It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'We're America, bitch': A senior White House official sums up the Trump Doctrine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: whyamIhere

Every time i see that meme, it's snot and tears laughter.

It's probably unhealthy but I really don't care!

Yeah, its an hilarious meme... no doubt.

But theirs also a serious side to it... A Trump adviser has just recently claimed "theirs a special place in hell", for the Prime Minister of one of the US's most loyal allies.

I don't think I've ever heard such strong language used by a US official, against such a close ally, in my whole 35 years of existence on this earth.

Its very concerning... to say the least.

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Strong words typically only rattle weak people. While I don't necessarily agree with Trumps style, it seems to be working. If folks think that some words and hurt feelings are going to destroy our relationship with Canada then clearly we're not as good of allies as we think.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Strong words typically only rattle weak people.

I agree.

While I don't necessarily agree with Trumps style, it seems to be working.

So Canada have backed down?

I must have missed that... They seem to be holding strong, as far as I can see.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Maybe they will.

Fact is they will still come back to the table. Trump and Trudeau both know this.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
We are America bitch. We will stop all military exercises and eventually withdraw all our troops.

Ooooo that sounds soooo bad ass.

And some of you blamed Obama for being too soft.

posted on Jun, 12 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I am giggling like a schoolgirl.

Trump and Rodman solve Korean Peninsula.

This is all better than I dreamed...

You just can't make this stuff up!

Wonder what odds the odds-makers would have had on that duo?

I don't agree with a lot about Trump but I have to say he is far more entertaining and effective than any of the recent crews in DC. As long as he keeps on cutting taxes and strangling regulations, I'm cheering him on. Our county is going to be having about 150 new jobs in a few months and there are excellent prospects for at least 500 more due to new businesses and expansions of existing businesses. With the roaring economy my local leaders tell me there will be no need to increase local taxes.

I can sit and find faults with Trump and be all nasty because he's not putting up a facade of Mr. Nice Guy when he's actually a hard-nosed business man. That's not how I prefer to spend my time.
I prefer to cheer him on when he does good things for the country----good things in my opinion----like lessening the chance of a nuclear weapon being tossed our way. He's certainly made my South Korean cousin very happy. She has relatives in both Koreas.

When he's getting tax cuts for nearly all my relatives and actually letting them keep more of the money they've worked for, I'm cheering him on. When I get my investment statements, I'm cheering him on. When I see stories about the arrest of people who abuse and enslave humans, I'm cheering him on.

Bring on the peace and prosperity. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

originally posted by: whyamIhere

I am giggling like a schoolgirl.

Trump and Rodman solve Korean Peninsula.

This is all better than I dreamed...

You just can't make this stuff up!

Wonder what odds the odds-makers would have had on that duo?

I don't agree with a lot about Trump but I have to say he is far more entertaining and effective than any of the recent crews in DC. As long as he keeps on cutting taxes and strangling regulations, I'm cheering him on. Our county is going to be having about 150 new jobs in a few months and there are excellent prospects for at least 500 more due to new businesses and expansions of existing businesses. With the roaring economy my local leaders tell me there will be no need to increase local taxes.

I can sit and find faults with Trump and be all nasty because he's not putting up a facade of Mr. Nice Guy when he's actually a hard-nosed business man. That's not how I prefer to spend my time.
I prefer to cheer him on when he does good things for the country----good things in my opinion----like lessening the chance of a nuclear weapon being tossed our way. He's certainly made my South Korean cousin very happy. She has relatives in both Koreas.

When he's getting tax cuts for nearly all my relatives and actually letting them keep more of the money they've worked for, I'm cheering him on. When I get my investment statements, I'm cheering him on. When I see stories about the arrest of people who abuse and enslave humans, I'm cheering him on.

