It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Russia 2018 World Cup Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Germany down to ten men!

And a great chance for Switzerland!

Great drama indeed!!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Down to 10 men now , I wouldn't put it past them to get an injury time winner though.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Woah 2-1 to Deutchsland

Very like England in disguise

edit on 23/6/2018 by mirageman because: ..

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You called it!!

Last minute of stoppage time!!

WOW!!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I'm an England fan , experience teaches me Germany aren't out until the final whistle blows.

You've done it to us enough times.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

That was awesome!

Not sure why people think soccer is boring! That is the second game in three days with consequences. This not boring at all!!

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   

OMG a 2nd goal at 97 min mark.
I had too much coffee tonight but still couldnt keep my eyes open

woke up 15 mins ago "just in time"

hahahahaha

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
@2.50 VAR - when to stop the game?

"Korea loses momentum"

New technology, it will take time I guess before , mental self correcting guidelines are in play by the Refs

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Saturday June 23rd Results

Group F: Mexico 2-1 South Korea

This spicy Mexican side are now top of the group. A Carlos Vela penalty (another one) and a Javier Hernandez goal on the counter attack sealed the 3 points. A win or draw against Sweden will now secure their place in the last 16. Defeat however could make things very complicated.

Group F : Germany 2-1 Sweden

Oh my! A skilful lob in the first half from Ola Toivonen's over German keeper Neuer gave Sweden the lead. The Germans were facing elimination and appeared to have hit an all time (Joachim) low. In the second half Marco Reus poked in the equalizer. The Germans ramped up the pressure and had a number of chances. Jerome Boateng was red carded. German hopes seemed dashed. But a tired foul by Jimmy Durmaz on Timo Werner meant the Germans worked a clever last minute free kick form the right hand side of the penalty area. Toni Kroos fired a looping shot into the net to provide a stunning finale to this pulsating game. It leaves the group wide open for any two from four stil to progress.

Group G : Belgium 5-2 Tunisia

Belgium brushed past the Tunisian's with a convincing victory that leaves them top of the group. The two Tunisian goals leave some doubts about their defensive capabilities but Roberto Martinez could take this talented team far in the competition because of their attacking prowess. England can help Belgium progress with a victory tomorrow.

---------------

Summary

Group F is now wide open. The final games are Sweden v Mexico and Germany v South Korea.

Mexico need to avoid defeat to progress.

You'd bet on the Germans to beat the South Koreans. Which would leave Sweden needing to beat the Mexicans by a goal more than the Germans beat the Koreans. That scenario eliminates Mexico and South Korea,

Of course South Korea could also still advance by beating the Germans by two clear goals and hoping Mexico beat Sweden.

Easy huh!

---------------

Tomorrow there are three more fixtures featuring second group games for all the nations involved.

Group G

England v Panama

Group H

Japan v Senegal
Poland v Colombia

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Yeah. Footbol in the morning and we have weekend solstice partying going on. I had to chose, so soccer it was!

Coffee beer at the bar and Mexico replay on. A nice lazy Saturday!

I will miss the concert tonight but oh well.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I’ll admit that Mexico can win games. But I am not a fan or believer. They, like Brazil, flop too much and are crybabies which I hate. (Beautiful game me arse!) May be my bitterness at the US or Italia not making it but look at Messie.

This is worse than the Mud Pit! LOL! I assume slings and arrows for this post! In my defense I am American and only care about who wins or losses! Lulz! (I am an opinionated ex-soccer player who stands his ground. Bring it on!!)

But be kinda nice (so our conversation here can continue!) It is only game after all and if they can shake hands after the game we can post our ill informed points of view here (not like I am dumb enough to gamble on this when emotions are involved!!)

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It was as excruciating as watching the Champions League final in 1999 to me!

Seriously - That was a fantastic game tonight to watch as a neutral and proves you should always play until the final whistle blows. Especially now when VAR decisions seem to be extending games into the 5+ mins added on time. Some players seem to think the job is done once the 90 mins mark is reached.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The 'spicy Mexican' comment was a joke. Although I suspect you already know that!

We don't see much Mexican football here in the UK. Although I know Javier Hernandez as he played for West Ham United in our Premier League and also for another English club whose name escapes me at the moment.

They might not even get out of their group.

So I welcome your comments on here. Call it as you see it.

But remember we may Clash when it comes to England.

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
15 mins into 2nd half ang germany equalize. Its getting hot again...theyve had about 5 shots at goal putting sweden under great pressure

posted on Jun, 23 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Hahaha life is good when u have those choices

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Kane just hit it for 5 nil lol pubs gone mental

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   

A bunch of us just cried watching the last time we played Belgium in the world cup.
Beer n footy can make any maddog Englishman boo.
edit on 24-6-2018 by testingtesting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

On my way home now to a BBQ glad the ref put a stop to the wrestling in the box let's hope other refs follow suit.

posted on Jun, 24 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Another close match with Japan and Senegal!

Japan looks the fitter side. They too can get another.

Tied at two.

All four teams with one point is a possibility!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join