It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro explains how bad Trump’s NK deal really is.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ben Shapiro is a hard line conservative Never Trumper who does not want Trump to succeed.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: introvert

True. I will wait to see what happens. Until then, best not to speak in absolutes. Would you agree?
Even if a deal is struck and signed does not mean the Trump or a future POTUS cant cancel it . So as far as absolutes go its still death and taxes that rule .

If it becomes a treaty a future POTUS can't cancel it. That's what Trump intends to do and what Congress wants to do. That's what Obama failed to do with Iran. He wanted a deal so bad, he couldn't get a good enough deal to get it through Congress. We won't make the same mistake here.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: introvert

I'm not suggesting you be responsible for the other poster, I'm just suggesting you're initial post left open that impression and belittled others for reading it that way.

My words are my words. No need for interpretation.

People need to read them for what they are and stop trying to "interpret" things.

This is hilarious considering

a reply to: face23785

You're acting like they signed a treaty.

Yes. You are talking in absolutes, so I assumed this was a done deal.

Maybe you should, I dunno, just read what my words are and not make baseless assumptions?

Seriously, what happened to you man? Your post quality has been in a steady decline since I've been here.
edit on 13 6 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I just think it's absurd to say this is a great success without knowing all the details and to see what we are getting out of this deal.

Yea, that's kind of the reason for the opposition to this thread. We don't know the details, what we do know is that a world leader was able to meet face to face with Kim Jong Un, and have a dialog. Something that has potential to be an amazing step towards peace.

Glad you see the big picture here.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
He is usually spot on but missing the details here.

Going on about ending militiristic drills is not the same as removing forces.

This is not a bad deal but the most logical step to take at this point.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Maybe you should, I dunno, just read what my words are and not make baseless assumptions?

If you are speaking in absolutes, my assumptions are not baseless. You did not use any language that would indicate you were not speaking in those absolutes. So I did read your words for what they were.

Perhaps you should learn to better control what you say.

Seriously, what happened to you man? Your post quality has been in a steady decline since I've been here.

This line has become one of many go-to's for those that can't seem to find a better argument.

That could easily be turned back around on to you and it is, frankly, a stupid tactic.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I just think it's absurd to say this is a great success without knowing all the details and to see what we are getting out of this deal.

Yea, that's kind of the reason for the opposition to this thread. We don't know the details, what we do know is that a world leader was able to meet face to face with Kim Jong Un, and have a dialog. Something that has potential to be an amazing step towards peace.

Glad you see the big picture here.

Of course this has great potential. You would have to be a partisan dick to dismiss this without very good reason. That being said, it is also illogical to say this is a success without seeing what the results are/will be.

I see some people being negative towards the issue because of their dislike of Trump, but I also see many pro-Trump people putting the cart way before the horse and calling this the best thing to happen to the US.

We need to slow down and not only stop being so negative about it because of who the president is, but also stop being douchebag fanboys just because of who the president is.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Man, the world really has gone nuts when it takes a conservative to keep me redpilled on Trump. But then again, Ben Shapiro is a real conservative and not just a troll or a bootlicker.

a reply to: mikell

Hm, who is "the other side" here? You're talking about a guy who literally sells mugs with the phrase "leftist tears" printed on them.

a reply to: defuntion

Well it's all up in the air still. What I fear is that Trump wants or needs a win like this so bad that he'll act short-sighted. We need a strong, clear foreign policy. Isn't it funny that these negotiations come right after the nuke site collapsed? What a coincidence.

I don't mind if Trump wants to spin a media circus. But if he starts making real concessions then he better get something very important in return and not just cuck us out. World peace is not something that magically happens and then it's a done deal. Even in an age of Korean peace there'd still be China to worry about, and China was the real player all along. Si vis pacem, para bellum.

originally posted by: defuntion
Does anyone really think that by stopping war games that US has lost any real strategic influence in the world?

How is strategic influence won, according to you?

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

We need to slow down and not only stop being so negative about it because of who the president is, but also stop being douchebag fanboys just because of who the president is.

I agree. No matter what, it's progress. And not having to worry about nuclear war with NK can only be a good thing from my vantage point. So I hope that turns out to be the case.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants

Isn't it funny that these negotiations come right after the nuke site collapsed? What a coincidence.

... and the winner is CUTEPANTS!

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He is correct in his assessment, Trump got played and gave stuff away without North Korea doing anything more than it has said it has done and it is the same promises it has done in the past.

They show up for the meeting, then it was a signing of a document with vague definition to terms. Even when the leader of the North Korea was asked, about giving up his nuclear weapons, he did not answer but laughed. Then Trump says that he is cancelling the war games for the year. North Korea got what it wanted out of this, a photo op and what would be viewed as a legitimizing of its government and policies by the USA, and making it a player on the world stage.

And now it is being reported, from North Korea, that the US is going to start easing the sanctions against it.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Cutepants

Isn't it funny that these negotiations come right after the nuke site collapsed? What a coincidence.

... and the winner is CUTEPANTS!

yea
world peace is so much easier than digging a tunnel

not much logic in that thought

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I get the feeling that NK and China were aiming for the end of SK, Japan, and US military partnership from the beginning.

Withing 24hrs China is petitioning the UN to lift sanctions and there are reports that goods are already starting to flow into NK from China.

I don't know what was in the agreement, but it looks like Trump was played. It seems strange that Trump administration hasn't released what was signed yet unless it makes them look bad. Trump even came out and called our joint military exercises provocative. That is something I expect from China or NK not a US president.
edit on 13-6-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I agree. No matter what, it's progress. And not having to worry about nuclear war with NK can only be a good thing from my vantage point. So I hope that turns out to be the case.

It may be progress and I hope that turns out to be the case as well.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

And now it is being reported, from North Korea, that the US is going to start easing the sanctions against it.

could you link to any news source reporting this? that would be a big deal and not at all what was said before.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

could you link to any news source reporting this? that would be a big deal and not at all what was said before.

Donald Trump has agreed to lift sanctions on North Korea, claims nation’s state media

North Korea Says Trump Intends to Lift Sanctions Against Regime

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com...

North Korea has already spun the results of the summit in its favor, claiming it had won major concessions from the United States during its discussions with Mr. Trump. The authoritarian country’s state-controlled news media said that Mr. Trump had promised to eventually lift sanctions against the North and to end joint military drills with South Korea. It also said the United States had agreed to a phased, “step-by-step” denuclearization process for the North, rather than the immediate dismantling of its nuclear capability.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

i know it does not help much but i heard such too but during report i missed the last part...

here yuns goes www.bloomberg.com...

i would not put too much stock into any single detail at this point

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Sorry, if nk denuclearizes it's an amazing feat.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I wanted to know if it was NK saying it, or it was something Trump promised. I seem to remember Kim's daddy having quite a few hole in one's on his first golf outing, so NK news may not be the bastion of truth.

But if this turns out to be true, it would be a bad thing. Trump had made comments about this before, and he said we would need proof of his word, before we did any of that.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join