It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanic Messages in Led Zeppelin Song Stairway to Heaven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In the song Stairway to Heaven by rock band Led Zeppelin you can hear satanic messages in it if you play it backwards.Messages such as "heres to my sweet satan" "one whos path who would make me so sad" "made us suffer sadly" and "666" Pretty strange for such messages in a song called stairway to heaven.

to see the video for this click this link jkcinema

mod edit: link shortened with bbcode

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why would anyone play it backwards, I wonder?

I happen to love this song and taught it to myself on acoustic guitar when I was 19. I still play it acoustically today at the age of 48, only, now I play it on a 12 string with mandolin or violin accompanied.

I am not a satanist. I love this song. I hope that others will not see me as satanist by playing this song that I love so well.

Oh, well...it's their problem if they do. It is a beautiful song.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Its not the point of listening to it backwards... its for people who rewind songs while you can still hear it.. your subconcious will pick it up even when you wouldn't be aware of it.... Haven't you ever rewound a song to get to a certain part or something similar? sometimes its interesting to do with some of your own work.. if you write poetry.. it may startle you .. lol

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Here is the clip you're talking about

www.albinoblacksheep.com...

If you listen without knowing what is claimed it says, you wouldn't hear the same thing I don't think.
There are so many rumors about Zeps, especially Jimmy Page's dabbling in satanism. It was all bunk...Just like the Paul is dead thing with the Beatles.
"I buried Paul" for example is really cranberry sauce...

As a musician and recording engineer IMHO there is no way they could have done that purposely. You could record a vocal line play it back reversed to see what it said, but that would take for ever to get right.
Most of the Zep albums were recorded quickly between tour dates, they had no time for such dabling....

(edited for speeling)

[edit on 19/2/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This very topic has been discussed at length on at least one other thread. Here's the most recent:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
nevermind

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Amuk]

I'll bet it was good, tho!

Seriously, our minds don't work like that. Your subconscious doesn't take information and play it backwards looking for hidden messages. Stairway didn't mean a thing when it was written, according to Zep, though it does for me. A lot of people attack Zep because they're one of the greatest bands ever (IMO) and revolutionized the music scene. They created that devil's music, rock and roll. Sorry, I don't buy that loud noises and rhythems mean you're doing the devil's work. It is the message presented to you, face value, that can lead to evil. The only people you're going to influence if you put a message into your songs in reverse are the people that still have record players and play their music backwards looking for hidden messages.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I like listening to it backwards........................here's to my sweet satan. Though this site is better, www3.telus.net...

[edit on 19-2-2005 by Caldron of Hate]

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the following thread.

Stairway to Heaven ... Or not?

I'm sorry but I will need to close this one.

Closing

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidian468
This very topic has been discussed at length on at least one other thread. Here's the most recent:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please post any additonal comments and questions in the previously exisiting discussion, linked above. Also
ATS Site search results

closing thread

top topics

join