It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit going down the Pan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What a Polava I hope this is ok ? nestled in this USA dominated area.. Brexit voted 51.9% to 49.1% to exit the European Union well it is on the way to
remaining with a Parliament seemingly stuffed with sticking and not Busting. Democracy at work in all its inglorious colors.
Hardly anyone standing up and telling them Europe we are going any that do are labeled as right wingers and racists.
A vote on at the moment with more caving and backsliding the fact that a few ? MP's own 2nd or 3rd or 4th properties in Euro land was it ever going to be easy ?

Nigel says it as it is Just edge the time bar back to the beginning.. I will add more as time ticks..

www.electoralcommission.org.uk... nd-count-information

Again drag the timeline back..

BBCTake..

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 13 6 2018 by skywatcher44 because: Add

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Brexit down the pan, BS. Hard, soft brexit? It was and is always going to be hard. But this what you bare seeing played out now is important constitutional kerfuffle. What's it about? The Lords quite rightly rejected Ms May's paper.
It's about Ms May trying to push HER and the Conservatives plans for brexit. The Lords rejected this by saying ALL MPs must agree on brexit details.
Make no mistake brexit (should it survive Ms Mays intransigence) is on the cards but not just the Conservative version. The whole parliament MUST decide on the terms, as is constitutionally correct. Ms May was never up to the task, but if she keeps playing about the deadline will come and who knows what will happen then. The Conservatives know this and that is why they are trying their hardest to oust Ms May but without it looking like a bloodbath.
Never mind, when it goes tits up you all can blame Corbyn and Labour for the failing.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

The problem is that almost no one votes.. and apparently the people who do are the most easily propagandized.

which is people’s own fault for not voting.

If everyone voted the outcome would always be the general consensus. However because people do not vote that so means quite often the out come of the votes are the minority opinion.

edit on 13-6-2018 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The problem is that almost no one votes.. and apparently the people who do are the most easily propagandized.

72.2% of the voting populace voted in the EU referendum, hardly "almost no one votes" territory

If everyone voted the outcome would always be the general consensus. However because people do not vote that so means quite often the out come of the votes are the minority opinion

The UK is a minority ruled nation, the winners of all our elections will be the minority compared to the total number of voters, however the EU referendum was a 2 horse race leading to a majority outcome.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

How would you break it down in the way of left leaning verses right leaning politically ?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

While your OP was a bit hard to read, does it matter if anyone is telling Europe, "See ya later?" I mean, with the official vote having already been cast, don't they HAVE TO exit the EU, even if gov't officials aren't openly saying it?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Thank you for summarising this so succinctly for those who aren't sure how our parliament/ legislature operates. Thank God that the Lords exists as a safety net against the likely terrors which would be upon us if the Conservatives & their backers had free reign. Hopefully, by God, we will see a just & sensible Brexit - though as you rightly point out, it was never going to be easy, no matter what happens. I sincerely hope that we have enough good men & women of conscience involved as MPs & Lords who will refuse to kiss the ring of high finance over & above the safety & welfare of those who are most vulnerable. Opportunity & support for all - as you are capable, or as you are limited, respectively.

We are in it together, and the continuing well-being of our homeland & its people are at stake. Choose wisely, and resist the creeping clawed fingers of tyranny.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

While your OP was a bit hard to read, does it matter if anyone is telling Europe, "See ya later?" I mean, with the official vote having already been cast, don't they HAVE TO exit the EU, even if gov't officials aren't openly saying it?

it better be to the satisfaction of the leavers, however it seems to me there are ongoing cabals moving through the halls intent on reversing/disrupting and generally causing mischief for one example mp's questioning aaron banks and implied Russian connection/revealing universal political deception tactics (ie lying to the public) lol.
I've already expressed my opinion that they're scraping an empty barrel. I am akin to a spectator discovering new ground with evolving alliances and my imagination formulating some very ugly ones.

it is also below the belt for media/politico individuals to express their beliefs to the masses that it was carried along by racists and right wingers. these statements are unforgivable and should never be forgotten. these regular media poundings/fear projections are designed to wear down the will are they not? these audio/visual gems are the most revealing of the mind-sets of the (minority?) dummy spat out remainers. those that crave the eu teat should check in at a proper job opportunity then attend regular rehab whilst cutting down on avocado and caviar indulgences.

the final outcome if there be such a thing must be agreeable with the (majority) leavers. the consequences of usurping the majority are unfathomable and currently of personal consideration.

f.

edit on 13-6-2018 by fakedirt because: onandonand

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

How would you break it down in the way of left leaning verses right leaning politically ?

For the EU referendum?.....I've not seen any break down, but I'd wager that the majority of the leavers were more inclined to the right.

Read into that whatever you like.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

So, in short, it's a smaller version of American politics and media interference.

Got it...that sucks.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Brexit will happen, it's just the fine details being ironed out regarding how we continue trading with the EU, and mutually benefit.
The EU commission can go # itself as far as I'm concerned, and many mates who voted remain are now chasing independence.
Nothing like treating Brits like dirt to make us pull together against a common enemy.

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm not the best person to talk politics but my view is the UK a government never wanted brexit and the higher powers about the government never wanted Brexit I think they were caught out by the public vote and now are doing their damn finest to make sure Brexit doesn't happen or make it happen but make it a complete shambles that the UK citizens will turn around and go 'you know what just stay in the EU'

I think Brexit could of happened a lot smoother that it's being dealt with now but MPs are doing their hardest to make it so difficult

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

if it looks like a pig.... it's just that this little island piggy is currently facing the collective federalist superduperstate
golden diminishing trough whilst performing crazy ivan's to see off any rear-enders lol
f.

join