It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War! Trump has Declared War!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

So you made a false claim.

Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Double Post

link   

edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Another double post

link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Well turn the volume down, siwwy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Fair enough.

Bull#. Not unlike your last thread....now I see why you don't do them.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Fair enough.

Trucker ... our conversation here is right above us.

I made a comment about Trump's attacks on the Constitution particularly freedom of the press.

You did the whataboutism crapola that Trumpers love so much and tried to say that Pelosi and the Democrats do the same things.

I called you on that, then you tried to weasel and side step and claim that Trump hasn't made any attacks ...

You're doing anything you can to try to avoid the fact: you made a claim you can't back up.

It happens, dude. Move on ... go slam a liberal or something.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The US mainstream media has certain rights.

None of these rights include dictating or manipulating domestic or foreign policy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

None of these rights include dictating or manipulating domestic or foreign policy.

How would the press/media dictate domestic or foreign policy?

As far as the manipulation ... perhaps you've heard of a man called Hearst?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
for that matter ...

Some quotes from Thomas Jefferson:

The most effectual engines for [pacifying a nation] are the public papers... [A despotic] government always [keeps] a kind of standing army of newswriters who, without any regard to truth or to what should be like truth, [invent] and put into the papers whatever might serve the ministers. This suffices with the mass of the people who have no means of distinguishing the false from the true paragraphs of a newspaper.”

and ...

I deplore... the putrid state into which our newspapers have passed and the malignity, the vulgarity, and mendacious spirit of those who write for them... These ordures are rapidly depraving the public taste and lessening its relish for sound food.”

and ...

Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.

Source

Now, compare that with ...

We report ... you decide.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Maybe by verbally manipulating weak and susceptible elected Democrat politicians?

🎀🤷

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

By deliberately lying.

As far as the manipulation ... perhaps you've heard of a man called Hearst?

So the media has a right to manipulate the public?

Hmf.

Yeah. I guess they do. I guess if the media really wants to, they can say any damn thing they please.

I rescind my previous statement. I stand corrected.

I guess the media can say and do anything they want, really.

If I'm going to be a proponent for free expression, I'd be a hypocrite to say otherwise.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It would seem in the second two quotes, Jefferson was expressing identical opinion to Trump, albeit with that classic 1700's wordsmith eloquence seldom seen today.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Fair enough.

Trucker ... our conversation here is right above us.

I made a comment about Trump's attacks on the Constitution particularly freedom of the press.

You did the whataboutism crapola that Trumpers love so much and tried to say that Pelosi and the Democrats do the same things.

I called you on that, then you tried to weasel and side step and claim that Trump hasn't made any attacks ...

You're doing anything you can to try to avoid the fact: you made a claim you can't back up.

It happens, dude. Move on ... go slam a liberal or something.

First of all Trump has done nothing 'against the Constitution'. You know it and I know it. Nothing. So I point out, that he has the individual right, as a man, his first amendment right, to call out the media. You say he's the President. I say so are others like Pelosi, in elected positions who criticize on the left. You responded, In Pelosi's case when did she criticize the media? An obvious dumb ass question and you know it. More deflection, more 'weaseling'. It has nothing to do with the media as he hasn't done anything unconstitutional. Then his comments are no different than any other elected official. Simple

By the way, your not even very good at weaseling out of a point.

edit on 13-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It would seem in the second two quotes, Jefferson was expressing identical opinion to Trump, albeit with that classic 1700's wordsmith eloquence seldom seen today.

Nope. He [Jefferson] didn't threaten the press. In fact, around those quotes he explains just how important the Press is, even with his discontent.

Trump has flat out threatened the American Press multiple times. There's just no way around that.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

IN point of fact, Trucker I do NOT know it. I disagree with you completely.

I might cop to what is likely true that he doesn't really understand what the COnstitution is or what it means ... aside from a verbal prop for him to use in his speeches ... but no, Trump is not a protector of the Constitution (which is one of my biggest issues with him.)

He does not have a right to threaten the American Press. He has done so, and he continues to do so by labelling them the enemies of the American people when at worst they are his personal enemies.

When a person takes that Oath of Office until their term is over ... they are the American Head of State at all times 24/7.

As to the rest ... anyone who cares can read what was said above, and trust me, buddy, I don't have much respect for your abilities either.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
As far as the moaning platitudes that "the Press is lying" ... why doesn't Trump bring these individuals or groups to court with libel and slander?

We have laws against the Press lying ... if they are, let them be charged.

As long as we charge every individual and outlet that regularly lie ... eh?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

LOL, a disservice was done to your argument when Trump calling out "Fake News" was initially called an attack against the media and treated by them as a direct threat.

www.theguardian.com...

“On February 17, the president said the news media is the enemy of the American people. The news media is the enemy of the American people,” McRaven said, according to a video of the speech the University of Texas made available to the Guardian.

“This sentiment may be the greatest threat to democracy in my lifetime, this sentiment,” McRaven said to applause.

This was well before any "challenge their licenses" came up from Trump. It was in the midst of him simply calling them Fake News and saying they were enemies of the People. Tell me, and do so with some degree of honesty, that this "greatest threat to Democracy" didn't run almost perfectly parallel to the words and opinions of American Democracy's greatest architect, Thomas Jefferson.

It's all hyperbolic horsesnip, all of it. This poses no threat to the free press, partially because there is no free press left in America to threaten. There's a corporate media hegemony that pushes a narrative and brings out the claws and fangs if anyone dares question their crap from a position of any sort of authority or voice. The other reason it poses no threat is that nothing Trump has suggested has gone beyond the thinking aloud phase. Even if he was to attempt to pull licenses over this, it would take an act of Congress to make it happen.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Not a disservice to any argument I've made at all Mr. Burdman. Indeed, the POTUS is not just another citizen.

When he, in his official capacity (and his Twitter is an official channel for Presidential statements) categorizes a group or individuals as Enemies of the United States ... that's not like the rhetoric that you or I might sling about ... it's deadly serious.

Further, you know and I know he's gone waaay beyond the Fake News garbage, threatening to change libel laws (before someone told him the Prez doesn't have that kind of power), revoke licenses, etc.

Everything I say here is honest bud. I've pointed out to you the very blatant difference between what Jefferson said and what Trump said. Perhaps you'll quote where I've called Trump the "greatest threat to Democracy" ... speaking of honesty?

No, it's not hyperbolic. You're okay with your guy in the White House threatening those he perceives as his political enemies with the power of his Office that he holds in the name of We the People. I'm not.

Tell me, did you apply the same bending-over-your-own-back logic to the words of other Presidents?

Seems to me I remember you taking the things they said VERY SERIOUSLY.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Depravity and desperation drives the Liberal "news"
Leave em alone.
They are collapsing and in that collapse , showing the mindset (oxymoron or paradox ?) of the Liberal left in the US
Question is, what is rising to take its place?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
1. No. We got by that on the skin of our teeth thank God.

2. Trump!

3. The point of his post was that Trump is no where near what Obama was. Obama actually took action again media. Trump is just pointing out what's what.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join