It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, $#!%, I was WRONG ... Trump is EXACTLY What We Need!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Indeed sir.

Most of us, don't matter. Blips in the pages of history if we're lucky.

If we get to converse in an afterlife we will be able to point to this time in history and say " there. I lived at that time"

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: JustaBill

Dividing people is actually bringing them together.

You should actually listen to Mr. T sometimes friend.

Where in the heck do you read anything I've said anywhere about being positive?

No, of course it's not positive, and it's not negative ... and it's both and neither.

I can tell you haven't really caught on yet ... but that's okay. You will.

Trump will light the way.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Enderdog

YES THAT'S EXACTLY IT!

I've been dying to use that here, since I made it over a year ago.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Trump came out as pro-gravity, the left would just float away.

Not quite. If Trump proclaimed gravity was a bad thing, the Trump Party would be found outside tying everything down, and putting weights on their feet, in anticipation of his infallible righteousness.

lol

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe. It's really above my paygrade to guess.

I've always thought that there is only one soul that weaves in and out throughout time and eternity, inhabiting each one of us for the brief sparkle of our lives.

But, who knows? If God is Random Chance (or Random Chance is God) as I suspect ... it doesn't matter at all.

That's the most important thing in the universe to realize.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Trump came out as pro-gravity, the left would just float away.

Not quite. If Trump proclaimed gravity was a bad thing, the Trump Party would be found outside tying everything down, and putting weights on their feet, in anticipation of his infallible righteousness.

lol

Isn't that sort of what has happened to the Right and global warming/climate change?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I can tell you haven't really caught on yet ... but that's okay. You will.

Well, I am glad there's hope for me.

Trump will light the way.

At least you got one thing right today!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I get your point and fear you might be right..

People don’t make big sestemic changes when things are going well.. they do it when things such and downright require fixing..

For example...

As automation takes so many jobs there are just period are not enough jobs for everyone..

Will we instantly stop figure out a way to address the problem so it doesn’t ever effect anyone???

No..

We will wait until the unemployment level has reached a critical mass and is on the verge of collapse.... if not after it collapses..

Then we will attempt to address the problem.

Same with climate change..

Will we all start preparing and working to mitigate the effects??

Hell no..

We will just rebuild the rubble a little higher.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Kek?

Praise kek!! We have won all the other battle fronts now it’s time for the last one.... their minds!

Another thing the left will loose, another thing we will take from them.

#MAGA

4 more years!!

ZEIK HEIL!!!....ZEIK HEIL!!!...what a crack head thing to say

Anyone Who Disagrees With Me Is a Nazi

You're the worst kind of partisan and you should be ashamed of yourself..If you had any shame, that is.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

The history of our species (heck, all species) is a series of bottlenecks/mass extinctions.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

my answer is that...

every good epiphany needs a soundtrac

i think i will go hug a gay wedding cake now

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

If I'm right (and hell, I've been wrong before) the game is being changed at the quantum level.

I think it's more a temporary setting aside of conventional standards by people enthralled in a cult of personality. If anything, it's a regression to a political climate that bred even more blustery demagoguery.

I sure as hell hope we're going to break free forever of the same ol' same ol ... don't you???

There's no getting away from Duverger's Law without a complete restructuring of the election system. So I don't see any fundamental changes to the two-party system.

Do you want a Trumpian Democrat in office with a Democrat-controlled Congress? I don't. I'm not looking to see more power concentrated in the hands of one person or unilateral control by a party led by a bully.

That's just a race toward totalitarianism with each new leader grabbing more power than the one before until somebody comes along who manages to reverse presidential term limits, becomes dictator for life and imposes his will on everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Pretty much my feeling from the beginning. I didn't vote for Trump simply because I couldn't stomach supporting someone I revile as a human being. However, I was quietly rooting for him to win since I viewed him as the ultimate reset button this country needed. Let's face it, America is a like a heroin addict that needed to hit rock bottom before it could realize the changes it really needed to make to better itself.

