It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Un accepts Trump's invitation to Washington: report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: wakeupstupid

Oh man, I can't wait to see how this is spun negatively.

Why, you can't think of any of the obvious reasons on your own?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Can you think of some reasons it might be a positive?

Or are you too enamored of your dislike of Trump to see the possible positives that may come out of this?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Lumenari

Oh cmon now the art of the heel is funny, even you contards surely can see the funny side.

I thought my reply was funny too... but it got pulled and I was given two warnings for one post.

Liberal moderator with their panties in a knot, I suppose... ~shrug~

Since you calling me a "contard" is not political baiting to them... LOL
edit on 13-6-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Can you think of some reasons it might be a positive?

Or are you too enamored of your dislike of Trump to see the possible positives that may come out of this?

Seagull, if trump wants to invite him to his private home in Mar a lago for a weekend visit, that's his business. But to the White House? Just no. After he's given indications that he will keep his word, maybe.

We need to wait and see how Kim does with the Singapore agreements before we roll out the red carpet for him at the WH. Reports indicate he's already bragging in his country about all the concessions made for him, and not a peep about denuclearization.

We are in a wait and see period, not a break out the champagne, and celebrate a heretofore murderous dictator who still holds entire families in prison.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Foreign heads of state not allowed in White House if some citizens dont fancy them.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Bizarre isn't it, I was quite surprised both our comments were pulled, me thinks someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning, at first I thought it was a heavy handed trumpladite, but no the MOD is English...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Foreign heads of state not allowed in White House if some citizens dont fancy them.

It’d be cool if Antifa showed up and tried to rush and burn the White House like Berkeley.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No.

That would be uncool. Totally.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I sat Theresa May shouldnt be allowed at the White House. Damn dictator.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

My comment was pulled also. I guess hypocrites don't like to be called out!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: burgerbuddy

No.

That would be uncool. Totally.

Yeah Kim’s bodyguards would make Kent state look like tienimam square.

edit on 6 13 2018 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Its funny how everybody is harping on ol tinpot dictator Kimmy, but yet are silent on every warmongering US president.

Selective memory is a bish eh?
edit on 6/13/2018 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Or names like Yasser Arafat? That name ring any bells?

More than a few have graced the White House with their presence that we wouldn't allow to set foot in our front yards...much less in our houses. It's the price that sometimes needs paying at this level of politics and diplomacy. No one says we have to like it, and I don't...I'd just as soon visits by tinpot dictators be kept to a minimum--or zero, better yet.

My guess is Trump doesn't like it, either. You plug your nose and do the job.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Of course he will. Trump has legitimized Un now. HE will then show it to his people all dressed up and edited as how powerful he is that the American President brought him over. Meanwhile, they will continue with their nuclear program and South Korea is left holding the bag in the end.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Bizarre isn't it, I was quite surprised both our comments were pulled, me thinks someone got out of the wrong side of bed this morning, at first I thought it was a heavy handed trumpladite, but no the MOD is English...

Well, I will remember from now on to not use the acronym "CNN" unless it is in the mudpit.

And here I had thought you and I were just having a bit of light-hearted banter...

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: wakeupstupid

You think a lying, fat, little rocket man, tinpot dictator deserves the honor of an invitation to the White House?

Why?

Maybe if you had a nuclear tipped ICBM, you might get an invite too. As long as you're not Muslim.

I know, right? War is such a better option.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Oh cmon now the art of the heel is funny, even you contards surely can see the funny side.

I thought my reply was funny too... but it got pulled and I was given two warnings for one post.

Liberal moderator with their panties in a knot, I suppose... ~shrug~

Since you calling me a "contard" is not political baiting to them... LOL

sounds normal

we are in a waning crescent phase

you will be full again soon enough

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The twilight zone continues

Dee do dee do dee do

Things keep getting weirder and weirder

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Great to see this! Glad we are welcoming our former enemy with open arms, it is a true sign of strength and wisdom.

Trump is putting a stop to the endless wars and pandering to the MIC. There is no legitimate reason to avoid peace with the DPRK

I've been pretty harsh regarding NK, but I am truly excited for our future and getting to see the people of North Korea experience life in a soon-to-be prosperous society. NK joining the US world order will be a benefit to both countries - with US/international investors lining up to do business in NK

Bring on the peace!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I'm not quite sure what you are getting at. As if Kim's "legitimacy" has ever made a difference? Recognition does not change the reality on the ground. And it is Kim's nuclear weapons program that put the world on notice, forcing a different approach vs. isolation/non-recognition.

Heads of state meeting is a common thing, not something that confers any particular "legitimacy." Kim is in power, whether it is acknowledged or not. NK is also a nuclear state, whether it is acknowledged or not.

Kim is under just as much pressure for this to succeed, given that the footage from the summit - of them both respecting one another as equals vs. human/god paradigm could near certainly cause Kim to lose domestic legitimacy in NK and overthrow by his own people/generals if he fails to bring about meaningful benefits to his country. To him, peace must succeed or he'll look like a weak failure who bowed to US pressure.

Fortunately for Kim, Trump is sincere about being a peacemaker. And fortunately for Trump (who risked looking foolish if Kim rebuked him), Kim also appears serious about making peace. Think about it, you don't do a nuclear dance with the most powerful nation on Earth unless you want their attention.

Kim has no valid reason to continue hostilities with us, nor we with him. He has everything to gain by mutual cooperation, including making his country a success and taking it in to the 21st century world order. Trump has a lot to gain for us as well, least of which is making a name for himself as a diplomatic genius and resolving an issue long thought to be unsolvable.
edit on 6/13/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join