It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anasazi Indians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've been a lurker on ATS for a few years, but there is one topic I've not really seen discussed.
I live in Charlotte, NC now but for two years in 6th and 7th grade, I lived in NM. Near Los Alamos NM, there is a place where the Anasazi Indians used to live. You can go there, go through the cliffs and see where they lived, however the Anasazi tribe just vanished. Pueblo Indian legend tells that the Anasazi were taken away by aliens and that's why they just vanished. The weird thing is that around that area, it just seems to be taken for fact.
I was just wondering if anyone in the community had more information about this legend or had a facination with it as I do. It's been on the back of my mind ever since I heard of it and/or could shed more light on it.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplesunn
Pueblo Indian legend tells that the Anasazi were taken away by aliens and that's why they just vanished. The weird thing is that around that area, it just seems to be taken for fact.
I was just wondering if anyone in the community had more information about this legend or had a facination with it as I do. It's been on the back of my mind ever since I heard of it and/or could shed more light on it.

The Anasazi did not simply disappear as many people believe. Their descendants live today and have since formed 18 tribes throughout the Southwest. The Pueblo Indians are one of those tribes.

posted on Feb, 19 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
In his latest book Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed, Jared Diamond discusses, among other things, some excellent insights into the collapse of the Anasazi, whose other name, the Chacoan culture, takes its name from Chaco Canyon. This is the same author whose Guns, Germs, and Steel: the Fates of Human Societies won the Pulitzer Prize in 1999.

If you're interested, not just in the Chacoan culture, but societies in general and what makes them collapse (or survive), Jared Diamond is a great place to start.

If you've been to Chaco Canyon, which is what it sounds like even though it's not that close to Los Alamos, you were probably overwhelmed at how a culture of that size could collapse -- I know I was. In a way, it is a spiritual place indeed.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Sounds like Bandelier National Monument. For more insights try to find a copy of "The Delight Makers" by Adolph Bandelier.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Peace

Try this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe that MOOR45 mentioned this in other threads as well(among
many other interesting things).....

new topics

top topics

join