It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact-checking immigration spin on separating families and 1,500 ‘lost’ children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

A White House official said that “from October 2017 to this February, DHS saw a staggering 315 percent increase in illegal aliens using children to pose as family units to gain entry into the country, compared to the same time frame the previous year.”

The official also pointed to a column in the National Review by Rich Lowry.

“Separation happens only if officials find that the adult is falsely claiming to be the child’s parent, or is a threat to the child, or is put into criminal proceedings,” Lowry wrote. “It’s the last that is operative here. The past practice had been to give a free pass to an adult who is part of a family unit.

That was straight from the OP link.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So when the US decides someone isnt eligible for asylum they just drop them off at the closest border and shoo them away in the opposite direction from America???

Migrant Caravan Asylum Seekers Being 'Illegally' Turned Away at Border, Rights Group Says www.newsweek.com...

Asylum Seekers Are Being Systematically Turned Away at the U.S.-Mexico Border immigrationimpact.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I hear the Clinton Foundation has safe places for lost kids in Haiti.

this is not a comedy club

It is the Mud Pit so yeah it is a comedy club especially if you think some crimes that are unpunished should stay unpunished because the former admin was unpunished... My head is spinning.

Call them all out. Dems dont give a rats ashes about kids let alone from other countries, nor do any side really.

Until you figure out to keep parents out of jail for the sole reason they are parents is a folly unlike most of today's news, this problem isnt going anywhere( ...except those kids, so...)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

really you wanna turn kidnapping into a left/right policy debate

your point about fixing countries is something to ponder. One would have to take hold of the world drug trade for any real changes to happen.

let's not forget at all that au has no american dream and your view is lacking the history the us has with the american dream

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

There is no oversight, Congress can't put any checks and balances on your little Nazi ICE operation. Which renders all of their statements useless.

You simply swallowed the Nanny State excuse hook, line and sinker. Congrats, ATSlien!
edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It is the Mud Pit so yeah it is a comedy club especially if you think some crimes that are unpunished should stay unpunished because the former admin was unpunished

no that is not rite

your butthurt making # up now

i say seek justice where justice is needed

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think we could mostly agree the OP was brown fecal matter, as was Confirmed by the poster themselves when they called the facts I posted from their own source sh!t.

This was a good trolling though howtonhawky , gave some of us a good chuckle .

a reply to: PublicOpinion
If the line from. OP source is bullsnap, than the entire article can be dismissed and the thread is in fact #, just like the OP himself said.
edit on 6-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I can't read it, it's behind a paywall.

A White House official said that “from October 2017 to this February, DHS saw a staggering 315 percent increase in illegal aliens using children to pose as family units to gain entry into the country, compared to the same time frame the previous year.”

315 percent? So, it went up from 30 to 90?

Remember when people we sending their children alone, all those unaccompanied minors that the Obama Administration had to deal with. Desperate people do desperate things.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I hear the Clinton Foundation has safe places for lost kids in Haiti.

Learn the facts on Haiti and the Clinton Foundation first.

I did, how about you?

Taking kids from families

On January 29, 2010, Silsby was arrested with nine other American nationals attempting to steal 33 children from the country, most of whom were not even orphans and had families according to some reports. CNN reported on February 9, 2010 that this was not the first time Silsby had attempted to traffic children out of Haiti. Haitian police acting on a tip had intercepted Silsby in an earlier, separate attempt to remove 40 children out of the country. She was turned back at the Haitian border. For a brief period, Haitian authorities were considering adding a new kidnapping charge based on this evidence.

The dirty laundry

On February 11th, the New York Times reported that Silsby’s original lawyer, Jorge Puello, was suspected of leading an international human trafficking ring involving women and minors. According the the Harvard Human Rights Journal Puello was ultimately arrested in an investigation being lead by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in connection with the ring. He was wanted in the United States, El Salvador and Costa Rica for his involvement with a network trafficking Central Americans and Haitians. At the time of his arrest, his wife was already imprisoned in El Salvador and “faced charges of presumed sexual exploitation of minors and women.” Puello was ultimately sentenced to three years in federal prison for “alien smuggling.” Another surprisingly light sentence given the original charges he was sought for. It it not known at this time whether or not Laura Silsby was associated with Puello’s criminal enterprise

The attempted coverup by Daily Beast and Clinton connection to it all.

On November 4th, 2016 The Daily Beast wrote a non-factual and intentionally misleading article covering the Clinton-Silsby scandal. They accused Wikileaks of publicizing a “Reddit conspiracy theory” which was “riddled with incorrect information.” The author, Ben Collins neglected to do basic research on the totality of the links presented in the post as evidence. Mr. Collins attacked the policies of r/the_donald towards freedom of speech and accused the forum of being racist without citing extensive or definitive proof. At no point did The Daily Beast provide proof that the allegations were not true, and did not disprove any of the evidence submitted. A link to an extensive study of the case by the Harvard Human Rights Journal which clearly linked Bill Clinton to the scandal was totally ignored. They similarly failed to acknowledge or address emails published by Wikileaks between Hillary Clinton and her legal counsel which may potentially indicate that she violated State Department policy for the treatment of U.S. citizens arrested or detained abroad. The Daily Beast is a holding of American media conglomerate InterActiveCorp. Chelsea Clinton, Vice President of the Clinton Foundation and daughter of Hillary and Bill Clinton, sits on InterActiveCorp’s Board of Directors. The proximity of the Clinton family to the organization responsible for oversight and direction of The Daily Beast raises questions about the publication’s journalistic independence and their commitment to factual and ethical reporting on current events and topics of public interest. Given their slanderous and incorrect reporting on the Clinton-Silsby scandal, it seems clear that they do not hold these values in high regard.

