It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, $#!%, I was WRONG ... Trump is EXACTLY What We Need!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

1. Under Trump the stock market has increased its volume 26%. That seems reasonably strong for growth to me.

I didn't say that economic performance hasn't continued to improve under Trump. In fact, what I said is as long as economic performance is good, Trump gets a boost. The economy had recovered and was looking good under Obama too and that didn't really carry over to a benefit for Clinton but that's besides the point — I up front conceded that good economic performance is good for Trump.

There are however, no guarantees how long that will continue to be the case. Everyone knows that at some point there will be a pull back. In fact, it's a reasonable certainty that there will be many many recessions to come and most of them will probably be triggered by factors beyond the control of whomever is president when they occur.

Do you think that Bill Clinton was a fiscal savant? No. He was President during a long boom. Do you think it was Bush's policies that caused the dotcom bubble to burst? Of course not, that # was gonna happen no matter who was in the WH when it did.

If the economy tanks with Donald Trump in the WH, surely you see that it's going to be particularly bad for him considering how many eggs have been put in that basket? I think we could agree on that objectively: good economy = good for Trump, bad economy = bad for Trump?

2. To get Kim to commit to denuclearizing, all we traded was expensive military drills with South Korea, which can be resumed at any time. Seems like the worst Trump can say is 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained", while at the best he could get our wildest dreams for nothing in return but less overall costs. Win/win.

Did you happen to follow the link?

1985 - NK accedes to the nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT)

1992 - The two Koreas sign the South-North Joint Declaration on the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

2005 - NK committed to denuclearization

2006 - NK says it will do it's utmost toward a goal of denuclearizing the Korean Peninsula AS it's literally announcing nuclear weapons tests.

2007 - All sorts of denuclearization commitments after several years and several rounds of Party of Six negotiations.

2010 - "Xinhua News Agency reports that Kim Jong Il informed Chinese authorities that Pyongyang is still committed to the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."

2016 - "North Korea signals a willingness to resume negotiations on denuclearization and defines denuclearization in a statement by a government spokesperson."

Just skipping around. Point being, NK has committed to denuclearizing more times than you and I could probably count all 20 of our fingers (assuming you have all 10 fingers! I know I almost lost a thumb to a table saw a couple years back lol).

The worst that could happen here would be war. I think we can at least all feel that as of right now, we're further from that than we were previously though I never thought we were all that close to begin with. The NK have always wanted nukes as a deterrent and for the global street cred.

If we don't get a deal, then the appearance will be that Trump got his chain yanked hard by "Little Rocket Man."

And let's not forget that he tossed out the Iran deal. And let's also remember that getting a deal apparently means pretty much jack # in politics if the "other guys" can convince their base that the deal was a horrible deal. Right?

To be clear, I'm okay with trying. I sincerely hope it works and I'll give Trump and Pompeo their kudos if and when it's successful (meaning they actually denuclearize). I'm just not seeing where Trump has yet accomplished anything in this regard beyond what Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan accomplished. This has been ongoing for 30+ years and now they have nukes despite all their previous commitments. (and the champagne toasts)

4. Im unconcerned with Merkel hating Trump. She's ruining her own country fast enough...her approval isn't needed.

She just started a "historic" fourth term (though it was very narrow win). Economic growth was at a six-year high last year and they had another record surplus. Germany has the 4th largest economy in the world and their unemployment rate is .4% lower than ours is. I'm not sure by what measure you feel Merkle is destroying Germany? I suspect it has something to do with refugees but I'd be leery of putting too much stock in what filters through to English speakers in the right-wing media.

I'm not familiar with you what your referring to re Trudeau but I may have missed it. Do you happen to have a source?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Poignant history of the NK "committment" to denuclearization.

Given that Mr. Trump seems to think it's okay to pull the rug of American militarization out from under countries like South Korea, if you were Japan, wouldn't you be more than a bit concerned?

Especially if you just saw the head of state urinate and deficate on long-term allies?

I hope the business deals in China are worth it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Given that Mr. Trump seems to think it's okay to pull the rug of American militarization out from under countries like South Korea, if you were Japan, wouldn't you be more than a bit concerned?

Especially if you just saw the head of state urinate and deficate on long-term allies?

What world do you live in?
A unified NK and SK is an economic juggernaught that threatens China's trade dominance.
This deal was being sabotaged by China but they failed.
Besides, I thought you were fixated on "RUSSIA" and "PUTIN" as the ring leaders for the trump puppet?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Nobody is perfect. But there is always Somebody that is perfect for the job at hand. Donald J. Trump is that person. All I can say is that electing Trump rather than Hillary may have actually saved our country.

He is the man for the job at this particular place in Time. The sooner our people band together and help MAGA, the better off we will all be.

"No, you can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometime you find
You get what you need."~~Rolling Stones

Great lyrics!

edit on 13-6-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

... and more clap-trap.

Are NK and SK uniting now? LOL.

NK and China got everything they wanted. We got another promise.

Oh, and a photo-op with a brutal dictator and his flag hanging in a place of honor besides Old Glory.

As far as the off-topic stuff ... hang your strawman somewhere else ...
edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I absolutely agree with you.

Trump is quite simply one of the only folks who are dumb enough with a big enough ego to do the work of CHAOS sooo brilliantly.

