It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Shapiro explains how bad Trump’s NK deal really is.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: timequake
a reply to: JoshuaCox

50,000 US soldiers died to keep South Korea an independent democratic state and trump is about to hand it over with a smile.

I'm sorry, but where was it stated in the agreement that South Korea loses its soverignty and is handed over to the North?

This, quite frankly. How did one extrapolate this outcome?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Un meeting with the leader of the free world is exactly what Un wanted. Forget the rest. He's on the world stage with the President of the U.S. He's got some great propaganda material now.

I do hope he (Un) has good intentions and wants more for his people and country...I just have my doubts and don't think he should be rewarded for all of his jack-assery by getting an audience with the president.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: JDmOKI

I know more than a few who would be considered L, that find some common ground with him on some stuff..don't fall for the L/R crap.

I would agree with you, the need for security is alarming..I don't feel those that are threatening really represent your average left leaning soul.
Peace

I'm a registered independent and I enjoy Ben Shapiro's perspective but as other members stated he's not always right and I don't think anyone really knows how this is gonna end.

I think ending the war games is a good first step at moving forward. Gotta give to get

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think it's crucial to find out what we gained in this process, yet I have not heard what that is.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: JDmOKI

I know more than a few who would be considered L, that find some common ground with him on some stuff..don't fall for the L/R crap.

I would agree with you, the need for security is alarming..I don't feel those that are threatening really represent your average left leaning soul.
Peace

I'm a registered independent and I enjoy Ben Shapiro's perspective but as other members stated he's not always right and I don't think anyone really knows how this is gonna end.

I think ending the war games is a good first step at moving forward. Gotta give to get

What did we get?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Can you enumerate the detaild of the agreement so we can discuss the facts?

Im a shapiro fan too.....but hes not always correct. I also am not decided on the deal amd what i think of it.

This was from before the meeting happened. I think my main take away was this: "I don't think meetings for the sake of meetings are a good thing. And up until five minutes ago most conservatives didn't either."

He criticised the fact that the US is legitimizing Kim with no real apparent concessions given from him.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The deference is, over all the other "experts", you want to get it in writing before you kick their a**! At least ask them their name. That's the "honorable" thing to do. Any real American knows this ain't about making "peace". Pres. Trump is an American, that has no doubt, dealt with a lot of "lawyers" in his time. Pres. Trump is building "a case" for "reason". Nothing Trump does will satisfy american (cough!) liberals.. The rules of the "real world"? Always give enough rope they can hang themselves on". Problem with "Educated Liberals" is they're not "teached" that it takes a negative to make a positive. Nobody even cares to argue with these ignorant, educated fools anymore. They're so out of touch with basic science and nature. That they're beyond "educating".

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Hell trump even just said he wanted to remove all US troops from the region which would weaken American interests substantially.

I respectfully request that you do some more reading on this, or perhaps better explain your thoughts here. I'm genuinely interested in hearing what Americans consider to be American regional interests as they are connected with this summit.

America's role in the region is as a protectionist overlord for two sovereign states, made necessary because a war which took place many decades ago was never formally ended.

Despite a long-term (and by definition, incredibly expensive) military presence, one hostile neighbouring country has been able to secure nuclear weapons, and a second neighbouring country has been able to prop them up to avoid the harshest international sanctions.

That second country is also the US's largest supplier of consumer products, and therefore most valuable trade partners, and also holds the lion share of the US's debt.

Yet, according to a news report only days ago, they should be considered an ACTUAL security threat to the US (more so than muh Russia) because they not only spy on you, but steal billions of dollars' worth of military info, and have spies numbering into the hundreds of thousands active inside the US's borders.

I'm not really sure what good the existing situation has done for the US that makes the left so desperate to cling to it, other than an opportunity to disagree with Trump?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The end of the nuclear program and end of the Korean War. Also a promise to return the bodies of service men who died in the war.

What can we get from a dirt poor country who can barely feed themselves

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I will refer you to my prediction from yesterday;

Trump will sell out the USs' allies to make himself look good.

Source

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The end of the nuclear program and end of the Korean War. Also a promise to return the bodies of service men who died in the war.

What can we get from a dirt poor country who can barely feed themselves

Did we get that in writing? All I have heard is that Un promised to think about winding-down his nuke program.

But we agreed to stop our exercises.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Was the first meeting in decades and it went well. The hope is to have several meetings and open up a relationship with an isolationist country we've been at war with for 60 years. I agree it's vague but let's see it plays out and stay optimistic
edit on 12-6-2018 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Was the first meeting in decades and it went well. The hope is to have several meetingsand open up a relationship with an isolationist country we've been at war with for 60 years. I agree it's vague but let's see it play out and stay optimistic

I agree. We should see how this plays-out and I hope for the best. Obviously, Un likes Trump and if it takes Trump to set the Korean peninsula straight, I'm all for it.

I just think it's absurd to say this is a great success without knowing all the details and to see what we are getting out of this deal.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I'm not sure it was fully agreed to pull out all troops out of south Korea but to end war games but I honestly don't know.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sharpiro is a smart guy, but he's not a military expert. Stopping exercises for now is not a big concession. If a few months go by and NK is jerking us around by the dick, we can restart them. He should get some better sources, whoever told him that was a big deal got him good.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'm not sure it was fully agreed to pull out all troops out of south Korea but to end war games but I honestly don't know.

There is no agreement to pull our troops out of South Korea, it was only mentioned. We wouldn't do that until a lasting peace has been established and NK gives up its nukes. At that point, they're no longer needed. Not to mention, if hostilities broke out, we could get SK backup very fast. We practice for that all the time. That's all we did when I was at Fort Bragg, Global Response Exercises.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Still, what did we get in return?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Was the first meeting in decades and it went well. The hope is to have several meetingsand open up a relationship with an isolationist country we've been at war with for 60 years. I agree it's vague but let's see it play out and stay optimistic

I agree. We should see how this plays-out and I hope for the best. Obviously, Un likes Trump and if it takes Trump to set the Korean peninsula straight, I'm all for it.

I just think it's absurd to say this is a great success without knowing all the details and to see what we are getting out of this deal.

There is no deal, this is all preliminary. The media wants to call it a deal so they can tear it apart for not being specific enough. They met for a few hours. It took over a year to work out the Iran deal. Right now it's just wait and see.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Sharpiro is a smart guy, but he's not a military expert. Stopping exercises for now is not a big concession. If a few months go by and NK is jerking us around by the dick, we can restart them. He should get some better sources, whoever told him that was a big deal got him good.

It is a big deal if we didn't get something of "equal" value out of the deal, or anything at all.

Do you know what we got out of this?

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

It's interesting to see so many basically call the game after the fist pitch has been thrown.

Might want to wait a few innings before proclaiming it a disaster.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join