disobedientmedia.com...

edit on 6142018 by Butterfinger because: source added

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Except that there's an article from The Intercept in my first reply, have some fun debunking that.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's not a paywall, it's plea to whitelist it from ad blockers. I gave you the source when you asked. Did you post one for this number?? Is it media stats, or agency stats?? I am sinceriously curious.
edit on 6-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

They werent on American soil which you have highlighted several times as being a prerequisite of claiming asylum.
Regardless I fully support the decision to turn them back.
Is the same treatment given to those within the US who have actually been processed and rejected?

In Australia 5+ years ago we had a huge problem with boatloads of illegal immigrants coming ashore everyday, then a few years ago our government adopted a zero tolerance policy, if you came to Australia illegally you would never live here legally.
After that the damnest thing happened, the boat loads of illegal immigrants stopped turning up, now Im not sure if it was just a coincidence or not but Im the superstitious type and I reckon that if America and Europe adopted the same policy maybe, just maybe, Illegal immigrants and economic migrants might stop putting themselves in harms way and paying cartels and other unsavoury sorts significant amounts of money to get them to the US

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
I think we could mostly agree the OP was brown fecal matter, as was Confirmed by the poster themselves when they called the facts I posted from their own source sh!t.

This was a good trolling though howtonhawky , gave some of us a good chuckle .

a reply to: PublicOpinion
If the line from. OP source is bullsnap, than the entire article can be dismissed and the thread is in fact #, just like the OP himself said.

you are confusing the op with your upper lip

seriously though all the rulings and political bs aside

it is unlawful for any admin to do this and is indeed terror by definition

the admin is in the wrong and borderline criminal in this matter

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Very clear intimidation trail here that leeds one to the new bill that will soon be voted on

they want to make 10000000 legal 25 billion for border wall or something the like

www.nationalreview.com...

One thing that would make it a lot more palatable would be restoring the Goodlatte provision to change the way parents of adult citizens can immigrate, so they could come to babysit their grandchildren but never vote or sign up for Medicare. This is morally important, too, because without that change, the parents of the DACA/Dreamers, who most certainly knew what they were doing when they brought their kids here illegally, would end up benefitting from an amnesty based on the idea that Dreamers came here “through no fault of their own.”

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky
You would have to bring a case forward in court in order to legitimately claim acts of terrorism as defined in the legal code. Now in this regard, I welcome you to do so on their behalf if you feel as passionate as you do feeling that to be the accurate description .

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

It is the Mud Pit so yeah it is a comedy club especially if you think some crimes that are unpunished should stay unpunished because the former admin was unpunished

no that is not rite

your butthurt making # up now

i say seek justice where justice is needed

Huh?

Ok buddy, my opinion isnt making something up... its an opinion.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: howtonhawky
You would have to bring a case forward in court in order to legitimately claim acts of terrorism as defined in the legal code. Now in this regard, I welcome you to do so on their behalf if you feel as passionate as you do feeling that to be the accurate description .

thnks alot for reminding me that it is me against the world

if all else fails tell em the odds of finding justice

that will shut them up

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT INTENT is and how it relates to the laws in the usa

if you are unsure if these actions are terror then look at the intent

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

They werent on American soil which you have highlighted several times as being a prerequisite of claiming asylum.

Yes they were. They were at the US Border Station, and were turned away.

As many as 50 Central Americans traveling with a migrant caravan that has drawn the ire of President Donald Trump for weeks have made it to the U.S.-Mexico border after an arduous journey that began in southern Mexico in late March—and they are being turned away, organizers say, calling the move illegal.
"There have already been cases of people being illegally turned away by border officials when trying to request asylum at the U.S. border," Alex Mensing, a spokesperson for Pueblo Sin Fronteras, an immigrant rights group that organized the event, told Newswee
immigrationimpact.com...

It is an egregious, well-documented reality that U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) frequently turns away people seeking asylum along the U.S. southern border. But new evidence presented to a federal district court on Monday shows that CBP’s practice of blocking access to asylum—through the use of misrepresentations about the asylum process, threats, abuse, and coercion—is a systemic problem within the agency, and therefore requires relief for both past and future asylum seekers.
immigrationimpact.com...

This isn't Australia we're talking about.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
So enforcing policies for US citizens is ok with their children being removed is ok but for illegal immigrants is not? This is not about the current administration changing anything but simply enforcing what is there.

Where is Congress on DACA? or DAPA? You know, the illegal EO that the current president could remove with no issue but is asking for a solution.

That's right they are too concerned with Stormy Daniels....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

It's not a paywall, it's plea to whitelist it from ad blockers.

It's a pay wall! I've used up all my free articles for this month. But, no problem because I know the story, and other outlets have published the stories.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join