It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War! Trump has Declared War!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The problem is that Trump's tweets don't address the real problem. You can't just call out CNN and NBC. It's the media conglomerates that got us to this point. He should call for a journalistic reform in America that starts with breaking up the media giants. He should also encourage professional journalists to do their part to get the house in order. It's kind of like moderate Muslims not denouncing the extremists. The same goes for journalists. They should denounce the bad actors. MSM doesn't report news anymore. They talk about what they think and skip the fact finding part. That's hard work after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Congress also has oversight of the Department of Justice. When Congress ask for documents, the Department of Justice is supposed to deliver them. If they don't want to play by the rules at the doj, nobody else has to either. All gloves come off.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Your whataboutism doesn't excuse you from calling for Trump to violate the 1st Amendment.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No offence, but if mr.T wanted to reverse this issue, he would reverse the Smith-Munt Act.
He would reverse the consolidating all the media is OK bs Clinton started.

Not join in the division and give us lip service via twit-er.

You have the right to be uninformed and propagandized right now.

Regardless of the "the left part of the government is in control of the media" bs being sold.

Quit running your mouth and do something about it Mr.T.

Mr. For the people

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Addd

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Drama queen,
maybe the executive could tone it down a tad..he keeps giving them freebies to work with.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Dbl post
very slow today
edit on 13-6-2018 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: carewemust
I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

You should re-familiarize yourself with these words:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

And yet...
US Repeals Propaganda Ban

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So what? Means nothing.

Trump does not have the power to take out cnn and he never will.

Mark my words cnn will still be one of the main news organizations long after trump is gone.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

I'd say the President is voicing a bit of frustration...

The day of 'sedition' and similar crimes are gone. The statement that fake news is worse than dictators has some merit to it.

After all, Kim is a 'dictator' and an accord has been reached. That looks a near impossibility with this current media.

I'd also point out this media has been operating in this fashion long before Trump. That is a huge point that gets short-shrift. The target changes, but not the mechanics of it. Right back to at least the Reagan era.

This media has enjoyed decades of an intimidated Republican Party. Fear of being blamed for 'shutting down the gov't' and the like. Right back to 'senior citizens forced to eat dog food' in Reagan's days.

Now this President is calling them out. As is his right to do so. This has freaked out that media. Now completely rabid in their attacks, right to this second.

If it is a 'war', it is a war of words. That totally fine with me. Go Trump.

edit on 13-6-2018 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Did obama become a dictator and stay in office?

Who is president right now?

Do you like that the current potus is so similar to the last one?

Please answer all three of my questions.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I don't use twitter, I'm not sixteen, but can you just post on his wall?

Can someone call him out for his fake outrage and get a comment on his position with the smith-mundt and Clinton media issues?

Ask him why he isn't reversing the bad EO's instead of flaming the fires in the wrlds biggest soap opera?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'd love to see an Executive Order silencing the press or any member of the press. Truly, I would.

Will you be ok with that when the next democrat potus is in office and does this to the right wing media?

People on the right seem to forget that whatever power we give to the current president will be used by the next one.

If you think we will never have another dem potus you are a fool.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Our Founding Fathers saw the danger of the path that Trump is going down. And to that Thomas Jefferson said...

"The people are the only censors of their governors: and even their errors will tend to keep these to the true principles of their institution. To punish these errors too severely would be to suppress the only safeguard of the public liberty. The way to prevent these irregular interpositions of the people is to give them full information of their affairs thro’ the channel of the public papers, & to contrive that those papers should penetrate the whole mass of the people. The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. But I should mean that every man should receive those papers & be capable of reading them."
edit on 13-6-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2018 by okrian because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So funny to watch a propagator of fake news decry fake news.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The Strategy is Working.

Democrats falling like balloons with no air.

BwaaaaaHaHaHa

Panic at all levels.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I have been saying for over a year that the liberal fake news media is a danger to America. They are domestic terrorists masquerading as media people.

When are you going to do something to stop or punish them president Trump? You have the entire power of the government available to put the screws to them in ways they cannot even imagine.

So, like your wanna be dictator president you want to punish those who would exercise their first amendment rights.
You do know that's what dictators do? I'm not sure you do. Some even have them killed. Knocked off, mobster style.

I hope the trump party (previously the t-party?) aren't too afraid of him to impeach him if he tries to do away with free speech and freedom of the press which are foundations of our democracy. (the GOP apparently no longer exists.)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Same tired answer from you..BTW..who is panicking?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Remember all the work Obama put into making the media the beast that it is?

But what about this? I'm confused half of you are saying that obama made the msm into what it is while the other half are saying obama went after journalists because he was a wannabe dictator?

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.

IDK but it sounds like obama and trump are more alike than anyone wants to admit.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Your attitude is why we are getting effed.

Your are excited about a political party that's not yours being mad.

It always gives people 2 targets to be mad at, so they don't question the whole gd system.

I wish the people before me weren't so gd short-sided, we wouldn't be in this 50% tax, rent your property, prison planet, fake choices reality.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Fix spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Trump's just mad he can not control EVERYTHING that is written about him. Too bad. That's EXACTLY why we have a first amendment. Maybe our President Snowflake could use a good cry and a tissue. Stop whining Trump.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join