It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your negativity is a joke.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

AHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
*SNIP*

Obama got Americans released from North Korea too. In fact, Obama got people released from both North Korea and Iran.
edit on 13-6-2018 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

AHAHAHAHAHA

Among other indicators, this one literally came out yesterday and it's a direct result of tax cuts.
www.cnbc.com...
edit on 13-6-2018 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

No. They are separate things. It's a good thing that he got those people released, but the propaganda we provided North Korea, free of charge, is going to lead to many more people dying.
edit on Wed Jun 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I'm doing way better now than I was in 2016.

Some areas of costs are going up and others are going down. The federal reserve knows how to move inflation around and while inflation is ALWAYS a concern, the feds have also raised interest rates, unemployment has decreased to it's lowest point for as far as I can remember. This translates into higher demand and that demand creates price increases. In order to bring prices down, companies need to hire more people to meet demand. Prices will only go down in those areas where production has reached a surplus or the environment itself is highly competitive. Today, the market is highly competitive, but the hiring frenzy still hasn't kept up with demand.

There's a 1% unemployment rate in Reno right now. You can get a warehouse job for 17 bucks an hour to start. That's a low skill job.

Employers know you can walk out of one job and right into another so wages have gotten pretty competitive in my area.

The only real issue we have is housing, but that was never a price issue, but a development issue.

You made the assertion that I am statistically doing worse today than I was in 2016.

That is frankly untrue. If you're not making money today it's because you don't want to.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You just replaced statistics with anecdotal experience in order to disprove the statistic.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I gave you a different interpretation and then gave an example.

You're painting the current economic environment in the worst light possible, and for what?

Statistically what the data tells me is that there is an increase in demand.

Here are three more examples that back-up my interpretation of your data:

March Market Report: High Demand in the Wood Products Market - Freres Lumber Co

Strong demand driving beef prices higher - Food Business News

$3 gasoline is coming soon as demand jumps and crude oil prices rise - CNBC

But wait....Are those really examples of demand driving prices? Why yes, yes they are.

EDIT:

This also explains why some areas are seeing price increases while others aren't.

Demand is a key factor in this environment and it is currently what is driving prices and employment.
edit on 13 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Words wasted when you deal with a true believer, regardless the cause.

Just enjoy the non-stop train wreck.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Words wasted when you deal with a true believer, regardless the cause.

Just enjoy the non-stop train wreck.

I suppose, but I'd sure like the left to not implode. I don't like the idea of a one party system.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
You're painting the current economic environment in the worst light possible, and for what?

No. Exactly what was predicted to happen is happening.
Deficits are rising uncontrollably May had a $147 billion deficit

The rate of inflation is increasing

Wages are stagnant (and declining among the bottom 45% of wage earners).

There's no spin here, that's just the facts on a national level. You can start isolating individual areas that are doing better than others, but in every downturn there's areas doing well. Even in a stock market crash some stocks rise in value, that doesn't mean the whole index is doing well.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Jun 13 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Oh so you went from not paying anything to not paying anything..

Score!

Lol

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I don’t think deficits matter, but stagnant wages coupled with inflation for damn sure does..

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I don’t think deficits matter, but stagnant wages coupled with inflation for damn sure does..

I think deficits matter. They're not the be all end all metric of anything, but running a close to balanced budget and having debt grow slowly is a good indicator of a sound economy. Having an out of control deficit in a time of prosperity suggests that when we really need to ramp up government spending to counter a slowdown we're not going to have the means to do so without other consequences.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I think deficits matter. They're not the be all end all metric of anything, but running a close to balanced budget and having debt grow slowly is a good indicator of a sound economy. Having an out of control deficit in a time of prosperity suggests that when we really need to ramp up government spending to counter a slowdown we're not going to have the means to do so without other consequences.

Wow, sounds like you need a real live conservative. like Pat McCrory.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Oh so you went from not paying anything to not paying anything..

Score!

Lol

I was paying quite a bit before I quit to go to school.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't know if you made any and I don't really care to be honest but I'm sure you've shared your hate for him in many a thread, I'm not going to look it up because it's not important to me but you know where you stand/stood on Obama and I'm pretty sure I've seen plenty of disrespect thrown his way from you and others in your party.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Or try really hard to find fault in any and everything he does. (the two year old option)

I think some do - but I think in many cases, people take the extreme opposite, because Trump supporters seem to accept everything Trump does as a win. Even if it means using convoluted reasoning to turn a stupid action or comment into a "win."

And so.. round and round it goes. It would be better of course, if (the majority of) Trump supporters were actually able to admit when Trump does or says something stupid, and if non Trump supporters could actually admit when Trump says or does something that is a plus for the country. But people hate being wrong - even to the point where they will not admit being wrong, even if they have to go to absurd measures to try to prove their choice.. their belief.. their opinion was the right one.

Human nature + Politics rarely ends well. : )

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I agree. But both sides have their few fringe folks who seem to speak for the entire group, or at least that's how the story is told.

Lots of "Trump supporters" call him out when he does wrong, but those are ignored, as well as the few who I see praising Trump when he does something good.

The fringe folks are appearing crazy, as they don't appear to be able to think logically. Hell, quite a few of us are more about defending against lies, then we are about Trump Worship. I think he's an ass, but I hope good things happen for the place I live, (I'm selfish like that).

Knowing how crazy things have gotten so quickly, I'm concerned about the next election cycle. Still no stand outs in either camp, and the entire left seems to be OK with the single message of "# Trump". I just don't see that as a winning strategy, but then, I'm in the "uneducated" camp with only an associates degree.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join