Also, I pretty much viewed the other candidates - Hillary in particular - as the same type of turd as Trump is. The only difference being that Trump isn't a polished turd. He wears his flaws on his sleeve for all to see.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sooth

Abso-100%-lutely.

Yeah, like I said, I was wrong. My choice in tbe last election was the ultimate status quo option, my logic being, that if our choice for the dinner menu is poop or poop with ground glass in it, I'll choose the former.

After today, I'm mindlessly ecstatic that Hillary lost. One in a chain of unpredictable events.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I hear what you're saying.

So, how do you see the remainder of the Trump term(s) playing out?

What about Congress?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: CriticalStinker
You don't see a difference in the things Obama did, and refusing to let African Americans rent an apartment in one of your buildings? Or hiring Mexicans to build Trump Tower and then not pay them?

You don't understand that a man in charge of a huge multinational real estate empire may not make some of the day to day decisions at the lower levels of some aspects of that empire?

Not one example I have ever seen links DJT directly to even a hint of racism. Yeah, he's unpolished, and a New Yorker to boot, but I've always liked brutal honesty, so I find his presidency a bit refreshing.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yes! Welcome to the epiphany club, Gryphon66! It is sometimes a hard pill to swallow, due to the aforementioned personality traits of DJT, but the old world order was in death throes. It had become bloated and a self-perpetuating surveillance state that was on the road to authoritarianism.

Trump, for all his faults, *can* genuinely restore a Constitutionally limited government and most importantly force Congress to learn how to do their job again. Besides, we all know the institutions he's attacking are indeed corrupt puppet tools of the authoritarians. For instance, FBI under Hoover harassing and tormenting civil rights icon Dr. MLK Jr. Ridiculous! Their political persecutions of Americans practicing protected free speech, religion or associations. We must tear it down before we can build it up

MAGA my friend
The real key (balancing act) is ensuring those same forces don't come to power on "our side." Nazis, KKK, racists, neo-cons, etc are not welcome and do nothing to make us great. And despite the media's portrayal, the bulk majority of us are loyal patriots who support our Constitution, our country and our fellow Americans!
edit on 6/13/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It finally dawned on me this morning ... I've been mistaken about President Donald J. Trump.

Allow me to explain ...

Yes, Mr. Trump is a self-centered, bumbling buffoon. Yes, he is the epitome of almost everything that is wrong with American culture, a man who has been blatantly dishonest, unfaithful, arrogant and dumb ... YET he has been incredibly successful financially.

He has dredged up all the foulness that has coated the American underbelly ... racism, sexism, vapid exceptionalism, etc.

He glorifies shallowness of thought, ignorance and petulant impulsiveness ...

Pick something unfortunate about modern American culture ... and you'll find that in one way or another, DJT embodies it ...

... and this bungling boob is now the most powerful man in the world.

You know what? It's glorious.

Trump has inverted our diplomacy, destroyed the Presidency and probably the last century of American world-building.

Face it, the world we all grew up in was dying a plodding death, gagging on its own inertia, slurping up its own metastasized remnant ideas, regurgitating roccoco replays and still starving for any real innovation, any authentic change ...

Here is my grand epiphany ... there is proably no other person alive that is so blindly egocentric that they could bring the unmitigated CHAOS to the world stage that Trump is bringing and that this world needed SO badly, desperately, achingly.

CHAOS can be terrifying to live through ... but it is also the source of all creation.

Welcome to the Jungle.

It will most certainly kill you after the rebuilding program begins next year

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Oh, don't get it twisted ... I have no hope of Trump restoring anything relating to limited government or of adherence to the Constitution.

IN fact, if he gets his way, all that silly stuff would be done away with ... red tape, etc.

No, Trump is the applicator for the pure power of CHAOS that is being brought to bear in our world, you might say, he's like the Turkey-Baster of CHAOS.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bulwarkz

LOL ... wot?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join