents for having kids while living in s#-hole countries.

That is what you got from my post? Actions have consequences. Even Progressives must know this (or maybe they don’t).

Parents chose to have kids...parents chose to illegally invade another sovereign nation...parents knew the consequences to their family if they took this illegal action. 100% the fault of the parents for involving their kids in their illegal activity.

It isn’t rocket science. You SHOULD be able to follow along unless you are simply being obtuse. Every action has a reaction.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

That is what you got from my post? Actions have consequences. Even Progressives must know this (or maybe they don’t).

Parents chose to have kids...parents chose to illegally invade another sovereign nation...parents knew the consequences to their family if they took this illegal action. 100% the fault of the parents for involving their kids in their illegal activity.

It isn’t rocket science. You SHOULD be able to follow along unless you are simply being obtuse. Every action has a reaction.

i see facts are beside your point

who needs facts when you got alpha trump

we can all see that you follow along very well

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

and speaking of rocket science...

how did that work out for trump lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join