It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

your negativity is a joke.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If you think those who support Trump don't know who and what he is, you are only fooling yourself. All the reasons you hate him, yes, he is all those things. That's why you rarely get arguments about that. But there is something else. He was elected to be the president of the US. His failure is shared among all who live here, and all who may be affected by his failure. Even his supporters. And in the same light, his success is shared.

You hate him, OK. Besides bitching, what exactly are you going to do about it? Perhaps rally behind a candidate you like for the next election. (a good option) Or try really hard to find fault in any and everything he does. (the two year old option) Being a free country, with freedoms not given to all nations, you have the full and total choice to do either one of those, or something completely different.

But when something truly good happens, trying to find fault in it, only to make that tiny empty spot in your soul be filled with something (even hate) is a poor choice. Hate will eat you up from the inside. It will permeate your skin and others will see it before you even spew the first hate filled words.

As with the North Korea situation, we just don't know what is really going on. Trusting Kim seems like a long shot. Him following through seems like a long shot. Being apprehensive is a good thing I believe. Apprehensive does not equal hate. I can't help but think that it's possible that when Kim sees how his actions are applauded worldwide, he might just decide that trying to get along may be very rewarding and much more so than the previous positions. I hope for that. It's called "optimism".

If it all falls apart, then we will be back to the starting point. The same one we have been at for 50 years. There just doesn't seem to be a bad side to this from our standpoint, other than being back to square one. Remember, last year about this time, we were all expecting WW3, and had a fairly good reason to do so.

So in closing, I'd like to say, I get it. I know you don't like him. I didn't like the last guy. But you have the power to elect a new person very soon. We don't always win, we don't always get what we want. In real life, there are no "participation trophies". Please keep that in mind as you go about your life and remember, your attitude is how other will react to you. If it's a positive one, you will see positive responses from others as a whole. (unless they are just negative assholes)

Smile, it might all be a good thing.
edit on 13-6-2018 by network dude because: bad sler

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What the anti-Trump crowd looks like right now bitching about the North Korea/US Summit, what they look like bitching about tax cuts. So forth and so on.

What's funny is that liberals seem to think we care about the personal life of Donald Trump. But that's not what we voted him in for. We voted him in to get things done. Things are getting done and they are GOOD things.
edit on 13 6 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we had this same exact thread a few years ago except "Trump" was replaced with "Obama". Funny how things swing so drastically in such a short time.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I'm pretty sure we had this same exact thread a few years ago except "Trump" was replaced with "Obama". Funny how things swing so drastically in such a short time.

Link please....

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You know I agree.with everything you say there. I just can't stand the constant....look at this little insignificant thing look how #ing awesome america is now # yeah....not referring to north korea here.. just the daily...trump said.this # yea america stuff....there seems to be two groups of people who have totally lost all sense of reason and common sense with all of this...the people you describe but also the people, who I swear to god sometimes seem like they would get down and suck trumps dick if he told them to.

He's a business man and a politician just like any other...kind of #ty at both honestly....and just like any of the other people running would have been.

There just seems to be a huge lack of any kind of objective critical observation from anyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
One thing is for sure. The next election is coming up fast. I don't see the Democrats or any other political party lifting up any person into the public spotlight to say, "This is your alternative. This person is a strong, positive representation of our party's values and goals and you should get to know this person."

They're dropping the ball again. Maybe someone will magically appear in the next few years who will provide a viable option. But it needs to happen fast, or there will be a lot of people crying when Trump is re-elected.

link   
a reply to: dug88

that's just the push back. If 20 posters on ATS always say the same things, does that mean that's how the world is?

link   
Trump has a big ego, he does brag a lot. But overall, he is actually improving our economy somewhat and trying to make our country better. Giving control over to the EU organizations is not good.

The organization overlooking climate, they are complaining about global warming and polution, yet the European countries have less strict environmental standards then we do, the sewer coming out of our sewer plants is better than their sewer.

How can an organization that promotes waste and polution as long as it benefits them be trusted to look after our countries environmental policies. I think we have been doing pretty decent, we are getting better but much of the change does nothing for the carbon cycle. The amount of carbon emitted from a natural gas plant is equivalent to the carbon emitted from a coal plant. When either is burnt, it is the breaking and reorganization of the bond that gives off energy, same carbon per kilowatt. But who cares, just believe the people twisting the evidence. All the big natural gas engines and generators they are installing here come from Europe, the ones trying to convince us to believe a lie.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't believe you.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Well, it's obvious to me that you are literally Hitler and a racist.

If that is me being negative, then you are wrong because I never am.

Amen.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   

My point is that you probably would have laughed in the face of this reasoning 4 or 5 years ago. "You should support your president"... unless it was Obama.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

My point is that you probably would have laughed in the face of this reasoning 4 or 5 years ago. "You should support your president"... unless it was Obama.

how were you able to miss the point of the OP by that much?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm pretty sure it was from an entirely different group. A lot of Trump voters also voted for Obama once or twice, so I think you have the wrong group of people. A lot of us acquired dislike for him during his second term, while many more after the revelations RE: political investigations/intelligence/etc.

Although some disliked his EOs and the ACA, JCPOA, etc, many of us (myself included) ignored his faults and still supported him for at least making the effort. But in the end, it is clear that Obama's presidency was filled with half-measures, broken promises, political posturing and a gradual slip to the far left (which is a mistake, since the far left only represents a very small minority in this country)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I got the point, I just see it as "faux reason" seeing how you guys treated the previous president. Now that your guy is in office you feel like you have the ability to say "be reasonable" when it wasn't that way at all a few years ago from your side.

I just find it interesting how the shoe is now on the other foot. Your point is to "try to be fair and reasonable" but that notion was nowhere in the mind of a Trump supporter a few years ago when it came to the president.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I disagreed with Obama on policy.

Most everyone did.

If you want to discus the policy of the Trump administration, then that would be a fascinating topic and conversation.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I got the point, I just see it as "faux reason" seeing how you guys treated the previous president. Now that your guy is in office you feel like you have the ability to say "be reasonable" when it wasn't that way at all a few years ago from your side.

I just find it interesting how the shoe is now on the other foot. Your point is to "try to be fair and reasonable" but that notion was nowhere in the mind of a Trump supporter a few years ago when it came to the president.

link me to the Obama hate threads I authored.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

lINK PLEASE???

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

link me to the Obama hate threads I authored.

I don't think you hated Obama but there are still plenty of "hate Obama" threads on ATS, even though Obama's gone.

Is that style of hate permissible because it's the Opposition?
edit on 13-6-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

This was a big part of why I wrote that "I am sick of your opinions" thread last night.

Although my idea was to convey a deeper history of our everyday interactions with people (from personal relationships to merely reading social media posts) and general feelings I have about the media, the attitude of people in terms of the current (that is, the last few days) situation is what really gave me the motivation to post it.

At first I just wanted to say something like "I am sick + everything you say is vomit" but then decided to actually pour a bunch of other stuff into it and flesh it out a little bit better into something that can apply throughout time well into the future.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Except trump didn’t cure cancer... in fact he has done ANYTHING beneficial to the average American at all to be praised for..

He definitely doesn’t deserve to be praised for NK where he hasn’t gotten anything from them besides a photo op..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join