It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it better to light a candle, or curse the dark?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think having a generator and a thousand hours of fuel would be excellent if I could afford it. But my prepping budget is extremely limited. And with these liabilities...

-Exhaust that must be vented outside, which means that sound will also occur outside.

-If you do have a generator, its use will need to be minimized; because the more you use it, the more evidence you will generate. If you have lights, you'll need to black out windows. If you run a a/c, it will generate a signature noise, as will a dryer. Anything more than a refrigerator and maybe a microwave will soon become obvious.

-liquid fuel is bulky and heavy, and a fire hazard. LPG tanks are easy to spot, and an advertisement that you have energy.

-The larger the generator, the more frequently it will need to be serviced, and the more fuel it will consume. Eventually, you'll have to discontinue it, and what then? If you are going to prepare for being without electricity in 3 days, or a week, or a month, why not just prepare for it now, and put your effort into something other than preserving an expensive hallmark of civilization?
edit on 15-6-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

link   
oops redundant post. That must be what that key labelled "bump stock" does...
edit on 15-6-2018 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

link   
apologies, multi-posting
edit on 15-6-2018 by tovenar because: oops

<< 1   >>

join