It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, $#!%, I was WRONG ... Trump is EXACTLY What We Need!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: queenofswords

The Victorians did the odd capitalization for emphasis... which was a hold over from non-standard English Grammar prevalent a hundred years earlier (see for example the Declaration ... )

Interesting...a resurgence of an old practice then. Just like back then, today we are participating more and more through written words (texting, tweeting, posting) and finding ways to add "inflection" to draw attention to what needs to be emphasized.

Looking at the original handwriting of the Declaration and picking out the words that were "inappropriately" capitalized was fun. The first one that jumped out at me was 'Oppressions'.

Thanks for this tidbit of grammar trivia!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: proximo

Yeah, I've heard the Trumper PR which claims that Mr. T is playing 6th Dimensional Parchesi or something, but really, that's just a paper-thin coverup for his blatant incompetence

Even the dumb can be cunning I've noted that.

That's just it you see ... I'm not claiming that he's creating "some chaos" from time to time.

I'm saying that he is here at this time as a focal point for forces that will create/destroy/recreate the world as we have known it.

Trump doesn't care about what others think of him???

Okay, welcome to this universe from the alternate one you just arrived from. Our Trump is painfully thin-skinned.

It's kind of a defining trait.

So, I am not one that says he is always playing 6th dimensional chess - I don't believe that. It really is not and does not need to be that complicated.

Trumps enemies have made themselves and their plans very clear, so in many cases it isn't that hard to know what to do to stop them - but it often is not easy to accomplish.

Your definition of chaos and mine probably are not the same. You probably consider calling for a border security chaos. But it is only what 90% of countries have done throughout history, and most still do - including Mexico.

But really - please give me an example of his incompetence. I am not saying he has never made a mistake - he definitely screwed up big time attacking Syria the last time over a fake chem attack.

You say he is incompetent like it's an every day thing. If he is so incompetent how is the economy in better shape than it has been in decades, ISIS has been crushed and NK peace is upon us. If that is incompetent what do you call Obama - Incompetent Cubed?

Well, your right, it's not that he does not care what others think of him - he does, but he never lets it stop him is what I really meant to say.
edit on 13-6-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: mc_squared

*nods*

Yes, we're seeing similar phenomena.

The extremes are SO extreme I almost think it's chemical ... or biological.

Major cultural forces are in play. I guess we're all victims of an Old Chinese Curse.

Man who goes to sleep with itchy bum wakes up with smelly finger?

Very entertaining thread...

ETA... I read you post as a Chinese saying not curse... Meh I'll just run with it..
edit on 13-6-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Anytime.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I don't consider border security chaotic, indeed, it's very orderly and increasingly authoritarian (and as we know, every government is authoritarian - the problem comes in when it devolves into BS totalitarian human rights violations ...like say, separating children from their families and then keeping them in kennels).

(EDIT: The claim that kids were separated from their parents and kept in dog kennels is not factual.)

The most telling moments to me are his general failure to understand the difference in the business environment and government. Also, it is clear from listening to him that he doesn't understand a LOT of very important and complex matters, and that, as he has always done, he just glosses over the "boring" parts.

OMG you have not succumbed to that line about the economy??? Jesus.

The economy has been in a growth period for about 8 years. There will be another recession, and more growth, etc. Economies are cyclic.

There's just nothing exceptional about Trump's economy, ISIS has been diminishing for years ... and peace in NK?

Sorry friend, that's where we start to drift into the alternate universes again. Those things just aren't true in the universe I live in.

Worse than he doesn't let it stop him, he lets what he thinks about what other people say about him DRIVE his actions.

Like a kid. A spoiled one.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Project Much ? ............
:d n:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Project Much ? ............
:d n:

How nice ... emoji.

Now, come on ... use your words...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

He has given us back something we haven't had in a very long time.

Optimism. The actual hope that things could get better, and we don't just have to watch our country slide into the abyss. I will take him with his faults because he has breathed life back into this country. I don't want to live in a globalist province. I want to live in the United States of America.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Yeah.

Chaos is always fun and games until the dying starts...

Woot.

*sigh*

We do live in “interesting times” (a Chinese curse - May you live in interesting times.)
edit on 13-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   

like say, separating children from their families and then keeping them in kennels).

You know those pics were from 2014, right?
www.businessinsider.com...

You also probably know that Trump offered amnesty and a path to citizenship for 1.8 million DACA eligible illegal aliens in January, and the Dumbocrats turned it down.

Also, I know lots of LE officers and they deal with families being separated everyday. When the parents get arrested for an illegal act, the children are separated from them.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

He has given us back something we haven't had in a very long time.

Optimism. The actual hope that things could get better, and we don't just have to watch our country slide into the abyss. I will take him with his faults because he has breathed life back into this country. I don't want to live in a globalist province. I want to live in the United States of America.

Who has he given this optimism to exactly? Not most Americans.

Believe me though ... I know that you honestly feel what you said is factual. Many people agree with you.

Other folks see Trump as a bumbler at best and a tragic threat to the Republic at worst.

And, in line with my claim here, it is in the crucible of forces of truth and untruth, creation and destruction, etc. that our world will be transformed forever.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

So ... thousands of children have not been separated from their parents and then promptly lost?

Oh BS Queen ... the Democrats turned down his damned Wall which he ham-handedly tried to tie the amnesty offer to.

