It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scream in Ohio Players Song

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
In the song Love Rollercoaster you can hear a womans scream in the song.The story behind that is a model was doin a pose for the album cover,she had her legs on a jar with honey drippin on it,The jar was made of fiber glass and made a chemical reaction with the honey bindin her legs to the jar.Rippin the skin off her legs she ran into the Ohio Players room durin the recordin of Love Rollercoaster and was threatin to sue.The band manager stabbed the woman to death right outside the recordin booth.

www.jkcinema.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wouldnt they re-record the song to remove it??
Ive seen that flash movie and its quiet freaky.
To me the scream sounds in place with the song and scream itself does not sound like a scream of pain.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How would honey make a chemical reaction with fiberglass?
Doesn't make any sence...

Edit: See this link...

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 19/2/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vowles
Wouldnt they re-record the song to remove it??
Ive seen that flash movie and its quiet freaky.
To me the scream sounds in place with the song and scream itself does not sound like a scream of pain.

i think they left the scream in as some kind of tribute to the woman

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Cool Urban Legend, but not true:

www.snopes.com...

Origins: It's a metaphor: love as a roller coaster ride. Both involve their fair share of screaming, so when the Ohio Players recorded their 1975 hit "Love Rollercoaster," they naturally incorporated a real scream into the track. In the 1970s you couldn't just do something like that simply because it made sense, though, so it wasn't long before wildly improbable stories about the origin of the scream began to circulate by word of mouth, aided by an army of disk jockeys eager to pass along a juicy (if apocryphal) anecdote.

top topics

join