It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact-checking immigration spin on separating families and 1,500 ‘lost’ children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I hear the Clinton Foundation has safe places for lost kids in Haiti.

this is not a comedy club

what i hear is that there is no justice in the usa

stupid like dirt to take up for a bunch of clowns by pointing out yet another failure of justice they are screwing the country with

your answer to the current justice department failure is to point out other justice department failures

are you hoping all this will go unpunished cause some other crimes went unpunished

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It's Christian hypocrisy that I'm pointing out. Our immigration policies are unamerican and unchristian.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I blame the parents for bringing the children into this enviroment. I also blame them for not changing their country enough that they feel that illegally coming here is beneficial.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
So your cherry picking your details and facts now?? Yeah, that was not expected 😔 yet these horrible policies of tearing children away from their parents as is being said did a better job of keeping track of placed children than the previous policy of keeping g them together. A big reason why this was done was to scale back the number of adults trying to enter with minors who they were unrelated too, which is another inconvenient truth passed on in the OP in favor of a cheap attack and discreet blame. In fact, that may have actually contributed to an increased rate of human trafficking as a result.

No women or lgbt's need a special law for them if they are already covered and protected by existing laws. The only special humans are minor children. Grown adults are covered by a multitude of existing law, and do not need to be biased In to segregated categories because they have a vagina or are gay.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I blame the parents for bringing the children into this enviroment. I also blame them for not changing their country enough that they feel that illegally coming here is beneficial.

i blame you for being ignorrant

nothing personal

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A big reason why this was done was to scale back the number of adults trying to enter with minors who they were unrelated too,

wtf

talking out of your ass

big reason as compared to what?

justifaction of injustice now that is some next level bs

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
The only poo I brought we're facts from your op which you left out, followed up by facts from The AP and CBS. If your calling that poo then you pretty much just shat on your entire op.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

A big reason why this was done was to scale back the number of adults trying to enter with minors who they were unrelated too

Do have a link and some stats on that assertion?

To the rest of your post I say, "Whatever dude". You lack of empathy is not unexpected.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
The only poo I brought we're facts from your op which you left out, followed up by facts from The AP and CBS. If your calling that poo then you pretty much just shat on your entire op.

there was nothing left out of my op...that would be impossible

you must be speaking of the article and actually it was the most total one on the subject i couldfind

get your head out of your rear and understand that separating families without any real need to do so is the definition of terrorism and is punishable by law when the leaders come out and admit they are doing it for intimidation of the nations peoples.

do you understand that no matter who told you or anyone it is ok that in reality it is not ok and it is illegal

pointing to eachother about who started it and who is to blame is childish and helps no one but terrorist

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
By letting these families in all they do is encourage more families to make the same dangerous journey.
Do you know how many women and children are abused by law enforcement, people smugglers, coyotes etc etc on their way to the US to seek asylum?
By encouraging people to land illegally on American soil you are basically advocating human trafficking and rape.

I find it sickening that people will try and play on peoples emotions to make a point, I remember at the start of the European illegal immigrant crisis how to deny these people entry was putting women and children in harms way, it turns out that 90% of all the economic queue jumping migrants were fighting age males!!!

When I looked at their bleeding heart comments and then at the reality I realised that in a roundabout way they were actually being truthful, if all those men were sent back to their countries then the women and children of those countries would very likely suffer as a result.

I agree its horrible for a child to go through any sort of incarceration but I blame the parents, not the Gov and certainly not Trump

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

By encouraging people to land illegally on American soil you are basically advocating human trafficking and rape.

By refusing asylum to these people, turning them back, you're basically advocating for human trafficking and rape!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Apologies. I wasn't aware that you mean it that way and just saw a whataboutism coming up in order to justify the act.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

another idiotic thought for the pile

soon yall will have enough shat to make a statue of your trumpet

perhaps we could use the constitution as a guide to solving this problem?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

By refusing asylum to these people, turning them back, you're basically advocating for human trafficking and rape!

I agree its horrible for a child to go through any sort of incarceration but I blame the parents, not the Gov and certainly not Trump

It’s the latest example of the lengths the Trump administration is willing to go to in order to deter immigrants. US authorities have long viewed detention as a way to send a message to would-be border crossers: Don’t come.
Trump’s deterrence determination, however, stands out in its thoroughness. For example, during the Obama administration there were some scattered cases of family separation, often driven by local decisions, says Katharina Obser, senior policy advisor for migrant rights at the Women’s Refugee Commission, a non-profit advocacy group. Trump “has formalized into policy what is just a cruel and inhumane practice.”
qz.com...

edit on 14-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Actually it is you people advocating for violating our Federal Immigration laws and telling these folks to come on in with your virtue signaling for the globalist agenda to destroy the western world who are "basically advocating for human trafficking and rape"!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
hey border crossers go suffer somewhere else

we are busy having a good ole american circle jerk....

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

"My people" didn't write or change asylum laws. You MUST be on American soil to apply for asylum. That's a fact.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Really?
So when the US decides someone isnt eligible for asylum they just drop them off at the closest border and shoo them away in the opposite direction from America???

I had no idea thats how it was done, me in my stupidity thought that rejected cases were flown to their home country at the cost of the USA. I guess ya learn something new everyday.

If you and people like you actually gave a crap about the suffering of the people in these #hole countries then you would want to help them all and not just the token few million who rock up illegally on your doorstep.
The amount of money and resources spent processing and taking care of these people in the USA could look after magnitudes more in their home country.

In Australia the cost to the taxpayer is over $150,000 per year to look after 1 asylum seeker, do you have any idea how many lives could be changed with that $150k if we spent it at their point of origin?

Unless what your suggesting is that every single person in a 3rd world country or country experiencing war should immediately migrate to the west and be granted asylum your humanitarian premise is extremely flawed.

Once again the leftists are showing that it isnt about reality or whats good for people, its about their virtue signalling how superior they are and thinking that feelings and offence are the be all and end all of any argument

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Add deep state to the list and you'd have all the buzz words in one claqueur reply.

with your virtue signaling for the globalist agenda to destroy the western world

Yeah. Cuz human rights and basic decency are so 'globalist agenda', and the Nazis are a great example on how to counter neocon bollocks with taking babies from their mothers.

Behold! The white rabbit in the flesh.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"

there are no immigration laws that allow for terrorist acts against humans

they are interpreting the laws to fit today's agenda

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join