Bring on the peace and prosperity. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I like this post, alot. the thing with Trump is that unlike any other president, he was gonna be hated by and verbally condemned by almost all the MSM(except FOX) no matter what he does. It's a given. he doesn't have to worry about should he make this move or should he go that way. he doesn't have to lay asleep at night figuring how a good spin can be put on what he does because in this country right now whether he turns right or left, they will spin it in a way that says he is wrong or bad. That is a pressure he doesn't have to worry about. No other president had this luxury. CNN isn't gonna wake up one morning and decide hey let's give this guy a fair shake and actually do our reporting of the news based on what he really does. The negative slant is probably already written with small parts left open to actually fill in with, well you know facts.
So with that not to consider, he is gonna actually do what he thinks will be good for the country. Will he be wrong? sure, probably many times. But as I said, unlike presidents of the past he won't make his decisions on what he thinks will look good in the press, as the press have already decided WHATEVER he does will be wrong. The same goes for many voters in this country. If he threatened Kim and kept tensions high he would be the president who is gonna kill us all and start world war 3. If he makes peace he is getting played by Kim and of course, handing over South Korea to the north on a silver platter(think this has been said already).We may still be hearing how Russia won him the election when the next election comes around in 2020. He is a president who can do his job, good or bad, without the enormous pressure of how he will be portrayed, as that has already been decided.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Heh.

In the thread list it looks like, "Were America bitch."
Yeah. We used to be America. Bitch.

Power, properly applied, does not require the mentality expressed by this administration.
edit on 6/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Heh.

In the thread list it looks like, "Were America bitch."
Yeah. We used to be America. Bitch.

Power, properly applied, does not require the mentality expressed by this administration.

Perhaps not, in theory and in a perfect world... but, then again it's not wrong to say, either. We ARE America, love it or hate it, and the world is and has been our bitch since WWII. It's not PC to point out but it's certainly factual.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's not PC to point out but it's certainly factual.

No. Not factual. Until very recently.
But of course, diplomacy is stupid. Right?

And friends are friends until...when? They point out how foolishly you're acting?

"Give me the keys Bill. Now!"

Or is it, "I have no friends?"

edit on 6/13/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The concept of "friends" where international relations are concerned is so naive and innocent... Let's entertain this by using the hyperbolic silliness some foreign nations are trying to use against us, against them. Our "friendship" with any given nation is only one fascist, warmongering, petty, Hitleresque, etc, leader away from blowing up on us at any given time. Good allies require mutual and equal gains for all parties involved. The US has for far too long accepted less in return than we've given, all in exchange for the one thing our strength (in the global economic and military sense) has never actually needed: peer justification. Maybe that had some use during the Cold War when there were two global superpowers, us and the Soviets. Today, not so much. The Russians and Chinese are only a threat to us in the sense of the "Any Given Sunday" theory. Yes, if we played war with one or both of them, in 1 out of 100 scenarios the US loses. Playing the numbers game, the risks of loss aren't statistically viable enough for us to continue to give more than we get back simply to have a handful of "friends" grant us the benefit of their justification.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Try some paragraphs. Or something.

All I get is "We're the best so everyone should do what we want." I don't hold much truck with that. The world is not a zero sum game.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
There are a lot of people praising Trump for losing on trade at G7 and making an agreement with NK (where the details haven't been made public).

The G7 summit was a total f up on the Trump admin. The meeting with Kim could be good enough to warrant the loss of military joint exercises with ROK, but until the entire agreement has been made public assuming it went good or bad is premature.

One thing at the G7 that stood out was Trumps shameless pandering to Russia. That was weird.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
There are a lot of people praising Trump for losing on trade at G7 and making an agreement with NK (where the details haven't been made public).

The G7 summit was a total f up on the Trump admin. The meeting with Kim could be good enough to warrant the loss of military joint exercises with ROK, but until the entire agreement has been made public assuming it went good or bad is premature.

One thing at the G7 that stood out was Trumps shameless pandering to Russia. That was weird.

EU countries like Germany get most of their natural gas from Russia so Russia controls their energy. Control the energy control the Country. Trump was right to include Russia, because Russia can turn off the natural gas to get what he wants at any time, making Merkel just a Putin puppet. Trump don't deal with puppets, he deals with the real power leaders.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Try some paragraphs. Or something.

All I get is "We're the best so everyone should do what we want." I don't hold much truck with that. The world is not a zero sum game.

We get it, you are an apology tour kind of guy, ready to be taken advantage of in a moments notice.

posted on Jun, 13 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Then you get wrong. What I said is better distilled into "We're the biggest dog, so it don't make a SNIP of a difference what the world wants if it doesn't gel with what we want." As to the world not being a zero sum game, I totally agree... but that works both ways, ya? If the US is the one eternally getting less in return, why oh why should we continue that sham?
edit on 13-6-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join