It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro explains how bad Trump’s NK deal really is.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Phases makes sense. Both parties take it one phase at a time in unison.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

On Tuesday, Mr Trump had been asked about whether he planned to lift sanctions against Pyongyang. “The sanctions will come off when we are sure that the nukes are no longer a factor. Sanctions played a big role, but they’ll come off at that point,” he said. “I hope it’s going to be soon, but they’ll come off. As you know, and as I’ve said, the sanctions right now remain. But at a certain point, I actually look forward to taking them off.”

this makes more sense.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Grimpachi

I wanted to know if it was NK saying it, or it was something Trump promised. I seem to remember Kim's daddy having quite a few hole in one's on his first golf outing, so NK news may not be the bastion of truth.

But if this turns out to be true, it would be a bad thing. Trump had made comments about this before, and he said we would need proof of his word, before we did any of that.

You aren't the only one who wants to know what Trump promised.

They had a meeting and made some sort of agreement, but the Trump administration hasn't released it. Why?

What is up with calling off joint training calling it provocative and expensive? Troops still need to be trained and calling it "provocative" is the same language that China and NK use. That joint training has always been a deterrent to both NK and China and since China has been expanding their makeshift Islands I think it is really short-sighted to be calling off operations with our proven allies at the drop of a hat.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Troops still need to be trained

the main reason for the drills in that specific location was not training.

it is not as if trump told lil the usa will stop training or that sk would.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

I was deployed there 14 months my first tour. I know why they are there.

Him claiming it will save money, well maybe a little, but training continues joint or otherwise. Some of the best training does happen in those joint exercises. You know one of Trumps big promises was to build up the military to make a stronger military and now it is oh no we need to save money. I have no idea what he got in return for calling it off... let us hope he got something.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'd be fine with the deal as long as NK FULLY denuclearizes before we remove anyone. I'm also ok with stopping wargames with SK while the process happens. I imagine it would take a long while to complete. Once done, I think it would be fine to pull out of SK.

I won't call the "deal" a success yes, because no actual deal has been made, nothing is set in stone, and even if it were, it doesn't mean NK will actually follow through with their side of the deal.

If we pull out troops and stop wargames with SK, only with vague promises and no actual progress, then yes.. I think the deal can be considered terrible.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

My post quality is just fine. Yours are awful. It's like you don't even think about what you're saying anymore. You say people shouldn't interpret what you say, just read what you wrote, but then you do that to me. You did indeed make baseless assumptions. Nothing about what I said indicated this was a done deal. In fact, I said the opposite in plain English. You simply made something up because you had nothing else to argue about and for some reason you had to respond to me even though you really had nothing of substance to say in response to my post. That's a poor quality post by any standard.

I said this is just the beginning and nothing is set in stone, I even said people shouldn't be counting their chickens yet because this is all preliminary. You seem to agree with all that, so maybe you shouldn't just look for # to whine about when we actually pretty much agree on this issue right now. Christ man, get a grip. You can have the last word.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
I'd be fine with the deal as long as NK FULLY denuclearizes before we remove anyone. I'm also ok with stopping wargames with SK while the process happens.

This is pretty much the gist of what they agreed to, according to pretty much every news outlet everywhere. Of course none of us really knows because unless you were in the room, knew both Korean and English, and were a deity of some sort and knew for certain you really saw and heard what you saw and heard and weren't delusional, you'll never know for certain what was agreed to. It's always going to be 2nd-hand information or worse. That's kind of the nature of reality, but this bothers people apparently.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

originally posted by: network dude

I wanted to know if it was NK saying it, or it was something Trump promised. I seem to remember Kim's daddy having quite a few hole in one's on his first golf outing, so NK news may not be the bastion of truth.

But if this turns out to be true, it would be a bad thing. Trump had made comments about this before, and he said we would need proof of his word, before we did any of that.

You aren't the only one who wants to know what Trump promised.

They had a meeting and made some sort of agreement, but the Trump administration hasn't released it. Why?

What is up with calling off joint training calling it provocative and expensive? Troops still need to be trained and calling it "provocative" is the same language that China and NK use. That joint training has always been a deterrent to both NK and China and since China has been expanding their makeshift Islands I think it is really short-sighted to be calling off operations with our proven allies at the drop of a hat.

Are you a vet? I am, and I've been through my share of exercises. Exercises are very important, don't get me wrong, but stopping them for a short time while we try to negotiate is not a problem for us. Yes, I'm talking in absolutes here, because I know from first-hand experience. We don't do these exercises constantly anyway, they are usually months apart. As I recall the next one was scheduled for August. Even then, rescheduling or canceling it would not seriously hurt our military readiness. Don't forget, General Kelly was sitting right next to Trump during the 2nd meeting when all of this was agreed to, it's not like Trump just made this bafoonish call because he doesn't understand our military readiness. This was likely all discussed before they ever got to Singapore anyway.

If we see NK dragging their feet and not being serious, we can just start doing exercises again. It's really not as big an issue as people are making it sound like. Also, our exercises really haven't been deterring China at all. That's not why we do them.
edit on 13 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: howtonhawky

I was deployed there 14 months my first tour. I know why they are there.

