It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War! Trump has Declared War!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: intrepid

The purpose of the news and press is to keep politicians honest, keep the people informed and be champions of the truth. Unfortunately it has become just as corrupt as the crooked politicians it was partially meant to police.

You want to quote the 1st amendment to protect them doing whatever they wish regardless of the outcome and whether it even vaguely represents or comes close to the medias original purpose.

So what are we left with as options? The corrupt government officials control and are protected by the law, the corrupt media are likewise protected by the law.

Are we supposed to just sit here and accept all the lying, meddling and bull# these people do to # up our lives and destroy our way of life for their personal benefit?

Truth. I wrote about this in this thread. Right now, the media themselves are the biggest danger to freedom of the press, by repeatedly destroying their own credibility.

If that's the case too bad it's not covered by the Constitution.

Yeah the Constitution contains no protection for the media from itself, they're supposed to exercise some sense of responsibility, which comes with all our freedoms. If they're not doing that, it's up to us to hold them accountable. Right now the only way we can do that is to stop watching/reading and cost them money, which seems to be all they care about anymore. The way some people regard them as defenders of democracy at this point is a joke.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I can't believe some of what I'm reading here. Folks that are vocal 2nd Amendment supporters, as it protects all other Amendments, are OK with attacking the 1st. Makes no sense at all. If Obama had gone after Fox it would have been...

If ya'll are saying that this is "all part of Trump's plan", that plan is selling out the Constitution. Why aren't you guys seeing this?

As someone from Canada I don't expect you to understand this. Let me try and explain it in a way you will understand. This isn't an attack on free speech it's an attack on deep state propaganda. I get it you believe everything you see on TV... But we don't and when your free speech is akin to yelling fire in a crowded theater then you probably shouldn't have that right.

Get it?
Probably not...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

I can't believe some of what I'm reading here. Folks that are vocal 2nd Amendment supporters, as it protects all other Amendments, are OK with attacking the 1st. Makes no sense at all. If Obama had gone after Fox it would have been...

If ya'll are saying that this is "all part of Trump's plan", that plan is selling out the Constitution. Why aren't you guys seeing this?

As someone from Canada I don't expect you to understand this.

Don't you guys have a better reply than that? It's getting old.

This isn't an attack on free speech it's an attack on deep state propaganda.

You can call it what you want but it's still "the press". Covered by the 1st.

I get it you believe everything you see on TV...

I don't watch TV during the NFL off season.

But we don't and when your free speech is akin to yelling fire in a crowded theater then you probably shouldn't have that right.

Despite your limp analogy they DO have that right whether you like it or not.

Get it?
Probably not...

#ing arrogant Americans. Jeez.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

I didn't even notice this post of his. Apparently he wasn't told about the time Obama went after Fox.

How do people still not know about this stuff 5 years later and think their news sources are serving them well?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Trump shouldn't do anything to restrict the freedom of the press, and he should leave them be, but he sure as hell should remove them from the White House press corp. Give their seats to lesser-known, but more truthful news agencies. Why should he continue to allow them in when they don't report any truth that comes out of the briefings. They twist and spin everything and they are nothing more than National Enquirers of broadcast news.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Agreed. Fox spins every thing.

JK, I stand firmly in support of the freedom of the press.

edit on 6/14/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Trump shouldn't do anything to restrict the freedom of the press, and he should leave them be, but he sure as hell should remove them from the White House press corp. Give their seats to lesser-known, but more truthful news agencies. Why should he continue to allow them in when they don't report any truth that comes out of the briefings. They twist and spin everything and they are nothing more than National Enquirers of broadcast news.

He hasn't done anything to restrict freedom of the press, so I'm fine with the rest of this.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

That perception of the deep state is so twisted... it's like calling the Moon our Sun, with all it's fire and fury. You can shoot the messenger all day long, but that wont make the MIC behind the MSM disappear either.

Your mental acrobartics are a clear attack on the human intelligence. Congrats, I guess?
edit on 14-6-2018 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

He hasn't done anything to restrict freedom of the press, so I'm fine with the rest of this.