It's great to agree with you QoS. Well, kinda.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

hehehehe...

You will see, Gryph. It's kind of sad that your hatred for the man clouds your ability to appreciate who this man really is.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Oh Queen ... did you not read the OP?

I infact DO see Mr. Trump for what he is ... a vessel for the greatest power in the universe.

Mr. Trump is changing the world, one bumbling stumble at a time.

It's ... maganificent.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Can't help but laugh. Your "style" is endearing (when I'm in the mood for it, which, today, I am. Locked and loaded for what lies ahead. You can be a spectator or a participant. It is up to you.)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Can't help but laugh. Your "style" is endearing (when I'm in the mood for it, which, today, I am. Locked and loaded for what lies ahead. You can be a spectator or a participant. It is up to you.)

Well, I'll give you props as well. Unlike some zealots, you write in complete sentences with proper grammar and capitalization.

That's something, after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

What racism? Seriously, you all repeat this over and over, but I've seen no evidence of it. You guys just redefine words to suit your immediate political agenda.

There is no evidence of racism - and they know it. That is why they never cite examples - because the few times they have in the past it has been pointed out how it is complete BS.

Cognitive Dissonance is very hard to overcome. This is Gryphon's first tiny step in overcoming it so he should be applauded. In time he will now realize he has been wrong about Trump all along - even though he will still vehemently deny that right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you.

Trump is quite simply one of the only folks who are dumb enough with a big enough ego to do the work of CHAOS sooo brilliantly.

It's great to agree with you QoS. Well, kinda.

You say he is dumb - no everything he does is strategic.

Yes he has a huge ego - show me somebody very successful that doesn't have one. A huge ego is what makes someone succeed - they believe they can accomplish something even when nobody else does and they will it into existence. It is not a weakness - in fact in business and politics it is a tremendous asset.

Yes, he does create chaos from time to time. You know why - that is how you create change. It is not an accident - do the same thing over and over gets you the same result - and he knows it.

You are correct - not many people act like him and you know what not many people are nearly as successful as getting stuff accomplished as him either - that is not a coincidence.

The difference between Trump and the average person is he does not care about what someone thinks about him, as long as it gets him closer to achieving his goals. Lucky for us his goals are to make America Great, so even though most liberals hate him because he isn't a PC clone he is making their lives better - which seems to only make them hate him more.
edit on 13-6-2018 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Well, you're not wrong.

The system has been circling the drain for a long time and maybe the problem has been the "boiling frog" thing: where it's been slow and subtle enough that most just don't notice or give a damn.

But the problem is this slap in the nuts has only worked on some, while others (e.g. most of ATS) are bending over for another.

That's what's so scary. I've heard the term "cult of personality" my whole life, but I don't think I've ever appreciated it till now. We've all seen examples of sects populated by those brainwashed saps who give their money and their freedoms up to follow some huckster promising salvation. Take the story of that preacher who was asking $50M recently for his 3rd private jet, so he could be closer to Jesus or whatever. We all laughed at what an obvious fraud he was and marveled at how anyone could be dumb enough to believe such nonsense. But he represented some insignificant portion of the population and thus registered relatively harmless. Yet Donald Trump is the exact same thing on a much larger scale.

What his minions call "TDS" is really just all those lucid people floored by how someone can be such an obvious fraud, such a buffoon, and such a pathetic liar, and yet be so effective. Maybe it's a good thing that this is being brought to light, but at the same time you know there are others out there who are not as stupid – and they are taking furious notes on how to weaponize this even further.

Welcome to the jungle,
If you got the money honey, we got your disease.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Well, I'll give you props as well. Unlike some zealots, you write in complete sentences with proper grammar and capitalization.

That's something, after all.

Laughing again. Learn the comms.
Sometimes a subject is implied, and in an informal writing style, it is especially acceptable. Also, the use of an upper case or capital letter where one is usually not required is a new thang and there is a reason for it in our casual way of communicating via short texts and tweets.

It's kind of like emoticons...it adds an element of emphasis and reveals something about what the writer is thinking.

edit on 13-6-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Something that stuck with me.

A top military guy (don't remember exactly who) said:

"When you create a void - - someone else will fill it".

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

The Victorians did the odd capitalization for emphasis... which was a hold over from non-standard English Grammar prevalent a hundred years earlier (see for example the Declaration ... )

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yep.

Part of the Plan.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo

Yeah, I've heard the Trumper PR which claims that Mr. T is playing 6th Dimensional Parchesi or something, but really, that's just a paper-thin coverup for his blatant incompetence

Even the dumb can be cunning I've noted that.

That's just it you see ... I'm not claiming that he's creating "some chaos" from time to time.

I'm saying that he is here at this time as a focal point for forces that will create/destroy/recreate the world as we have known it.

Trump doesn't care about what others think of him???

Okay, welcome to this universe from the alternate one you just arrived from. Our Trump is painfully thin-skinned.

It's kind of a defining trait.

edit on 13-6-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I like this tread, and rather impressed with the quality of most comments.
It helps to restore faith in country, which has gotten rather askew as of late.
Could be a model ATS example of what it should be, most of the time.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

*nods*

Yes, we're seeing similar phenomena.

The extremes are SO extreme I almost think it's chemical ... or biological.

Major cultural forces are in play. I guess we're all victims of an Old Chinese Curse.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join