It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Turn to Hollywood for Messaging Help

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Isn't that like Bill Cosby turning to Harvey Weinstein for a character witness?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say that politics has by and large alienated its voters.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
I think it's safe to say that politics has by and large alienated its voters.

Alienated?

No. That's absurd.

Around 130 million people showed up to vote in the last election. You can say that politics has polarized their voters, but not alienated.

edit on 13-6-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, I meant exactly what I said.

Thanks though.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: introvert

No, I meant exactly what I said.

Thanks though.

Perhaps you could elaborate to explain how these masses of people are alienated.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Donald Trump, a working class non-celebrity who isn't a Northeast cosmopolitan elite, who doesn't literally live in a gold clad tower, who has never been to Hollywood, knows first hand the pain of middle America.

Big yawn.

The Democrats would do well to find a new Bill Clinton. Like Trump, he had a way of connecting with the white rural crowd. Lots of "I feel your pain" #.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Interesting you bring up the Clinton quote.

Trump did just that....only on the R ticket.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
#BoycottHollywood is trending Twitter.

Truth is, the Dem platform and the few that fester within have no platform other then blaming Trump.

Anti-American.
Anti-Gun
Anti-Citizen
Anti-Life
Anti-Constitution
Anti-Free Speech
Anti-Border
Anti-VoterID
Anti-Trump.

Never has there existed a platform on the National stage that was in such shambles.

Turning to hollwood will be the final nail in the coffin.

The real question is, who or what party will pick up the pieces of the old Dem party?

More and more extremists take positions in the Dem Party as time goes on. They become more extreme in positions until finally the only ones left to seek positions in the Party will be open Communists.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Arnie123
#BoycottHollywood is trending Twitter.

Truth is, the Dem platform and the few that fester within have no platform other then blaming Trump.

Anti-American.
Anti-Gun
Anti-Citizen
Anti-Life
Anti-Constitution
Anti-Free Speech
Anti-Border
Anti-VoterID
Anti-Trump.

Never has there existed a platform on the National stage that was in such shambles.

Turning to hollwood will be the final nail in the coffin.

The real question is, who or what party will pick up the pieces of the old Dem party?

More and more extremists take positions in the Dem Party as time goes on. They become more extreme in positions until finally the only ones left to seek positions in the Party will be open Communists.

You have to admit the irony is hilarious.

An extremist bitching about extremists.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They don't need Hollywood, just have a platform that speaks to the average American and boom, so far it just looks like more positions that don't sit well with the average joe six pack American.

Lean times are still ahead for the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That all they'll ever have to do.

Stop identifying with the extreme positions, and start asking what, not telling, asking, what Americans want. I know it's an odd strategy, but golly gosh, it might just work. Then, of course, deliver on it.

But, apparently, that's too much to ask.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Different worlds

Literally they live in different worlds

Ive lived around these disconnected wealthy people in 3 of the richest counties in America personally.

They live in a world that's incomprehensible to the average person

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I really think there is something either with the SAG or some other organization in general that forces the actors to be extreme left.

Nobody has to force them. The environment they live in has them completely detached from reality. They don't know anything. There's a reason young people tend to be liberal and grow more conservative as they get older. As you gain wisdom and see how the world really works, you tend to realize liberal policies sound good on paper but just don't work in the real world. In some future utopia where everyone is noble and pulls their own weight and helps each other, sure communism can work. In today's world, it simply doesn't. These Hollywood wackjobs are so sheltered and spoiled they basically have the mindset of children, so of course they're hardcore left wingers.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
y 'all turned to reality tv for a president. lol

someone who made up a alias to call the news sourses he hates so much to brag about his prowress with women (actresses mainly) lol

Actually a left-wing writer for Buzzfeed modernized the term, according to the BBC. But when Trump started using it to describe the left-wing media, the name stuck better because, let's face it, everyone already knew they were biased They even admitted it during the campaign. Now they just keep giving him more and more ammunition. In this day and age, you'd think they'd be extra vigilant, but instead it seems like their editing/publishing standards just keep getting lower, continuing to destroy their reputation.

Give this thread a read.
edit on 13 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I look forward to the Republican super majority in both houses of Congress. The Democrats apparently are going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join