Him claiming it will save money, well maybe a little, but training continues joint or otherwise. Some of the best training does happen in those joint exercises. You know one of Trumps big promises was to build up the military to make a stronger military and now it is oh no we need to save money. I have no idea what he got in return for calling it off... let us hope he got something.

that is weak sauce
the usa and sk can still train together but just not on top of lil
you are being a bit over the top
the military is stronger than it was

i totally have faith in the secretary over there right now hashing out the details with nk.
"nk is no longer a nuclear threat" trump has said some seemingly over the top stuff all with one thing in common and that is some truth
remember "my wires are tapped" if the latest staetment has as much truth in it as the wire tap one did then we will never have to worry bout nk being a nuclear threat

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

My post quality is just fine. Yours are awful.

I did not say anything about the "quality" of your post. I said you should learn to be able to control what you say.

Considering that it appears you lack proper reading comprehension skills, I'm not sure you are in a position to make any claim as to the "quality" of my posts.

It's like you don't even think about what you're saying anymore. You say people shouldn't interpret what you say, just read what you wrote, but then you do that to me.

I did not interpret anything. I made a reasonable extrapolation based on what you actually said.

You did indeed make baseless assumptions. Nothing about what I said indicated this was a done deal. In fact, I said the opposite in plain English.

You spoke in absolutes and did not claim the "opposite" until after the fact.

You simply made something up because you had nothing else to argue about and for some reason you had to respond to me even though you really had nothing of substance to say in response to my post. That's a poor quality post by any standard.

My post was reasonable because you were speaking in absolutes and are not is a position to know the true facts. Calling you out on that is not poor quality. It's the truth.

And I did not make anything up. You are being dishonest.

I said this is just the beginning and nothing is set in stone, I even said people shouldn't be counting their chickens yet because this is all preliminary. You seem to agree with all that, so maybe you shouldn't just look for # to whine about when we actually pretty much agree on this issue right now. Christ man, get a grip.

Not in the post I quoted. Again, you are being dishonest.

You can have the last word.

Another chicken# tactic. Damn, you are not only dishonest, but also lazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Another chicken# tactic. Damn, you are not only dishonest, but also lazy.

Was that an -gasp- ad hominem attack by the great introvert?

Say it ain't so...

Sorry, couldn't resist. Don't take it too personally, you're just fun to work up sometimes. You have a good night, I'm done for real now.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Was that an -gasp- ad hominem attack by the great introvert?

It appears to be true. Notice how you skip the meat and potatoes of the post and go right to that?

Ya, chicken# was a proper term to use.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Don't take it too personally, you're just fun to work up sometimes. You have a good night, I'm done for real now.

What's there to take personally?

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Given the fact that his nuclear test site "caved in" I think the chances are a lot higher than most think.

You really think that an entire country that wants to build nukes only had ONE testing site?

Oh that is what you call it? Just Swooned? lol. I know you don't want this to end in a good way,

I'm not on the left and I for sure want turmp to win. If trump wins we all win. But when I was watching the summit it did look like trump was sucking up to kim. Kim is a murdering dictator pos, Being diplomatic and respectful is one thing but trump went overboard with it.

It remains to be seen if kim is lying once again or will actually give up nuke his nukes.

But what bothers me the most is that trump didn't once bring up how kim treats his people. This should be more about getting kim to stop hurting all his people and less about the beautiful beaches of keorea.

You know basically trump just told kim that he can do whatever he likes to his people we will even move our troops away and give him more space. Kim said he will maybe think about doing something with his nukes....maybe.

I hope that kim gives up his nukes and then the world makes him treat his people better.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

If Kim does deliver then it is worth it.
If Kim doesn't deliver on his promises the deal is of, and nothing has been given away.

If Kim doesn't deliver on his promises, he's gone from dictator of a member of the Axis of Evil to someone who met the President of the United States as an equal.

You can't buy that kind of kudos.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
logic,common sense and reasoning tells me trump is doing a decent job....

my gut says that things are not as we see and possibly everything is backwards from our perception as in they will all believe the lie

reconcile that

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
What part does Ben Shapiro and the rest of the know it all media and politicians that North Korea must denuclearize or they are done for.....They also don’t know any other deals that are being held secret in the meeting....The U.S. military intelligence will 100 % advise war and the destruction of North Korea’s government if He continues to build nuclear bombs with a payload....The thing that is uncertain is what China will do.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I like Ben but he is wrong ALOT!
I cannot see where he could have enough details to make a claim yet.
I haven't read the thread and do not intend to watch the video.
But I can say this.
Bens chances to run for prez in 2020 and win just went out the high rise window.

I have to imagine how hard it will be for him to remain relevant if Iran is next

Bens biggest concern most likely though is that it is almost a certainty this administration will be seeking Israel to denuclearize after Iran.

Just like the agreement made with NK was made and done BEFORE Singapore the Iran deal will be and might already be done before their announced meeting.
Israel is third on that short list
THAT is what is not sitting well with Ben.
This is the 1st domino reply to: JoshuaCox

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

we will have to see. And if he gave away the store, I'll be pissed, as I don't trust Kim as far as I can throw him, but I do hope for the best. But the exercises on the Koran peninsula are largely posturing on both sides. Always has been, and we all know that. The troops will still train, of that, I am certain. And I think you know that as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
TLDW

It's sorta obvious this meeting was to set a framework and goals for negotiations. There is no "deal" yet.

Pompeo just said today - 2.5 years to denuclearization. That's a big improvement from what Obama got accomplished!

Or Clinton.

Or Bush (both).

Or Reagan (RIP).

Or Carter (just die already!)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join