I just can't believe he hasn't x'd em out by now. He has a much higher tolerance for bull# level than I do.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
You guys are being totally naive. Trump only calls the leftist mainstream "fake news". He never calls out FOX news. Trump clearly thinks FAKE news is anything that is against his administration.

If you think fake news is just the mainstream left then YOU are being played.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
You guys are being totally naive. Trump only calls the leftist mainstream "fake news". He never calls out FOX news. Trump clearly thinks FAKE news is anything that is against his administration.

Except half of Fox's coverage of Trump is negative, according to Harvard. Maybe he doesn't call it fake news because it's balanced.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Except half of Fox's coverage of Trump is negative, according to Harvard. Maybe he doesn't call it fake news because it's balanced.

Nonsense. Fox News is purely pro republican. Anything but balanced. I'm sorry you need to make things up to defend trump but trump clearly has an extreme bias when it comes to fake news.

If CNN is fake news, then so is FOX. Unless you've drank so much republican kook aid that you can't tell left from right anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Nonsense. Fox News is purely pro republican. Anything but balanced. I'm sorry you need to make things up to defend trump but trump clearly has an extreme bias when it comes to fake news.

If CNN is fake news, then so is FOX. Unless you've drank so much republican kook aid that you can't tell left from right anymore.

I didn't make it up, the alt-right Nazis at Harvard did.

Chicago Tribune

And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

I know your masters told you Fox is 100% pro-Trump, but that's a lie. Occasionally you may put Hannity on for a few minutes to get a dose of confirmation bias. This may come as a shock to you, but Hannity isn't a journalist and he's not on 24/7. There are a number of anchors at Fox that despise Trump. Anchors, not just pundits they have on for 5-minute segments, which is the only dissenting opinion you hear at other networks. Shephard Smith loathes Trump and blasts him all the time. He has his own show, AND he is the managing editor of breaking news at Fox. He decides what stories they cover during the day.

You've been lied to, again.
edit on 14 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wait. What? Don called Fox-News enemy of the people and all that? Don't say so!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

They are pro republican. Pro-right. They have a narrative and lied, misled, and minipulated many times. Your one statistic showing 48% negative is the first 100 days of trump. Not the the last 10 years of republican coverage.

Only a fool watches FOX and believes it doesn't have an agenda. It just blows my mind that so many on ATS think FOX isn't a bias mainstream network like MSNBC.. The level of blindness here...

Come on, let's see the "balanced" clips of FOX news criticizing the Republican Party and going against the grain..I can show tons of clips of Fox outright lying and distorting stories in favor of a right-wing view.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Sigh. And I thought that "patriot" was going to go down as the most over used and most improperly used word of the 2000's. Turns out "fake news" is going to give it a good fight.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

They are pro republican. Pro-right. They have a narrative and lied, misled, and minipulated many times. Your one statistic showing 48% negative is the first 100 days of trump. Not the the last 10 years of republican coverage.

Only a fool watches FOX and believes it doesn't have an agenda. It just blows my mind that so many on ATS think FOX isn't a bias mainstream network like MSNBC.. The level of blindness here...

Come on, let's see the "balanced" clips of FOX news criticizing the Republican Party and going against the grain..I can show tons of clips of Fox outright lying and distorting stories in favor of a right-wing view.

That's some fine goalpost moving. Your original claim was about Trump, not Republicans in general. Fox is right-leaning, for sure, and every other major news network is left-leaning. But he gets plenty of negative coverage on Fox. You've been lied to. Now you've been corrected.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart
Silencing truth is bad. Allowing fabricated stories to further an agenda needs prosecution.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: carewemust
I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

This sounds awfully authoritarian.

Nope it sounds like a deceleration of war for which there is a mountain of evidence to justify

Dont worry we will be kind to you in the history books and say you put up a decent fight

Moving on...

No quarters for traitors and treason

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

originally posted by: carewemust
I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

This sounds awfully authoritarian.

Nope it sounds like a deceleration of war for which there is a mountain of evidence to justify

Dont worry we will be kind to you in the history books and say you put up a decent fight

Moving on...

No quarters for traitors and treason

People who champion authoritarianism aren't bright enough to read, much less write.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join