It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politics this politics that, so boring

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So one must have a resume to have an opinion on how the forums are going? Unless you have authored 249 threads, have 234053 posts, 4 million stars, and 7219 flags your input is to be shunned, mocked and ridiculed?

What a load of wank.

Not everyone contributes to forums, but they take from it in learning and information. And lately the new page, has been 100% two sided threads.. those on the "Look what the left say now!" and the "Look what Trump did now!" sides. And YES it is god damned boring.

Should we just make a thread stating "I like UFOs. Anyone got any good UFO stories?" and expect it to be of any merit? That's what you're saying.

"You don't even post, so your opinion of things, doesn't even matter noob."

No. Not all of us make threads or have been here long, but that doesn't mean we don't notice the complete infusion of politics in every damn thread. Even ones not political, someone has to "Well that's the Trump era for you." and offer little.

I think it is rather odd, that so many have jumped on OP here, having a go at his daring to state an opinion on things about the forums, while they themselves, have done not much else than contribute to the political side of things, and not the ethos of what the entirety of the forums are intended.

Oh and "Be the change you want to see or shut tf up!" comments... You're the first to be in a thread about a pic, or a story, and denounce it as hogwash, being the bastions of all things, due to .. you know, your post count, thread count, stars and flags.

Shameful.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

ATS is user-generated content, and threads don’t create themselves. So yes, it is on the OP and people like the OP to keep any non-political aspects of this site alive, and they are failing miserably at it.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: WarriorMH

If you need a break where there are no politics, you can always visit The Shed. We are up to The Shed 19 now and have been around for 4 years now. The link will lead you to page one and you can go to the last page where we are up to at the moment. It's sort of a chit chat and story telling thread, but we discuss all kinds of things and have a lot of fun. We also support one another throughout our struggles and life journey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

If you need a break where there are no politics, you can always visit The Shed. We are up to The Shed 19 now and have been around for 4 years now. The link will lead you to page one and you can go to the last page where we are up to at the moment. It's sort of a chit chat and story telling thread, but we discuss all kinds of things and have a lot of fun. We also support one another throughout our struggles and life journey.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you, i will definitely check it out

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I miss the ability to hide forums on the main page. I never use to see politics or religion and it was great. I wish they would bring that back. Sure you can go to each forum but that is a pain! I would rather not see politics.....EVER.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Your whopping 320 posts, 21 flags, 418 stars and ATS score of a staggering 3 screams volumes about your contributions here, yet you complain.

I already explained the reasons why i don't contribute as much as i would like

You do have a choice you know, you can choose to not read political threads as there are many. You can choose to contribute non-political threads, but you don't. You can even choose to leave if you wish. It's your choice.

My choice is to raise my voice and bring up the issue instead of silently ignore it and let the site go down, i may not be able to contribute very interesting things but at least i can try to talk about the problem instead of just chose not to read and chose to look away while the site quality goes down day by day

Interesting though that you don't see politics in the modern day and age as the biggest conspiracy of all, and after all, this IS a conspiracy site.

Talking about 'he's so great/he's so bad' and 'he said/she said' is how you explore the biggest conspiracy of all?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But you see this is a perfect example of what i was saying, you have good content on your reply. I have to admit i don't know much about that 2008 problem as i wasn't even aware of what was going on back then
but now i have several things to read about and i'll be learning a lot from it thanks to your post

This is very different than posting stuff just blindly hating/loving Trump or Obama or whoever else. Intelligent conversation is fine, it makes great reading stuff, insults and just name calling and throwing sticks and rocks to the ones across the river is not nice, it is boring and tiring

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I firmly disagree.

We are doing quite fine despite the inundation of politically, hyper-obsessed morons and their drivel.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I firmly disagree.

We are doing quite fine despite the inundation of politically, hyper-obsessed morons and their drivel.

Maybe, maybe not
I can see threads more like this one, also people saying they are leaving because of this exact issue

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Isn't Trump the epitome personality politics?

posted on Jun, 25 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Isn't Trump the epitome personality politics?

The media has made him so which is ironic considering hes the only politician I can think of thats actually trying to keep election promises.

But yes my first couple of posts in this thread were meant to be ironic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join