It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, $#!%, I was WRONG ... Trump is EXACTLY What We Need!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Enderdog

Bah.

You made me work for it.

I want my treat....or at least a trophy for participating!

After I typed the words, it clicked. Good show.

Total trophy! Doesn't it feel better for having earned it though?

ETA: I truly appreciate that you took the time and trouble to actually watch and think about it. That is what I was hoping for.

I watched it also, and yet I am still in the dark.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: bulwarkz

LOL ... wot?

It is like you have no idea of the negotiations being discussed globally of the rebuilding this country's infrastructure. What do YOU think tarrifs on steel and alum is all about?
We are in recievership and a bankruptcy expert is at the helm.
There is a power shift globally and the old is being replaced with the older.
The old is actually the new, but older to us atm.

So after the reset and the world goes back to work you will see the USA guide the way as we have a captain intent on righting the ship.

But hillary and obama eh?

So, it will probably kill you to see this country restored. Maybe not to greatness. Maybe just restored to its core principles lost to greed and avarice.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I understand, but I sincerely hope that is the end result. My ONLY concern is ensuring our rights are preserved and defended, and that all Americans have the ability to live in a free and prosperous society

And despite the partisan divides we face, that is the only concern I have when casting a vote

I do think that Trump's particular brand of chaos is good for the current order, and might just be the impetus we need to break through the gridlock and inaction. Our congress has forgotten how to do its job, opting instead for accepting marching orders from mega-donors and the 1% (which is unacceptable IMO)

He has been compared to the embodiment of Chaos once or twice
The "KEK" meam

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You sure this is not a self-appraisal ?
Hiding behind a Trump appraisal ?

And what is with the symbols ?
You trying to contact ET for help ?

edit on 6/13/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Arnie123

I'm so sad for you Arnie ... you're still mired in the world of right-left, true-untrue, etc.

Pay attention to Mr. Trump, I'm not bs-ing when I say he is the game-changer. Keep believing in him wholeheartedly!

You're doing your small part by doing so!

But truly, thanks for your expressed concern ... I'm actually better than I've been in quite some time.

I hope you pull your head out of the mud soon, friend.

First mistake, proclaiming your feelings about an anon on the internet.

I do pay attention and I see success. You see, to me, it's a myriad of what he can get and what others in other powers may request. For all intents and purposes, he's on a roll and I love every single minute of it.

Yes, by voting I AM doing my small part.

No thanks needed, just do it, you seriously need it.

As for pulling my head out the mud, I say, post a thread worthy of a discussion, rather stuffing this pitiful pile in the mud and the audacity to tell me to pull MY head out, thats rich.

edit on 13-6-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hmmm

edit on 13-6-2018 by Arnie123 because: Hmmmm

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

There are a few important factors:

1. The economy. Right now Trump is riding a wave of good feeling about the economy. I could go on about how the perception of the economy among his base isn't actually tied to reality given the difference in their opinions of the economy on January 19th and January 21st of 2017 but it's pointless and mostly irrelevant. They see it how they see it and that's pretty much that.

If the economy doesn't take a downward turn, that's a boost he'll continue to enjoy. If it falters dramatically, he's toast. There's one certainty here. Sooner or later, the economy will contract. It's only a matter of time and there's only so much a President can actually do about it because there are factors that are well beyond his control.

2. North Korea. Trump has declared that NK is no longer a nuclear threat. Considering that we've had similar (and in fact more concrete) assurances many times (if anyone doubts that, check here), that's a pretty bold bet. What he has going for him (aside from being CiC of the world's greatest military force and President of the country with the largest economy) is a potentially unique relationship with NK's two biggest benefactors.

I would also say that Kim Jong Un is a bit of a wildcard in that he was educated in the West and seems to be something of a junkie for certain aspects of Western culture (like movies and basketball). He's also very young.

I could argue about how right-wingers did a 180 on meeting with dictators for Trump, how the NK regime is horrible, how the best we can hope for is a deal similar to the Iran deal that Trump tossed out and how in the long term, we've legitimized a dictator. Again, that's all mostly moot. Trump supporters see this as the greatest thing ever, whether or not NK is making a real turn could take years to gauge and there's going to be midterms soon and then another presidential election.

If Pompeo hammers out a deal with NK to denuclearize, it's going to be a big boost to Trump come re-election. On the other hand, if no deal is made or NK is caught in violation of a deal, Trump is going to take a big hit.

Their best bet is to draw on the many many many past negotiations and just implement a plan from one of those. That's a quick turn around and there's no reason to reinvent the wheel. (assuming NK isn't jerking Trump's chain) I think there's a decent chance of something getting worked out here.