Don't resort to half truths; it gets boring fast..

I'll do some more research on my kennels claim. If I'm incorrect, I'll be glad to note it ... thanks for the tip.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I was absolutely mistaken when I made this claim:

... the problem comes in when it devolves into BS totalitarian human rights violations ... like say, separating children from their families and then keeping them in kennels).

Appparently that was a Twitter kerfluffle that I didn't followup and research. My bad.

Thanks for the correction QoS.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

My dear Gryph, you really need to research the unaccompanied child immmigration of 2014 and 2015 that swamped over our borders! You will be horrified at what happened to some of them. Many of us here on ATS participated in some pretty extensive research at the time about what happened to these kids.

I think you have some facts skewed because deep visceral hatred for a person can do crazy things to the mind.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I've corrected my claims and thanked you for the correction. I really do not want to post anything that is non-factual.

You keep singing the deep hatred song about me ... and it's just not true.

I liked Trump until a couple of years ago. As a reality star he was a hoot. I love a certain amount of bombast.

Now, I'll admit, before today, I thought he was a dangerously incompent man in a position of power.

After my epiphany noted above ... it's easy-peasy - he's doing the piping, and Shiva is doing the watusi.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I don't consider border security chaotic, indeed, it's very orderly and increasingly authoritarian (and as we know, every government is authoritarian - the problem comes in when it devolves into BS totalitarian human rights violations ... like say, separating children from their families and then keeping them in kennels).

The most telling moments to me are his general failure to understand the difference in the business environment and government. Also, it is clear from listening to him that he doesn't understand a LOT of very important and complex matters, and that, as he has always done, he just glosses over the "boring" parts.

A failure to understand the business environment? Are you living in another dimension?

Unemployment has dropped 1.5 percent, the stock market has roared, manufacturing is actually growing again - this by the way is something Obama said was impossible. GDP growth was never near 3% under obama's 8 years, now over 3% and soon to be 4%. ALL IN 500 DAYS. THAT IS PHENOMENAL.

OMG you have not succumbed to that line about the economy??? Jesus.

The economy has been in a growth period for about 8 years. There will be another recession, and more growth, etc. Economies are cyclic.

I mean, I am just speechless. I honestly cannot comprehend how anyone could honestly not know Trump is responsible for the economic turnaround. You have to be willfully ignorant. The regulation cuts, and tax bill directly correlated with thousands of new jobs, higher wages, the stock market booming. Thousands of companies relocating back to the US. Are you really going to claim it is Obama that is responsible - that is just mental illness, not someone looking at facts.

I mean it is so beyond obvious he is the reason for the economic boom it just boggles my mind any one of reasonable intelligence could not know that. There is nothing to fall for as you put it - nobody who knows economics would dispute his policies are largely - almost completely behind our economic boom.

Sorry friend, that's where we start to drift into the alternate universes again. Those things just aren't true in the universe I live in.

Worse than he doesn't let it stop him, he lets what he thinks about what other people say about him DRIVE his actions.

Like a kid. A spoiled one.

Really - what has a hater said to him that got him to change his opinion? You are just making stuff up and you don't even realize it.

As I suspected, your opinion of Trump has nothing to do with his actions that actually affect policy and everything to do with your hate for the way he conducts himself.

I just wish Trump haters would admit he is not doing a bad job - hate him all you want just don't deny reality.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's just it CS ... it doesn't MATTER if I think I'm right and others are wrong.

It doesn't matter if I believe Trump is a savior or an archvillain or whaever.

We're ALL part of the flotsam and jetsam in the river of CHAOS.

That's right. Just the way God/Jesus planned it and said it would be all along...

Matthew 10:34-36

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword (division).

35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

You'd be amazed at how closely I'd probably agree with your summary.

Slightly different mythological characters in play, but still ... spot on.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Please research the positive and compassionate parts of Mr. Trump. As I said, nobody is 100% perfect, but if you ever peel back the layers and look at him from many angles, you will be moved and I believe you will walk away with a newfound respect for him. He is no where near the boorish piper you think he is.

Too many people with "refined" (hahaha---I use that word loosely) sensibilities can't see his style through any other lens but that one. I wish I could tell you more, but it's something you must look for on your own. If your own marriage to your hate prevents the search, then that is on you.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Please research the positive and compassionate parts of Mr. Trump. As I said, nobody is 100% perfect, but if you ever peel back the layers and look at him from many angles, you will be moved and I believe you will walk away with a newfound respect for him. He is no where near the boorish piper you think he is.

Too many people with "refined" (hahaha---I use that word loosely) sensibilities can't see his style through any other lens but that one. I wish I could tell you more, but it's something you must look for on your own. If your own marriage to your hate prevents the search, then that is on you.

Queen, let me say this about that. We had a very similar discussion before the 2016 Election, remember?

He does make decisions based on what he feels is right in some cases. Until a few years ago, he was a fairly liberal guy at least in his public persona, and he's said many things since that I believe denote a certain concern for people that are in front of him ... i.e. if he's meeting with people he tends to try to do something to help them ... if they're "nice." He has difficulty dealing with the abstract though.

However, as a point of respect for you in the conversation, I will spend sometime actively seeking the facts about what you're saying ... but I've told you, several times, I do not hate Mr. Trump. Please stop the repetitions of that false claim.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join