It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump is Better Than You

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
If you were to compare President Trump to any of the myriad people who spend their conscious hours opposing him, nine times out of ten you’d be comparing the exception to the mean, the legendary to the forgettable, the trophy case of history to its proverbial dustbin.

But we should compare them nonetheless, because one of them lives and is sometimes employed to disparage the other, while the other is out there trying to make well on his promises and do right by the people who elected him, and even those who hate him.

That’s what makes anti-Trumpism so gut-wrenchingly hilarious, but at the same time ironic and pitiful. With the amount of scorn, bullying and hatred emanating from anti-Trumpers, one might expect that they were in some way or another better than the President, perhaps higher up the food chain, more successful, more influential, more powerful, more likely to be a memorable chapter in world history. But given the contrast between their own lives and the life of the man they hate, their criticisms resemble less and less legitimate scrutiny, and more and more the symptoms of an inferiority complex.

Nonetheless they have taken it upon themselves to malign the President in nearly every breath, using terms of ridicule and hatred, all of which seems to happen from a very, very safe distance. This is easy enough to do for someone who will never attain the vast heights of Donald Trump, who will never be in the same position, who will never have the same amount to lose, and most of all, will never be in the same vicinity as the very man they are opposing. It is not a coincidence, but a convenience, when someone makes a life of speaking ill of others behind their back.

I often think of it—given the chance for a face-to-face, would they be able to jeer at the man they vehemently oppose, instead of continually making a show of it to their friends and online? Given that chance, would they have the stones to caricature and dehumanize the President like they do when he isn't around? Perhaps. I suppose an anti-Trumper like Robert DeNiro could, so long as he wasn’t too busy signalling his anti-Trumpism to a cheering crowd of his peers. (I am still unsure whether he is signalling his opposition or desperately trying to remain relevant). But then again, given that actors are paid liars, it’s difficult to separate the man from the act.

Still, what I wouldn’t give to see a vehement anti-Trumper in the President’s position, under the same level of scrutiny selectively offered by the politically correct establishment and their obsequious followers. If he wasn't already a career politician, I wager he would melt under the pressure. In the end he would surely adopt the public/private view approach of PR politics, where every speech, every public appearance, every robotic delivery, is formulated to placate and flatter the masses rather than engage with them.

But, alas, I will never get such satisfaction. There is, however, one trifling thing I can always be certain of when listening to an anti-Trumper, and can always use as a vast well of comedy and laughter:

Donald Trump is better than you.

LesMis

Conditioned much?

How easy for the few to brainwash the many, to the point where these sociopath leaders are looked at as mini Gods!

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

I’d prefer a human being in office, not an unrealistic, god-like set of standards you prefer.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: RowanBean
LOL. So basically it doesn't matter what a person did, if he makes the world a little better place, he's better than us? Hitler made the world a little better due to Autobahn, technology, space travel and such.

Now I've heard it all.

Hitler killed millions of people. I’m not sure whether you’re ignorant or arguing in bad faith, but this is a stupid comparison.

We killed millions of women and children in the Middle East.
But anyway that's the gist I am getting from your post above mine. You basically said you'll forgive a person (MLK) for transgressions if he makes the world a better place. Hitler certainly made the world a little better.
Just be more careful with what you said. Choose your words carefully and explain yourself better.
Changing the world for the better doesn't necessarily forgive nor makes the person better than us.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

LOL. So basically it doesn't matter what a person did, if he makes the world a little better place, he's better than us? Hitler made the world a little better due to Autobahn, technology, space travel and such.

Now I've heard it all.

Hitler killed millions of people. I’m not sure whether you’re ignorant or arguing in bad faith, but this is a stupid comparison.

But anyway that's the gist I am getting from your post above mine. You basically said you'll forgive a person (MLK) for transgressions if he makes the world a better place. Hitler certainly made the world a little better.
Just be more careful with what you said. Choose your words carefully and explain yourself better.
Changing the world for the better doesn't necessarily forgive nor makes the person better than us.

How did Hitler make the world a better place? Was it the genocide?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I’d prefer a human being in office, not an unrealistic, god-like set of standards you prefer.

How do you know what I prefer? Can you read my mind? Please tell me what I prefer?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

How do you know what I prefer? Can you read my mind? Please tell me what I prefer?

I was being general. I have no clue what you prefer.

link   
Well say what you will, but I will forever make fun of the adolescent minded human being we have in office. It's fun as hell to do. Why? Because he thinks hes extremely smart. He boasts about his high IQ and anyone who opposes him has a low IQ.
I don't think using words like "bigly" is a common trait of people with actual high IQs.

The guy has a kid's minset. Wah wah wah

This is why I will never stop making fun of his dumbass. No matter what he accomplishes. His fault, not mine.

link   

Now I've heard it all.

Did the west make the world a better place by illegally invading the middle East, responsible for the deaths of millions of people?

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I was being general. I have no clue what you prefer.

So you are the type that puts everyone in groups without knowing nothing about them. Not a good start!

link   

Now I've heard it all.

Well he did singly handily stop that Adolf mustach from becoming popular

link   

Now I've heard it all.

I believe I've explained that but it appears that you deliberately missed that part.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
We all make world a little better place for our families, children, friends and others, despite our weakness.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Now I've heard it all.

I believe I've explained that but it appears that you deliberately missed that part.

It is demonstrably untrue that Hitler made the world a better place.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword

Well he did singly handily stop that Adolf mustach from becoming popular

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

So you are the type that puts everyone in groups without knowing nothing about them. Not a good start!

The type? Sounds like you're just as guilty.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Soulece

I don't think using words like "bigly" is a common trait of people with actual high IQs.

The word he uses is "Big League". That's your fault, not his.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

LOL not a good answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

LOL not a good answer.

The point is, if we couldn't generalize, we wouldn't be able to hold a conversation. So, no, you didn't have a good answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Now I've heard it all.

It is demonstrably untrue that Hitler made the world a better place.

Space travel? Technology? Military advancements? Certainly even you agree about Autobahn?
Anyway that's besides the point. Just because someone makes the world better doesn't make their "sins" forgivable or make them better than us.

posted on Jun, 15 2018 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RowanBean

Space travel? Technology? Military advancements? Certainly even you agree about Autobahn? Anyway that's besides the point. Just because someone makes the world better doesn't make their "sins" forgivable or make them better than us.

The guy killed millions and millions of people, attacked his neighbors, and threw civilized society into world war. Sorry, no, Hitler did not make the world a better place, he made it worse, and we're still feeling the effects of that.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join