3. The mid-term elections. If Republicans lose one or both houses of Congress, Trump is going to have to play ball with Democrats to get anything at all done that he can't do all by himself with his mighty pen. (e.g. change DOJ policy like the Obama admin did for pot and DREAMers)

He'll of course rant and rave about Democrat obstruction. And there will be obstruction just like there was by the GOP under Obama. That could go either way come the presidential election. Donald Trump excels at messaging to the self-aggrieved.

It's also possible that the GOP retains control of course.

4. Our allies. Let's face it. Merkle, Macron and Trudeau hate Trump. I don't know how Canadians are feeling about us right now but recent polls suggest the Germans don't see us as reliable. I assume the same is probably true of the French. May doesn't seem too taken with Trump despite early indications that she would be. But there's clearly a good deal of support for Trump on the right in the UK though he's also clearly afraid of going there and being met with a bunch of protesters. It be interesting to get some new polling data. As far as the G7 goes, Trump does seem to have a good relationship with Abe. Will our allies band together against bullying from Trump? If they do, how would they do it? Would it be effective?

Even though Syria has been pushed out of the news cycle following the cease fire a couple months back, it's still an issue. On the one hand, that's good for Trump. On the other, there's a powerful trend in right-wing politics in Europe that got a huge boost from the influx of Syrian refugees. As the flow of refugees trickles and particularly, if it reverses, that's not going to be good for the Camp of the Saints invasion narrative.

That's just a few things off the top of my head. I'm no expert and even I were, I'd hesitate to try to forecast the political future too far in advance. There's just so many variables. I don't think that Donald Trump will be impeached even if the Democrats take both houses of Congress. I expect that unless they kill the Mueller investigation, there will be indictments re: the hacking. Which is going to be a wrinkle for Trump's clear desire to be besties with Putin. So that could be interesting.

Whatever the case, I'm sure we'll survive Trump. What concerns me is will the parties decide that Trump's style is something to pattern.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The art of the deal baby..covfefe

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I will say - - Trump has certainly created a magnifying glass.

I have seen in business how an unqualified employee can create a chaotic shakeup - - that unintentionally reveals "glitches".

What resulted was getting rid of that disastrous employee - - and then addressing the "glitches".

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yet, here you are ...

/shrug

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

1. Under Trump the stock market has increased its volume 26%. That seems reasonably strong for growth to me.

2. To get Kim to commit to denuclearizing, all we traded was expensive military drills with South Korea, which can be resumed at any time. Seems like the worst Trump can say is 'Nothing ventured, nothing gained", while at the best he could get our wildest dreams for nothing in return but less overall costs. Win/win.

4. Im unconcerned with Merkel hating Trump. She's ruining her own country fast enough...her approval isn't needed. Trudeau...may pretend to be angry. But he voted against his own immigration plan yesterday, seeming to follow Trumps lead by disallowing immigration from certain nations. He may hate Trump...but he's doing it from behind, not in a leadership position.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

Ah.

So, it’s standard clap trap then.

Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for taking the time Ante.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We can’t un-Trump ourselves though, because it’s not about a man ... but a message.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

We can’t un-Trump ourselves though, because it’s not about a man ... but a message.

I know.

And we can't educate those who choose to be blinded.

This is going to be a long term education process. Education sometimes involves Hard Knocks.

We have to currently live with the "knocks" - - - upcoming generations will be those responsible for addressing the "glitches".

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

i don’t disagree, but that’s the thing about novelty ... the unanticipated can be both wonderful and wicked.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well now this is just sad at this point....
glitch out!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can only agree with your statements hes an ignorant bumbling bafoon.

So far we have no actual proof of what was said in his meeting with Kim Jung Un. All they provided was one measly paper. As for the alleged commitment for NK to denuclearize, that remains to be seen. I doubt he will because he needs it to protect his country. He put too much effort into creating his big ‘don’t dare # with me or else’, for him just to get rid of it.

Congratulations towards Trump are too early imo.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

To me, I don't think it matters what's in the "agreement."

Trump, I'm fairly certain, has no plan.

He's "chasing cars and wouldn't know what to do with one if he caught it."

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: CriticalStinker
You don't see a difference in the things Obama did, and refusing to let African Americans rent an apartment in one of your buildings? Or hiring Mexicans to build Trump Tower and then not pay them?

You don't understand that a man in charge of a huge multinational real estate empire may not make some of the day to day decisions at the lower levels of some aspects of that empire?

Not one example I have ever seen links DJT directly to even a hint of racism. Yeah, he's unpolished, and a New Yorker to boot, but I've always liked brutal honesty, so I find his presidency a bit refreshing.

*Heavy sigh*

Another person who supports a man he knows very little about. Oh well. Such is the way. Many who support him, like you, don't know, and the others don't care. Go figure what we've come to. Our once great nation now a sewer of corruption, racism, debauchery and dumbassery.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

i don’t disagree, but that’s the thing about novelty ... the unanticipated can be both wonderful and wicked.

ExactLy!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join