It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat House candidate gets pepper sprayed in the face

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not to mention that for people who have served in the military civilian pepper spray is just aerosol seasoning for a bbq.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Public demonstration of delusion. Media outlets are going to get paid to run it.

Does he have a history of eating detergent pods? Or has he been sneaking the cotton candy from the attic?

Whole kindergarten classes will be rolling on the floor laughing at him for thinking pepper spray could stop a bullet. Dude, pepper spray is not a superpower!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

A moat is useless without a fully functioning DRAWBRIDGE!!!

DUDE

A drawbridge

F yeah bro. You heard right. Drawbridge.

I think they're getting a drawbridge bro!!!

What's going on? Did I black out again?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perhaps he should start comparing apples to apples and shoot himself in the face to show how effective it is.

Where do the Dems find these candidates... local mental ward?

/facepalm

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Joe Biden.... The whole "I promise you, all you need is a shot gun"...

edit on 14-6-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Can we do Pelosi, and maybe Schumer next?
edit on 14-6-2018 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: highvein

A moat is useless without a fully functioning DRAWBRIDGE!!!

DUDE

A drawbridge

F yeah bro. You heard right. Drawbridge.

I think they're getting a drawbridge bro!!!

What's going on? Did I black out again?

Yeah I don't know. I was thinking the kids could use those boat shoes to get across, but that seems silly compare to your idea of a drawbridge. Or maybe make the moat small enough for them to just jump over it? Naw....then the bad guys could do the same thing. Unless....unless they put a retractable electric fence in the moat. That should stop the bad guys.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Maybe these progressive, enlightened Dems can demonstrate on themselves what it's like to get shot with a gun next.

Oops did I just type that out loud

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I want to see this idiot testing taser guns on him.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I think kicking some ome in the balls could be an effective way to stop an attacker. I think it be a good idea for him to try this as well. And on the plus side maybe we can make rhis idiot sterile so he doesnt pass along those genes.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
He should have kept his head in the bucket of water several minutes longer. Maybe he can water board himself next. Who in their right mind is putting their head in water bucketfor a political ad?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: mugger
He should have kept his head in the bucket of water several minutes longer. Maybe he can water board himself next. Who in their right mind is putting their head in water bucketfor a political ad?

I think you may have explained this ad. Only someone with a lack of oxygen to the brain would think this was a good idea. He just destroyed any chance of winning his political oponents must be overjoyed. What amazes me the most is no one on his team told him how stupid this was. This tells me hes either surrounded by idiots or he to stubburn to take advice. Either way not someone you want runnimg rhe country.
edit on 6/14/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I will give him credit for being sprayed.

But its not a good idea. in order to be certified to carry pepper spray and tasers MPs have to get both. The pepper spray training consists of being sprayed from ear to ear with eyes closed, blinking for about 10 seconds and then going through a course where you deliver baton strikes at several stations, and then drawing a weapon, issuing commands, and cuffing someone. It takes about 3 minutes. Here is video.skip to 2:10 to see the pepper spray course..
youtu.be...
Now, if someone is shooting and they got sprayed in the face, they would definitely be able to shoot people for the next few minutes, which is usually how long these events go on for anyway.
Also why would you have pepper spray behind glass? Just let teachers carry it on there belts if they are going to have it. This is just really a half assed half measure.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Yes he did. He got pepper sprayed to make a point about guns in classrooms !!

He says this is better than guns.

Great campaign ad !! 😃

Dem House candidate gets pepper sprayed in the face in campaign ad

A progressive House candidate in Colorado has released a campaign ad in which he gets pepper sprayed in the face as part of his call to combat violence in schools.

In the ad, posted last week, Levi Tillemann criticizes President Trump’s plan to arm teachers and school officials with firearms as a way to combat potential school shooters.

“I’m calling on Congress to stop talking past each other and try something new,” Tilleman says in the ad. “Empower schools and teachers with non-lethal self-defense tools, like this can of pepper spray.”

"This Will Save Lives -- Levi for Colorado"
gotta be a better way !

Yup.
Clearly this idiot is electable material.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Darwinism at work.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
The Joe Biden.... The whole "I promise you, all you need is a shot gun"...

The only thing that's more awesome than an AR-15 Is T&A and an AR-15.

What's not fun about that?
edit on 14-6-2018 by MteWamp because: 1

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   

All I will say about this, is that the moment this fellow publicised his thinking on the matter, he invalidated his thinking on the matter. Pepper spray and other non-lethal methods of dealing with threat, only work when they are a surprise, when the offending person is not expecting them. If you expect a tazer shot, you look out for it and have a chance to avoid it, same with pepper spray.

Only if these things were deployed entirely secretly in places where they would be useful, and if innovative means of deployment (for example, remotely triggered emplacements in doorways and choke points) can be thought up and added to a school or other facilities infrastructure, where they will be a shock to an invader, will they work. But if potential offenders know that the chances are that a facility under assault will use these means for self defence, they can develop solutions, like purchasing masks to prevent pepper spray getting into their eyes, or some sort of baffle suit to protect against taser shots.

And now that the thought is out there, the NEXT solution will have to be thought up. My only hope is that the only people who hear about it, outside of the halls of power, are the staff of the buildings deploying these measures, because if those defence techniques become public, it will render them ineffective against the worst case scenarios that they are supposed to be deployed in.
edit on 14-6-2018 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think its a great idea, every single class room should have a fire-hydrant of pepper spary under the teachers desk and near the door

ok, it wont stop a bullet, but it will stop him if you hide around a corner and surprise him.. you know, when he's going in and out of rooms and shooting people!!!

Its a first step.. hell, its 'a' step!!!

just do something until it happens again!

edit on 14/6/18 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   

pepper spray could turn an enclosed space (a class room), into a room full of visually impaired victims

But guns in an enclosed space won't make victims??

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
In Liberal world a can of chemical irritants can defeat lead flying at supersonic speeds.
Superior even to their national debt reduction methods.
edit on 14-6-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join