It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal to split California into three states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There is apparently a proposal coming in November to split California into three states. And the people of California have gotten signature to put this on the ballot.

www.yahoo.com/gma/propo sal-split-california-three-states-makes-november-ballot-085603479--abc-news-topstories.html

I mean if this passes I could see other states doing this. I remember an eerie prediction my Uncle told me, that he thought one day or in the future that we as the United states will balkanize and separate into regions.

Wow

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

The constitution clearly states that no new state can be formed from an existing state without a unanimous consensus from even the states boardering the states..

There is zero chance there is ever a unanimous consensus on anything ever..

It took the civil war to split them previously.
edit on 13-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Well, I'm interested, but the Bay Area being part of Northern California? Hmmmm....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Oh and both the congress and the senate would have to agree.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kyleplatinum

The Bay Area is already part of Northern California. So that wouldn't change.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

The Bay Area is already part of Northern California. So that wouldn't change.

I get that, but the Bay Area should be included in the south or California.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What's your reasoning for that?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
can we split North and new Calie into the sea...and keep the productive thought provoked people of the proposed south calie?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Better idea...….saw it loose and kick it adrift into the Pacific.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Better idea...….saw it loose and kick it adrift into the Pacific. DOUBLE POST.
edit on 13-6-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

Sounds great. I've always wanted to live on an island You can kick out all the 'libtards' from your State and have them come to Cali Island.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The constitution clearly states that no new state can be formed from an existing state without a unanimous consensus from even the states boardering the states.

What the constitution says:

Section 3

1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

2: The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
The constitution clearly states that no new state can be formed from an existing state without a unanimous consensus from even the states boardering the states..

No it doesn't:

Section 3

1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

2: The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yeah you are right to add a state yeah I forgot about that. I thought it was more 10th amendment and the state could succeed.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

He's not right, see my post and the one above that.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

oh okay my bad. haha.

top topics

join