It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War! Trump has Declared War!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I'd love to see an Executive Order silencing the press or any member of the press

Then you are a traitor, and he can't do that anyways, he has no authority over them and it's unconstitutional.

Every day you people hit a new low and make American the laughingstock of the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
So when a President lies over and over and over and over and over again.. it's ok. If a news network makes a mistake, it's "fake news" and they should be punished? Huh. While I am sure CNN as well as Fox have reported false information (as do all MSM sources), Donald "Nano-Skinned" Trump can't handle negative press, and always attacks back.

Some of you act like ONLY positive-spin stories regarding Trump should be allowed. And that IS authoritarian. It's amazing how hard many cling to how the 2nd amendment should be utterly and completely untouchable, but.. the 1st amendment is fair game.. if it benefits your guy.

Unless you actually believe Trump is literally perfect.. the best President in the history of the United States. And I sort of have a feeling some of you actually believe that laughable premise.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   
All President Trump needs to do is "make an example" of CNN by putting it through government-grinder hell, until Harvey Weinstein's buddy (Jeff Zucker) cries "UNCLE!", and directs his company to stop being anti-America.

The others will then fall in line...or face the same punishment.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

You want Trump to punish CNN for being critical of him... Wow....

You actually want to use authority to shut down the voice of opposition, that's sad, really sad...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

You want Trump to punish CNN for being critical of him... Wow....

You actually want to use authority to shut down the voice of opposition, that's sad, really sad...

Its pathetic really, and the ironic part?

2 out of every 3 political threads on this board is full of tools ranting about "the evil authoritarian left".

But this post?

Cricket cricket cricket.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AScrubWhoDied

It really shows us just how far gone some people are...

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: nwtrucker

IN point of fact, Trucker I do NOT know it. I disagree with you completely.

I might cop to what is likely true that he doesn't really understand what the COnstitution is or what it means ... aside from a verbal prop for him to use in his speeches ... but no, Trump is not a protector of the Constitution (which is one of my biggest issues with him.)

He does not have a right to threaten the American Press. He has done so, and he continues to do so by labelling them the enemies of the American people when at worst they are his personal enemies.

When a person takes that Oath of Office until their term is over ... they are the American Head of State at all times 24/7.

As to the rest ... anyone who cares can read what was said above, and trust me, buddy, I don't have much respect for your abilities either.

I take your last as a compliment. You can be assured of that.

In my view Trump has an obligation to articulate any enemy of the United States of America. Internal or external. An agenda driven Media, no matter which side it proposes to support, which passes from mere opinion and invents falsehoods in no asset to this nation.

Lest you forget, this has been going on far longer than Trump's administration. Right back at least to Reagan. Yes, the media has taken it further than ever and Trump has every right to respond, criticize and retaliate.

I say it's well overdue. I'm not saying taking action that violates the Constitution, but if by his pulpit, he can cause loss of ratings and therefore profit. Fair game. The shoe is on the other foot. Completely within the limits of the Constitution.

Don't like it? Vote him out.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You should re-familiarize yourself with these words:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"The Press" = 6 billionaires

Sounds a little different when you read it that way...

"The 6 billionaires shall not be interfered with"
edit on 6/14/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
HAPPY 72nd BIRTHDAY Mr. PRESIDENT!

Great Job You're Doing!!

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I don't use twitter, I'm not sixteen, but can you just post on his wall?

Can someone call him out for his fake outrage and get a comment on his position with the smith-mundt and Clinton media issues?

Ask him why he isn't reversing the bad EO's instead of flaming the fires in the wrlds biggest soap opera?

For those who still do not understand why President Trump tweets: He does this so the American people can hear his untwisted words by the media. He is communicating with the American people and not with the media. Twitter gives him a way to circumvent the reporters and media.

It is that simple.

If you do not want to read his Twitter messages...... then don't.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 04:28 AM
link   
If you look closely at all media it is opinion based and not based on facts. Listen how most of them speak....."It is my opinion".....or "I think" very few speak facts.....only opinions....and this is a large part of fake news.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He has practically signed an EO right on Twitter !!

Sure.

And we could find the declaration of war somewhere in your hat, right next to the white rabbit you guys call Q.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I stated on jan 20 2016 that Trump should pull their WH pass for failing to retain journalistic integrity. Give it to a better news org with more fact, like the onion.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You too sweety.
Big grin on my face right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

if america loses allies it will have nothing to do with CNN or NBC or other media , it will be because of americas own policies and actions !

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

In your view, it's not illegal if the President does it?

Yeah, no.

It doesn't matter whether you (or Mr. Trump) like what the Press has to say. It doesn't matter if you think it's truthful or not.

As I've said, there are legal remedies against libel if that were really the concern here.

Of course, it's not.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Of course he's going to war against the free press. That's what dictators do.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Funny you should mention that ...

It is the press, above all, which wages a positively fanatical and slanderous struggle, tearing down everything which can be regarded as a support of national independence, cultural elevation, and the economic independence of the nation.

Adolf Hitler

“All over the world, wherever there are capitalists, freedom of the press means freedom to buy up newspapers, to buy writers, to bribe, buy and fake "public opinion" for the benefit of the bourgeoisie.”

Vladimir Lenin

The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

Donald Trump

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Who here remembers scoopgate where at a dinner Trump had 2 scoops of ice cram most of other guests had one scoop and his veep had a fruit cup out the horror how dare he? Sure it's bullcrap the media is all biased trying to push the agenda of the jackasses they are paid by.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

In your view, it's not illegal if the President does it?

Yeah, no.

It doesn't matter whether you (or Mr. Trump) like what the Press has to say. It doesn't matter if you think it's truthful or not.

As I've said, there are legal remedies against libel if that were really the concern here.

Of course, it's not.

Actually, If my understanding is correct, there aren't legal remedies for a President. I can't recall the where or when I read it, a long time ago though, The President cannot take legal action or sue for criticism directed at him. ( I support that if it is correct, by the way.)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join