It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea/USA Vs Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
1 of 3 of N Korean borders is with Russia its north eastern NK isolated and with N Koreas advanced hacking unit (Sony etc
Is it possible that it's actually North Korea that is doing all the meddling in elections pointing the finger at Russia? NK gains Russia or China could claim back borders with Russia gone a new Asian dynasty is born
The clues are there I'm probably wrong?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you're right - that you're probably wrong.

My thinking is that NK's cyber capabilities would be wasted on Russia, but China, Japan, EU... all seem better targets for cyber attacks.

I Propose that NK as an ally brings us closer to China as an ally (since they want a guarantor role in negotiations) and that Trump could completely shatter traditional relations by embracing our oldest enemies (Russia/Cuba, China/NK) and our staunchest allies like Japan and SA. Not saying we should make new enemies of our old allies, just that a winning deal for the world means everybody benefits - except for certain economic sectors like graft, trafficking, gangs, pedos, psychos...

In a "Post Truth" world, does it really matter if we are allies with Oceania, Eastasia, or Eurasia?
Like many socio-economic phenomena, "globalism" is a useful component when properly moderated.
We've already got global communications, media, travel, and economy - does society require more "globalization"?

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ganjoa
Trump could completely shatter traditional relations by embracing our oldest enemies (Russia/Cuba, China/NK)

The Nixon approach was U.S.A. and China to hold back Russia. I still think that's a better idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Pretty sure that was the USSR.

It doesn't exist anymore, FYI.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthsSword
A change of name does not change the strategic realities. The state centred on Moscow has been exercising its muscles against western Europe for more than two and a half centuries, ever since the War of the Austrian Succession. Its ambitions did not suddenly spring into life when it became the U.S.S.R. and die out again when the Soviet Union broke up.
That entity is ALWAYS worth watching carefully.

edit on 13-6-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A wee bit more than a change of name, one would think.

But yes, I forgot. Omfg the Russians are coming!!!11!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthsSword

A wee bit more than a change of name, one would think.

But yes, I forgot. Omfg the Russians are coming!!!11!

They are already here, right 2016.2.11?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The change of name did nothing to change their spots.
They have been the aspirant "gendarmes of Europe" for two and a half centuries (three, if we count the foundations laid by Peter the Great), and making light of that permanent threat just shows ignorance of history.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

It's a completely different entity.

If you're so worried about history repeating, should you not be more worried about Germany? Perhaps Turkey?

The panic is real, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I refer you to my previous answer.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Anything is possible, probable is the issue. I am sure that North Korea did try to do some interference, but I doubt if it actually did anything, remember, Kim would have probably rather have had the Dems in charge, they let him do what he wanted.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Anything is possible, probable is the issue. I am sure that North Korea did try to do some interference, but I doubt if it actually did anything, remember, Kim would have probably rather have had the Dems in charge, they let him do what he wanted.

I thought Hillary was a war monger. How things have changed.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

originally posted by: rickymouse

I thought Hillary was a war monger. How things have changed.

Hillary is a war Monger, but she wanted war with Russia, North Korea wasn't worthy of a Hillary war.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Four hundred years and counting? Or something like that...and they get closer to it, nearly every time.

Putin would dearly love to become Vlad the Great, or something of the sort. Do I think they're going to relapse into the big bad Soviet Union? No. But become more of a player? Yes.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ta1nTeDJuSt1cE

Yes you are.

Wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

It doesn't exist anymore

In name.
In every other respect it does.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

They've arrived babe. Now what are you going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Thanks for getting involved
I think it's to easy to blame Russia
North Korean cyber attacks were quite sophisticated they have a whole unit devoted to this stuff 2013/Banking atms and mobile banking in the UK suspected N Korea of doing serious damage to parts of the Nhs and other organisations and of course Sony and so much more so shouldn't we look more closely at there cyber network globally we are more likely to be attacked online then by a nuke imo

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
The change of name did nothing to change their spots.
They have been the aspirant "gendarmes of Europe" for two and a half centuries (three, if we count the foundations laid by Peter the Great), and making light of that permanent threat just shows ignorance of history.

This may very well be true. However... taken in the following context...

The Nixon approach was U.S.A. and China to hold back Russia. I still think that's a better idea.

I think that there are other factors to consider.

Ok, so you say the Russian entity has not changed.
What about the Chinese? Have they changed in any meaningful way since Nixon's day?

posted on Jun, 14 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

edit on 14-6-2018 by DISRAELI because: accidentally edited as a fresh post

<<   2 >>

join