It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fact-checking immigration spin on separating families and 1,500 ‘lost’ children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... direct=on&utm_term=.3ef1ef5958b1

So, on one hand, the Flores settlement and the TVPRA require that children be released. On the other, Sessions’s zero-tolerance policy subjects any accompanying parents to criminal prosecution and eventual deportation.

It all sounds like kidnapping and intimidation tactics being used like a net with no accountability for personal situations and circumstances.

Completely unamerican and as a whole drags us down.

Sad that we are so divided and dumbed down that we would believe causing more pain and harm is a decent solution to a problem.

I am thinking that even the justice department is not above having criminal charges against them.

a bunch of loser dummies picking on kids i hope you get your rocks off and then go crawl in a hole for the last time....losers

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
www.washingtonpost.com... direct=on&utm_term=.3ef1ef5958b1

So, on one hand, the Flores settlement and the TVPRA require that children be released. On the other, Sessions’s zero-tolerance policy subjects any accompanying parents to criminal prosecution and eventual deportation.

It all sounds like kidnapping and intimidation tactics being used like a net with no accountability for personal situations and circumstances.

Sad that we are so divided and dumbed down that we would believe causing more pain and harm is a decent solution to a problem.

I am thinking that even the justice department is not above having criminal charges against them.

a bunch of loser dummies picking on kids i hope you get your rocks off and then go crawl in a hole for the last time....losers

Children are separated from families everyday and no one says a peep. Go to any court and see a father or mother being imprisoned for various crimes like drug dealing, murder, etc. Should they not go to jail just because a family is being broken up?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

Now they want to put these children in tent cities on military bases! Shameful!

The US Wants To Stick Thousands Of Immigrant Children In Tent Cities At 3 Texas Military Bases taskandpurpose.com...

And, Jeff Sessions, who voted against the Violence Against Women Act, now has narrowed the asylum definitions to disallow domestic abuse as a qualification and gang violence is also now not a qualifier either.

Under these new rules, my father and his family would not have been allowed to seek their refugee status, which was based on persecution from the drug cartels in Columbia. This is just unamerican and unchristian!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

you are really forsaking your name with that comment.

you know damn good and well there is a tremendous difference

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I hear the Clinton Foundation has safe places for lost kids in Haiti.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Women are humans if I am not mistaken, and therefore all other laws that protect humans and criminalize violence against an individual already protect women again violence. Do women now need specific laws to amplify and modify sentencing just because?? Is there a violence against men act??

The 1500 kids were placed with relatives, and after. 30 day follow up those particular families did not return any calls. I also like how the author tried to lay one of the laws on bush in 2008, but does not mention that Democrats had control of Congress, the people who actually wrote the law.

I would like to know, since the author is trying to imply vaguely that somehow these are a result of Trump and Session's immigration policies, I would like to know how many children who were placed with families in the past ten or even twenty years did not return calls and were lost track of. There is a link for them to check those facts, so I will see if they are up for the task.

Double or nothing more kids disappeared under the last administration of anarchy and lawlessness.
I decided to search for myself. According to another source , the HHS did better to account for kids in placement than in 2016. I think we need though a compiled list from at least the last twenty years, or for however long they have been keeping track.
CBS news/AP
edit on 6-14-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i do not think blame is gonna help the kids

responsibility by current admin could

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That depends on how you look at it. The Nazis took the babies from their jewish mothers arms as well, after arriving at the concentration camps.

White heritage, that's what I see. And fascism, of course.

Don't give up!
edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

1,358 CHILDREN AND COUNTING — TRUMP’S “ZERO TOLERANCE” BORDER POLICY IS SEPARATING FAMILIES AT STAGGERING RATES

The War on Immigrants
edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: links, rechts

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The U.S. Is Locking Up Immigrant Children in Private Prisons Under Inhumane Conditions

The message being sent by the U.S. government is that when frightened women and children come to America seeking sanctuary, we will imprison them

Outrageous !

btw THIS WAS FROM 2015

inthesetimes.com...

edit on 6142018 by MetalThunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Do women now need specific laws to amplify and modify sentencing just because??

Just because they are women?

YES!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I would like to know, since the author is trying to imply vaguely that somehow these are a result of Trump and Session's immigration policies

yes those two are in charge of choosing policy at this current time

hiding behind past policies is weak and shameful when using such to create fear and intimidation tactics.

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
noun
the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
"the fight against terrorism"

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

First of all, it's "domestic violence", of which the majority of victims are women and LGBT folks. Domestic violence could include rape, child marriage, and forced marriages in general, culturally enforced beatings and mutilations.

Now, if you agree with Session, and support his "no" vote in the Violence Against Women Act, that's your opinion ans you're welcome to it. You do probably support the Unborn Victims of Violence Act though, I'm guessing.

Secondly, let's not conflate the 1500 children who went missing on the books during the Obama adminstration with the 1000s of children being held in detention centers because they came with their parents, many of whom were merely seeking asylum, which can only be done while standing on American soil.

edit on 14-6-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Sure sounds like you were acting blame with your opening attacks. I say attacks, because that is exactly what it was. I have brought counter facts to your facts. Maybe we should start there??

We do not need to end up like Europe and the civil unrest and terrorism they suffer due to the open borders of the last decade. This is just the cost of maintaining border security. Nobody can save every human on Earth from dire circumstances. It is logistically impossible, yet some people continue to entertain this fantasy that we can.

link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
I hear the Clinton Foundation has safe places for lost kids in Haiti.

Learn the facts on Haiti and the Clinton Foundation first.

link   
The potus has admitted to using terror tactics in these cases in order to create fear at the border

#ing pathetic and any little blind followers will be dragged down with the lot

when you are getting shat on you are supposed to stand up and not follow?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

you brought a handfull of poo to the thread

do not worry i do not take it personal

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

That depends on how you look at it. The Nazis took the babies from their jewish mothers arms as well, after arriving at the concentration camps.

White heritage, that's what I see. And fascism, of course.

Don't give up!

1,358 CHILDREN AND COUNTING — TRUMP’S “ZERO TOLERANCE” BORDER POLICY IS SEPARATING FAMILIES AT STAGGERING RATES

The War on Immigrants

And Christians stole babies too.

Catholic church stole 300.000 babies in Spain
Up to 300,000 Spanish babies were stolen from their parents and sold for adoption by Roman Catholic institutions.
ivarfjeld.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky

you are really forsaking your name with that comment.

you know damn good and well there is a tremendous difference

No there isn't. These people are entering the country ILLEGALLY. The fact they have children is totally irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Well. I'm not going to go full blown Spanish Inquisition on you for that sad excuse of a whataboutism, we're in different times by now. The crown of Aragon and Castille has no bearing on your policies whatsoever, or does it?
edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

These people are entering the country ILLEGALLY.

There is no other way to apply for asylum.

The fact they have children is totally irrelevant.

No, it isn't. They are coming as families seeking assylum.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join